PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

After the checking the amount of comments in the main thread (despite my efforts to avoid having them there) and PM's both through the forum and in-game, I decided to create this thread so that you ca

Otavio only deserves a +1 I think. Braga have been dropping like a stone recently which may (and probably should) affect their review.  Rahul's predictions for the big 3 are fair, so for the othe

Re: PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread It has been a great journey since 2011, great people and great fun! And well, This is my forum post number 1000! I could

Re: PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread

Poor management by Sporting! Loan Miguel Lopes' date=' fine! But selling Arias? What for? We now only have Cedric, with Esgaio as an alternative[/quote']

I agree, I like Arias and he wasn't getting lots of money. (50k per month). Now they say Salino or Welder (?) could go to Sporting.

I agree' date=' I like Arias and he wasn't getting lots of money. (50k per month). Now they say [b']Salino[/b] or Welder (?) could go to Sporting.

Hmm don't think so, despite Leonardo Jardim being SCP coach his destiny I think will be Greece, Turkey or Brazil.

Maybe the Arias thing was a demand from PSV to take Schaars and his high wage they wanted Arias also...

Porto are ready to listen to offers for Premier League target Christian Atsu with the player refusing to sign a new deal.

Atsu has been locked in a contract wrangle with Porto all summer, with the club keen to tie down the Ghana international to a new deal and increase his buy-out clause.

However, the 21-year-old has refused all offers from the club as he seeks to win a move away from Porto.

Atsu was left out of Porto's pre-season tour of Holland and the club have now decided to sell the skilful winger.

Liverpool have been strongly linked with a move for Atsu, but Sky Sports understands Tottenham and Everton are now actively monitoring the player's situation at Estadio do Dragao.

Porto have decided to cash in on Atsu this summer rather than lose him on a free transfer in a year's time and the news has alerted the African's suitors.

"Porto have indicated they would be willing to sell Christian now as he will not sign a new deal," a source close to the player told Sky Sports.

"Christian has always said he would like to play in the Premier League and a number of clubs are interested in him."

Rolando Jorge Pires da Fonseca or Rolando short FC PORTO may play next season in the Premier League.

Porto asks about 5 MILLION, for its central defender.

The central defender of Portuguese origin is currently under contract with FC Porto and has played in the spotlight at Newcastle United and Everton. At least, that Daily Express reported Sunday.

Joe Kinnear, sporting director of Newcastle United,..is planning to make the arrival of Rolando work,but Other options are also considered like Cheikhou Kouyaté from Anderlecht,his asking price is only slightly higher.

Roberto Martínez would also be charmed by the Portuguese international, who played eighteen caps for the national pride. Who would pick him up. Turn to his new club Everton In the winter wild Queens Park Rangers coach Harry Redknapp take him to England, but that plan failed.

Rolando came over Belenenses in 2008 at FC Porto right. He had a strong period in the Portuguese top club, but lost Later his place.

Porto is willing to let him go. A good Stopper for an acceptable price.

In total Rolando played so far 110 games in which he scored seven times. Last season was the defender on loan actively SSC Napoli, but he did not go beyond seven games.

Some news from old players Hulk from Porto and Witsel from Benficia.

True or not ,do not know...will see.

Hulk to Monaco for about 60M...Witsel to Real Madrid for about 45 to 50M...Both clubs have already reached an agreement with the player,not yet whit there club.

Witsel,

The Belgian old player from Standard Liege and Benficia has a agreement with Real Madrid not yet whit his club, but Psg increases pressure on Witsel to still get the Belgian talent to Paris their hunger for more is still not stopped after previously Cavanni, Marquinhos and Lucas Digne, the club has more than 115M already spend, that amount can still be exaggerated whit 45-50M more to recover Witsel.

Standard has really made ​​a blunder here to let Witsel leave so cheap to Benfica, a season later Benficia made ​​350% profit on Witsel, exchange or trade agents go crazy with such profits precentage.. write all the Belgian Newspapers since yesterday and the day before, confirm it by Witsel himself, but every newspaper in Belgium now have that Article dilated way ..? weird, will see what is true ...

Hulk,

The Brazilian Hulk would agree with a transition from Zenit St. Petersburg promoted to AS Monaco. Or so says Radio Monaco Sport on the website. even als Metro and some local news papers .

Player and club would have already been agreed, but between the clubs is still no agreement on the transfer fee.

Reportedly, the Brazilian international to cost 60 million. Teodoro Fonseca, agent of Hulk, would deny nor confirm the transfer. "It is up to the club to communicate this type of information," said Fonseca

Others news from Bruma,Sporting Cp.

Chelsea Target Not Interested In Leaving Sporting Lisbon

Young winger keen to stay in Portugal.

Chelsea, has recently increased its offer to 17 M.en is still valid.

Sporting Lisbon sensation Armindo Tué Na Bangna, more commonly known as Bruma, is not interested in leaving the club for Chelsea this summer, according to Sky Sports.

The Blues have been monitoring the 18-year-old Portuguese star, who has burst onto the scene this season with some appearances in Sporting’s first team.

Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho has stressed that the club will look to invest in youth due to the new Financial Fair Play regulations brought in by UEFA, and Bruma is said to be one of his prime targets this summer.

Manchester City, Manchester United and Tottenham have all been linked with him as well, but the player himself has played down talk of a move, saying he is happy and at the club that he loves.

“Sporting Lisboa is the club that I love and I would like to discuss a new deal with the president,” he is quoted as saying.

He added that he has parted company with his agent, who he hinted may have been talking up interest from clubs such as Chelsea to engineer a lucrative move.

