PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread

Re: PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread

I see Bruma as a good player and certainly above average, but not as a new Ronaldo, a Nani that maybe possible he has it in him, but it's just the same as so many young talents who belong to the better,and sure now, compare whit about 15 years ago the wages are not that high in those day's.Now they think what can I earn and what will be offered is usually not enough ... 18-19 .. a spanking on their bottoms would be better for some.

They should have more respect for their club, and at the right point to make the switch, eg in Belgium Lukaku is too early to chelsea for 20M.and wages of 2.5 M EURO! 18 years, we have to work or whole life to get that money and just 98% will never earn that money !That boy was depressed, wanted to return to Anderlecht.

Courtois and The bruyne were smarter in there contrat was a note included x-time 1st team playing time, if not whit the home team, with every other 1st class club, from the middle ... look where they ended up and there where 1 to 2 years older than Lukaku when they processed the transition, which I think is still a little too early ...21/22 years is more than enough time to do a transition to a top team.

The club, the fans enjoyed their " talents " 4/5 season, untill they went 21/22 years...and not after 1 season, that have cost the club millions... and they know than they can not forever keep these guys,but after 4/5 season...we all are happy, and they have learn a lot, play a lot more than in any other club, if the leave on 18 /19 years old.

But those yough Guy's who do make the switch are seduced for only the big money .... and many end up on the couch .. and even more a lot of the younger players the fail finally also ... but they do not understand, and certainly not their business managers ... a good manager is really gold and keep his yough lad at the club, untill it is time to go, but also a lot of those managers earn gold , there big money on the cover of those younger, to the detriment of their performance, talent and youth they've never had .... you must have character als a yough talent to keep going

Finally good news than for Porto, JUAN Quintero only for 50% .....it has still take a long time, from when the first message came in, I had posted it ... until now.! TJA only 50%...that's because I've given the other 50%....I already feared for my reputation here on the forum...:D

ABo3E-0hsPA

KTSvpGHHVGc

In fact, two top players leave FC Porto, and still year in year out continue whitout stopping find Porto always cheaper and very good talent, hats off. !

Juan Fernando Quintero relocated from the Italian Pescara to FC Porto. The transfer is about five million. The contract includes a surrender clause.

The Colombian signed Saturday for four seasons with the Portuguese main force. Reports that Porto on the digital home. In his contract is now a surrender clause of no less than forty million recorded. Porto now owns half of the property. Quintero also enjoyed interest from Internazionale , AC Milan and United

"Porto is a club where I have always wanted to go," ..ME TOOOO.:rolleyes:...says the acquisition pleased. "This is an important step in my career. I will do my best every day," said Quintero, I hope you do !!:D! ...who recently caused a furore at the world championships under 20 years in Turkey.

One target more to go.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

After the checking the amount of comments in the main thread (despite my efforts to avoid having them there) and PM's both through the forum and in-game, I decided to create this thread so that you ca

Otavio only deserves a +1 I think. Braga have been dropping like a stone recently which may (and probably should) affect their review.  Rahul's predictions for the big 3 are fair, so for the othe

Re: PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread It has been a great journey since 2011, great people and great fun! And well, This is my forum post number 1000! I could

What's really annoying with the Bruma soap opera is that never before did Sporting went through such a period where they rely almost exclusively on their youth ranks for the first team.. If he was to stay, he would FOR SURE be absolute starter even he had some lousy games.. Perfect scenario for the development a future star, with the WC at the end of the season to test him decisively.

Now, he just added mountains of uncertainety to his immediate future in a crucial time of his career. He can still very well reach the stardom but this was relly unnecessary and undesirable

What if Bruma leaves? He would leave at the same age as Ronaldo did. Look how it turned out.

So as Quaresma mate. And look where he is now! I am not saying Bruma can or can´t reach Ronaldo level, but he surely got the talent, but thats not enough. Ronaldo worked like animal to reach where he is now. He is humble, determined and appreciated what Sporting CP did to him. Bruma is just confusing at the moment... He is being brainwashed by agents and aren´t looking at things clearly, despite all things, i know that deep inside Bruma, he wants to stay. There is just a big drama around him that only time will tell. If Bruma wants to leave, i don´t bruma wearing sporting´s colors. Figo did the same and Moutinho at least have the decency to say goodbye first. Sporting´s Academy is good in forming players, but not men.

What's really annoying with the Bruma soap opera is that never before did Sporting went through such a period where they rely almost exclusively on their youth ranks for the first team.. If he was to stay' date=' he would FOR SURE be absolute starter even he had some lousy games.. Perfect scenario for the development a future star, with the WC at the end of the season to test him decisively.

