PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread

Re: PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread

Hey Portugal fans,

Somehow I only recently heard about Juan Iturbe. My question to you is; does he warrant a buy? I am in a fairly empty game world and there are many good options to spend 3.6 million on, is he one of them?

What do you think of his potential?

thanks!

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

After the checking the amount of comments in the main thread (despite my efforts to avoid having them there) and PM's both through the forum and in-game, I decided to create this thread so that you ca

Otavio only deserves a +1 I think. Braga have been dropping like a stone recently which may (and probably should) affect their review.  Rahul's predictions for the big 3 are fair, so for the othe

Re: PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread It has been a great journey since 2011, great people and great fun! And well, This is my forum post number 1000! I could

Hey Portugal fans' date='

Somehow I only recently heard about Juan Iturbe. My question to you is; does he warrant a buy? I am in a fairly empty game world and there are many good options to spend 3.6 million on, is he one of them?

What do you think of his potential?

thanks![/quote']

Not for the moment, wait until the end of the month to see where he lands.

Benfica working hard on the defence - Bruno Cortez' date=' Lisandro Lopez and Silvio are all official reinforcemets.[/quote']

They are working hard, but i doubt they are working very well, Silvio is good for Benfica but isn't a buy so not that impressed, while the other two i doubt very much will be of any good, especially bruno cortez. With so many good players around the world, why the hell they will almost always go fetch the bad ones. That's one thing i'll never understand.

They are working hard' date=' but i doubt they are working very well, Silvio is good for Benfica but isn't a buy so not that impressed, while the other two i doubt very much will be of any good, especially bruno cortez. With so many good players around the world, why the hell they will almost always go fetch the bad ones. That's one thing i'll never understand.[/quote']

Benfica buy players that cost 10M for the wing but then don't want to give more than 1.5M for a left back :|

They are working hard' date=' but i doubt they are working very well, Silvio is good for Benfica but isn't a buy so not that impressed, while the other two i doubt very much will be of any good, especially bruno cortez. With so many good players around the world, why the hell they will almost always go fetch the bad ones. That's one thing i'll never understand.[/quote']

I agree on Cortez but I think Lopez will do well at SLB. Cortez will force Melgarejo to become a better player

Yeah completely agree with you on Silvio, Benfica will in the best scenario just farm him for Atletico if he indeed regains his Braga form... Plus he comes to Benfica primarly to get playing time and guarantee a ticket to Brazil next year...

Cortez yes, hardly seems an improvement on Melgarejo, and assuming Silvio will play RB only.... Really criptic this one.

Lisandro Lopez I disagree, the man seems to be the real deal, 23 years old already has experience seems a great buy to start rotating Luisão assuming Garay doesn't leave whichi seems increasingly more likely!

Yeah completely agree with you on Silvio' date=' Benfica will in the best scenario just farm him for Atletico if he indeed regains his Braga form... Plus he comes to Benfica primarly to get playing time and guarantee a ticket to Brazil next year...

Cortez yes, hardly seems an improvement on Melgarejo, and assuming Silvio will play RB only.... Really criptic this one.

Lisandro Lopez I disagree, the man seems to be the real deal, 23 years old already has experience seems a great buy to start rotating Luisão assuming Garay doesn't leave whichi seems increasingly more likely![/quote']

That cortez is a bad buy, period, for the LB we already have Almeida and Silvio, that can play that spot. Because with Maxi, Silvio, Almeida and now Amorim that can play RB, to all of them see moderate game time, at least Silvio and/or Almeida will rotate with Melga for LB with Amorim covering the CM and RB. And let's not forget that we have Luis Martins that is deserving of a shot instead of buying expensive poop from brazil.

That cortez is a bad buy' date=' period, for the LB we already have Almeida and Silvio, that can play that spot. Because with Maxi, Silvio, Almeida and now Amorim that can play RB, to all of them see moderate game time, at least Silvio and/or Almeida will rotate with Melga for LB with Amorim covering the CM and RB. And let's not forget that we have Luis Martins that is deserving of a shot instead of buying expensive poop from brazil.[/quote']

Cancelo at Rb as well needs a chance imo

That cortez is a bad buy' date=' period, for the LB we already have Almeida and Silvio, that can play that spot. Because with Maxi, Silvio, Almeida and now Amorim that can play RB, to all of them see moderate game time, at least Silvio and/or Almeida will rotate with Melga for LB with Amorim covering the CM and RB. [b']And let's not forget that we have Luis Martins that is deserving of a shot[/b] instead of buying expensive poop from brazil.