Now, he just added mountains of uncertainety to his immediate future in a crucial time of his career. He can still very well reach the stardom but this was relly unnecessary and undesirable[/quote']

Yes, due to financial and director problems, Sporting CP is literally forced to play with their youth, but with a couple of veterans it is still a nice team. I never saw such a good generation in years, last one has players like Moutinho, Veloso, Ronaldo, Djaló (well he was very good back there, but drafted away), Varela. Portugal National Team has in his majority players formed in Sporting CP. I don´t want to win the title this year already, but i just want those kids to develop not only as players, but men as well. Who knows? Sporting might be the portuguese dortmund:p I guess only time will tell.

So as Quaresma mate. And look where he is now! I am not saying Bruma can or can´t reach Ronaldo level' date=' but he surely got the talent, but thats not enough. Ronaldo worked like animal to reach where he is now. He is humble, determined and appreciated what Sporting CP did to him. Bruma is just confusing at the moment... He is being brainwashed by agents and aren´t looking at things clearly, despite all things, i know that deep inside Bruma, he wants to stay. There is just a big drama around him that only time will tell. If Bruma wants to leave, i don´t bruma wearing sporting´s colors. Figo did the same and Moutinho at least have the decency to say goodbye first. Sporting´s Academy is good in forming players, but not men.[/quote']

?? Quaresma is 29. And he is maybe the worst professional player in the all world.

What I can't understand is that the opinion about Bruma, the player, changes if he sign a paper or not.

Sporting did not do the right thing either, so I don't blame Bruma.

The problem with football is that people get emotionally attached to things. Love for the club and all that, lovely but every one of us would leave our jobs if we had a better option, getting 50 times the salary.

?? Quaresma is 29. And he is maybe the worst professional player in the all world.

What I can't understand is that the opinion about Bruma' date=' the player, changes if he sign a paper or not.

Sporting did not do the right thing either, so I don't blame Bruma.

The problem with football is that people get emotionally attached to things. Love for the club and all that, lovely but every one of us would leave our jobs if we had a better option, getting 50 times he salary.[/quote']

Quaresma left almost the same age than Ronaldo and he is an some club in middle east. Ronaldo is at Real Madrid. What i am trying to say is talent is not enough, you must be professional and hard worker just like Ronaldo is completely the opposite of Quaresma. Yes Sporting should had renew Bruma´s contract before he would play in the main team, but they didn´t but thats not an excuse for Bruma. He wants 1 million euros per year:eek: Sporting is oferring him 650,000 is that enough:confused:

Quaresma left almost the same age than Ronaldo and he is an some club in middle east. Ronaldo is at Real Madrid. What i am trying to say is talent is not enough' date=' you must be professional and hard worker just like Ronaldo is completely the opposite of Quaresma. Yes Sporting should had renew Bruma´s contract before he would play in the main team, but they didn´t but thats not an excuse for Bruma. He wants 1 million euros per year:eek: Sporting is oferring him 650,000 is that enough:confused:[/quote']

LAYBAD EARN 2.2 MILLION A YEAR...PSV won't him back ,but he don't won't cut down in his wages !!!...is that normal ? NO..and think Bruma is still beter than Laybad....so 1 million is not that big compare whit Laybad ...Chelsea offer 4 Million buy out and a wages from 2 Million/year !!!...that makes you crazy...Yet if all it is true what is written is, of Laybad that is correct, otherwise he was back this year with PSV, but they can not and will not pay these wages ..., The spanish top talent Boyan, earned just 1.5 million / season newly-employed at PSV, a season long loan.

LAYBAD EARN 2.2 MILLION A YEAR...PSV won't him back ' date='but he don't won't cut down in his wages !!!...is that normal ? NO..and think Bruma is still beter than Laybad....so 1 million is not that big compare whit Laybad ...Chelsea offer 4 Million buy out and a wages from 2 Million/year !!!...that makes you crazy...Yet if all it is true what is written is, of Laybad that is correct, otherwise he was back this year with PSV, but they can not and will not pay these wages ..., The spanish top talent Boyan, earned just 1.5 million / season newly-employed at PSV, a season long loan.[/quote']

Labyad contract was a just another mistake by former President, Godinho! Sporting CP has a wages limit. Thats 1 million! Miguel Lopes was loaned to Lyon, Schaars sold to PSV, Labyad won´t reduce his contract but he prove it worth. I just hope Labyad proves his values and helps Sporting CP. Bruma its aware of things in Sporting CP. Labyad was mistake and we need to move on. Bruma hasn´t still renew the contract. What happens if Bruma gets 1 million? Some other players will feel somehow betrayed...