Wasn't Luis Martins sold definetively to Gil Vicente?

You clearly have more faith than i in that Club. Anyway' date=' if we'll win something, it's because Porto is playing bad.[/quote']

Suppose you could say that, Just think if we can secure a good CM/DM we are sorted for next season

Wasn't Luis Martins sold definetively to Gil Vicente?

Didin't know that he was sold, thought he was loaned. If he was sold, it's even worse than i thought, selling Luis Martins for then buy Cortez is one hell of a bad move. They already sold Carole too, maybe Cortez will be for the B team, ahahah, that would be great.

Didin't know that he was sold' date=' thought he was loaned. If he was sold, it's even worse than i thought, selling Luis Martins for then buy Cortez is one hell of a bad move. They already sold Carole too, maybe Cortez will be for the B team, ahahah, that would be great.[/quote']

Was Carole sold? not a loan?

:eek:

Did some reasearch on the Benfica LB's hehe.

Luís Martins signed with Gil Vicente back in January for 3.5 seasons. So that's defitinive.

Carole signed with Troyes until 2016 last Twesday, so that's also definitive.

So Benfica only really had Melgarejo, André Almeida and Silvio neither of them are primarly LB's... So a LB is really mandatory hence the Cortez acquisition. Now, about the quality what of the player, I really have my doubts he did very good at Botafogo in 2011 (earned a NT call up) but was now a flop at São Paulo.

Suppose you could say that' date=' Just think if we can secure a good CM/DM we are sorted for next season[/color']

Don't know how old you are, but Benfica only won the championship 6 times in my lifetime, and i am only old enough to remember the last three. I've seen more than enough from Benfica to not have faith in that institution. After lots of seasons full of disappointment, i was still incredible surprised when they managed to lose 3 competitions in a matter of a couple of weeks. But after that one, i won't be fooled again!;)

Don't know how old you are' date=' but Benfica only won the championship 6 times in my lifetime, and i am only old enough to remember the last three. I've seen more than enough from Benfica to not have faith in that institution. After lots of seasons full of disappointment, i was still incredible surprised when they managed to lose 3 competitions in a matter of a couple of weeks. But after that one,[b'] i won't be fooled again!;)[/b]

LOL

:P was ridiculous yes, but you have to give then a little slack as they did play well before they messed up in the last week

Don't know how old you are' date=' but Benfica only won the championship 6 times in my lifetime, and i am only old enough to remember the last three. I've seen more than enough from Benfica to not have faith in that institution. After lots of seasons full of disappointment, i was still incredible surprised when they managed to lose 3 competitions in a matter of a couple of weeks. But after that one, [b']i won't be fooled again[/b]!;)

HEHEHEHE nice The Who remission!

Anyway, you're beeing a bit unfair, I'm not Benfica fan but have to admit that since LFV presidency (and mainly JJ's) Benfica have really stepped up at the financial and sporting level. This last season you were literally dying at the beach but that only makes you stronger I believe. Porto is a formidable opponent for any club in Europe it's not at all shamefull to loose to them!

HEHEHEHE nice The Who remission!

Anyway' date=' you're beeing a bit unfair, I'm not Benfica fan but have to admit that since LFV presidency (and mainly JJ's) Benfica have really stepped up at the financial and sporting level. This last season you were literally dying at the beach but that only makes you stronger I believe. Porto is a formidable opponent for any club in Europe it's not at all shamefull to loose to them![/quote']

Ahaha, glad you liked that one.

I agree that the LFV presidency and mainly with JJ at the helm benfica improve a lot, but that isn't saying much, come on, we are talking about the dark ages of Benfica featuring Vale e Azevedo (the guy who let João Pinto go amongst other brilliant things) and Vilarinho (the guy who sacked Mourinho for Toni, ahahah, that make him almost as bad as Vale e Azevedo).

Porto is a great opponent, yes, but come on, benfica isn't doing a very good job if can only win the championship once every 6 years, that's not rivalry, its supremacy. And we can blame the referee's all we want, but if a team is good and play well isn't a referee that is going to have a say in the whole championship. And that goes to both sides, that are always whining about the referee's influence.

JJ's isn't that good of a manager, with the experience he's got and with that arrogance he should know better. Sure he's decent, better than Quique for example, but with the disaster that was 2010/2011 and 2011/2012 season, i thought he would learn from his mistakes, but he didn't, what makes you think that it will be different this time around? If the third time wasn't the charm, i seriously think that isn't the forth that will be.