Labyad contract was a just another mistake by former President' date=' Godinho! Sporting CP has a wages limit. Thats 1 million! Miguel Lopes was loaned to Lyon, Schaars sold to PSV, Labyad won´t reduce his contract but he prove it worth. I just hope Labyad proves his values and helps Sporting CP. Bruma its aware of things in Sporting CP. Labyad was mistake and we need to move on. Bruma hasn´t still renew the contract. What happens if Bruma gets 1 million? Some other players will feel somehow betrayed...[/quote']

yup...that is pitty..I know, but you don't need 100+ players , to bring the books back in balance keep the best , sell the others,loan out etc ,don't know what the earn or what the must spend..., but sell is the only option....and start whit a new begin...but those lad's are to yough to understand it....here the will cut down in wages, even whit Beerschot the players have played 4 months without pay! .... However, the club still went bankrupt...fans had raised funds,Belgium is a small country, and whit 7-10000 supporters you should not think big with us so if you have debt ... and you can not repay you go bankrupt, no Belgian club may have debts , you get a period, to get back in the + ,then no more is it over ...no lincensie anymore to play soccer, if anything can be paid you can start back again but in .....3rd class!...if not after 90day's the club is bankrup, what have happend whit Beerschot , even whit the effort of there players...pitty.

It will take a year or 2 for Sporting , but the will be back...

So more news from Benficia , do not know if it is already post...the have spend big, and the won't the title this year....maybe the will get the title to...Porto have to work out, Sporting...sorry for the fans, a place 4 or 5 I think this year,it would not by a surprise me if there even get a 8 place ! ..you need a solid group, and those affairs, the exodus of players ,etc ..that works on any player's his morale. ... really not good.

Bruno Cortez makes the transition from Sao Paulo to Benfica. The defender is yet another summer acquisition of the Portuguese club.

Benfica seems keen to address next season in the Portuguese league the title. Include Miralem Sulejmani (Ajax) and Filip Djuricic (Heerenveen) are attracted to impress. Orange International Ola John was last season brought to Portugal.

Cortez is a year on loan. The 26-year-old is pleased with his transition. "Through Benfica I hope to return to the Brazilian national team back," said the one-time international press conference. "With the help of my teammates should do the trick."

Benfica plays in a possible departure of Ezequiel Garay. The Portuguese club takes Lisandro Lopez (23) over Arsenal de Sarandi.

Benfica is the official website announced the news. Lopez is an unknown amount of the Argentine club draw in Lisbon and a contract for five seasons. Reportedly, the surrender of this contract about 35 million.

To convince Lopez enlisted the services of Benfica midfielder Pablo Aimar. The playmaker spoke with his compatriot and took Lopez about to come out. Benfica "He told me that Lisbon is a beautiful city and I would have at the club well for my taste," said the 23-year-old defender in the digital home of the club.

With the advent of Benfica Lopez shows that the club is still very active on the transfer market. At an earlier stage came Stefan Mitrovic, Lazar Markovic, Miralem Sulejmani, Filip Djuricic and Uros Matic been to the Estadio da Luz.

Lopez is seen as a possible replacement for his compatriot Ezequiel Garay. The defender is in the interest of Manchester United.

Quaresma left almost the same age than Ronaldo and he is an some club in middle east. Ronaldo is at Real Madrid. What i am trying to say is talent is not enough' date=' you must be professional and hard worker just like Ronaldo is completely the opposite of Quaresma. Yes Sporting should had renew Bruma´s contract before he would play in the main team, but they didn´t but thats not an excuse for Bruma. He wants 1 million euros per year:eek: Sporting is oferring him 650,000 is that enough:confused:[/quote']

I love how people talk about that 1M he is asking, I may be wrong, but where did he say he wanted 1M?

He is getting 2000€ a month, sooo, Sporting was sleeping.

Why Benfica has Gaitan' date=' Ola John, Salvio, Suljemani, Rodrigo, Markovic, Djuricic for wingers and second strikers? Gaitan and Rodrigo shall leave on loan i guess[/quote']

Think have read somewhere a few day's back that Gaitan will leave the club.

English clubs have far-ranging interest in Gaitian, Matic, Garay and Nelson

I love how people talk about that 1M he is asking' date=' I may be wrong, but where did he say he wanted 1M?

He is getting 2000€ a month, sooo, Sporting was sleeping.[/quote']

I'm wondering where all that love for Bruma comes from.

SCP was sleeping, yes, but if he didn't want to renew the contract he should've said so, and not go around misleading SCP.

SCP was sleeping' date=' yes, but if he didn't want to renew the contract he should've said so, and not go around misleading SCP.[/quote']

It is not love, I only regret that so many younger good talent make the wrong choice, and leave there club, that have helped him where they stand now today, how small the contribution is also .... you do not just throw it away on 1,2,3 ... but yes at this time money ruins everything, where earlier the players play soccer for fun and money was not that important...where are those day's !...money is now more important at all and yes € 2000 if that is correct is not a lot .... then there is something wrong whit the board.

I think not only Bruma play a key role, and there is much more that we do not know and will never know .... once the big money is offered until then ... we are not who we were before ! that count for everyone. .. and definitely family-managers sit there for more than 50% between.

Why Benfica has Gaitan' date=' Ola John, Salvio, Suljemani, Rodrigo, Markovic, Djuricic for wingers and second strikers? Gaitan and Rodrigo shall leave on loan i guess[/quote']

LOL, yes Benfica will loan 2 of the most valuable players just for fun. 7 players for 4/5 positions (depending on tactics) isn't much. And lets not forget that amongst the players you mentioned are not only SS and Wingers but AM's too.

Benfica is a team that plays in 4 competitions for season, and if they want to be competitive in all of them, they must have depth, and that's why all those attacking players are needed. It's just a pity that they don't have that quality/quantity of players in the back line.

SCP was sleeping' date=' yes, but if he didn't want to renew the contract he should've said so, and not go around misleading SCP.[/quote']

The love comes from him being the portuguese player with the biggest amount of potential and talent combine, right now

Nice Iturbe kick yesterday' date=' you think this season will be it ? ;)[/quote']

No, because that's the only thing he did today :P

Maybe a bit too arch on him but he needs to do more, there will be a ton of wingers at Porto and if he wants to stay he will have to do better than players like Ricardo and Kelvin, at least.

Four days ago the great Fc Porto was in Belgium, worked a friendly game against a team from Maastricht off ....in the lille village close whit Spouwen-Mopertingen in the Province Limburg ,again have no luck yet I just returned home next Monday, now they were once in Belgium .... almost in my backyard...Now I should not even have to travel thousands of kilometers to see my favorite team...pitty,pitty,pitty...:o..The won big !

Was broadcast live directly in Portugal, with us some newspaper articles ...:rolleyes:... lol

Text and commentary in Dutch! try google translator!

http://www.hln.be/hln/nl/3806/Sport/video/detail/1666997/FC-Porto-oefent-in-Limburg.dhtml

http://www.spouwen-mopertingen.be/index.html

http://www.nr10.be/buitenland/item/defour-en-co-zetten-mvv-belgen-te-kijk-in-spouwen-video this video in portuguese

Defour is a lot improved compare from his time at Standard, beautiful pass

Iturbe his goal again Marseille ...Iturbe wait and see .... but is a top talent patience is always by rewarded !

tuPZlWnq_eU#at=30

The love comes from him being the portuguese player with the biggest amount of potential and talent combine' date=' right now[/quote']

That means he gets a free pass in everything he does? I might be wrong, and my opinion might be clouded by what he did, and i don't like him, but people are hyping him a lot and making him better than he actually is.

That means he gets a free pass in everything he does? I might be wrong' date=' and my opinion might be clouded by what he did, and i don't like him, but people are hyping him a lot and making him better than he actually is.[/quote']

No, you are making him worst than he is because of what he did.

Like I said earlier, being a professional in football is different, not for the people that make a living out of it, but for the public that mix the emotion they feel with a profession.

I can give you my example, I am a Porto fan, and you may know it but I work for Benfica, and I don't have any problem with that. I work as hard as anybody but I get hate like no other

No' date=' you are making him worst than he is because of what he did.

Like I said earlier, being a professional in football is different, not for the people that make a living out of it, but for the public that mix the emotion they feel with a profession.

I can give you my example, I am a Porto fan, and you may know it but I work for Benfica, and I don't have any problem with that. I work as hard as anybody but I get hate like no other[/quote']

I don't have any emotion involved, i'm not a sporting fan i couldn't care less if he stayed or went away. Yes he's a young talented player, but what there is more in this world, is young talented players. But from being a young talented player to be a real player there is a long way. And you making him the best thing since the Wheel, when clearly he's not. I've seen many players with lots of talent not living up to their potential, it happens all the time.

I'm all about defending what's ours, and i think we have many young talented players in Portugal that aren't given enough credit to be here hailing one specific player.