“I have split from my agent [Zahavi],” he said. “This is because I was not happy with negotiations over my future.

“Personally, I am happy at Sporting.”

Benfica hiring Farina and apparently Pizzi now. Seems like Salvio will follow Cardozo (12 M to Fenerbahce) out but to Man. City (always a good buyer). Good pieces of business by Benfica if they do carry on.

One other conclusion is that Sporting fans shouldn't get too annoyed with loosing players to their neighbours Benfica, it's just not worth it getting in those wars; better leave them to Porto and Benfica ;)

FC Barcelona target after the failed acquisition of Thiago Silva all arrows on his compatriot David Luiz old player from Benficia.

Writes that the Catalan media Sport.es. The Chelsea defender would become by far the top of the list of coach Tito Vilanova shine.

The reigning Spanish champions in recent weeks tried in vain to loosen Thiago Silva at Paris Saint-Germain. The French, however, refused to cooperate in a departure from the defender, after which Silva did prove itself to respect his contract. Paris

Because Barcelona still wants to expand with a central defender, the team plans to sign up for Luiz. Itself over time in London The Brazilian made ​​in the winter of 2011 the move to Chelsea and has since evolved into an important mainstay.

It is therefore questionable whether Chelsea is willing one of his key players to get rid of. Luiz still has a long-term contract (2017) in London and The Blues paid in 2011 about 25 million to Benfica. Thus, the club a hefty charge for the defender.

Monaco have agreed a season-long loan deal for Rio Ave defender Fabinho.

The 19-year-old Brazilian spent last season with Real Madrid and has already joined up with the Ligue 1 newcomers on their pre-season training camp in Seefeld.

A statement on the club's official website read: "AS Monaco FC is pleased to announce the arrival in the professional team of Fabio Henrique Tavares, also known as Fabinho, a Brazilian right-back of 19 years who has had spells with Fluminense and Real Madrid.

"Fabinho is loaned for one season by the Portuguese club Rio Ave."

Fabinho was a youth player with Fluminense in his homeland before joining Rio Ave in 2011.

He spent the last campaign on loan at the Bernabeu, making 30 appearances for Real's 'B' team and a single appearance with the senior squad.

Fabinho becomes the latest new face to join the big-spending principality club, along with the likes of Radamel Falcao, Joao Moutinho and James Rodriguez.

Riferimento: Re: PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread

Nothing special' date=' scored only 4x time in 2259 minutes and in 51 games since the season 2009/10 to the present.

There are better players to be found,not enough for an attacker.though he was play out als a AM-CF in his old club.[/quote']

so what is the reason why Benfica bought him?

Re: Riferimento: Re: PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Th

They seem to have bought Pizzi also.. And now the Cardozo Fenerbache thing seems to be no more... Very weird plan the one from Benfica if you ask me

It is? Why? Jesus himself can play with 10 attackers and a Goalkeeper! :D

Like only a Godlike coach can do.

I've taken over a Benfica side and was wondering if any of you could give me some info on these players:

David Simao' date=' Julio Cesar, Rodrigo Mora and Hugo Vieira

Are they any use? Or just worth offloading.[/quote']

Sell them all, David Simão has some talent but not worth keeping, there are much better choices.

Could you please tell me which of these players might get alot of minutes?

Steven Vitoria

Hector Herrera

Ola John

Lazar Markovic

Pereira Ricardo

Tozé

Ricardo Alves

Bruno Varela

Alves Betinho

Could you please tell me which of these players might get alot of minutes?

Steven Vitoria

Hector Herrera

Ola John

Lazar Markovic

Pereira Ricardo

Tozé

Ricardo Alves

Bruno Varela

Alves Betinho

Herrera, Markovik, Ola John (if Salvio or Gaitan leave) and Betinho more uncertainly.

Steve Vitoria if he proves to be better than Jardel and the other Serbjan they bought for CB and if Garay leaves.

Herrera' date=' Markovik, Ola John (if Salvio or Gaitan leave) and Betinho more uncertainly.

Steve Vitoria if he proves to be better than Jardel and the other Serbjan they bought for CB and if Garay leaves.[/quote']

Will Matic leaves Benfica this summer, are there any rumors?

Will Matic leaves Benfica this summer' date=' are there any rumors?[/quote']

There were rumors, to Chelsea, PSG and Monaco mostly, but i think they were just that, rumors. Although if Verratti somehow goes to Napoli, there is a small chance they will charge on matic. But its just speculation, IMO he will stay at benfica.

Someone know a little more about ;

miguel-rodrigues.jpg?w=140&h=177Full name: Miguel Fernando Pereira Rodrigues

Date of birth: 16.03.1993

Place of birth: Fàtima

Nationality: 20px-Flag_of_Portugal.svg.png Portugal

Height: 189 cm

Position: Defender – Centre back

Current team: Nacional de Madeira

Strengths: Intercepting, Heading, Passing, Elegance

National teams: Portugal U-20

Club career: 2011/12 União Leiria, 2012/present Nacional de Madeira

Honours: -

Contract until: 30.06.2017

Agent: Eurofoot

Market value: € 1.500.000

Transfer rumours: Borussia Dortmund

Rui Patricio on his way to Monaco ?

some news about Porto ...hope it will be true !

Arsenal set to miss out on £21m Bernard

Bernard's agent claims there is a strong possibility that the player will move to Porto

Published 5 hours ago by Alex Martin, read by 4,517 people

top.jpg

Arsenal are facing up to the prospect of missing out on another transfer target after a move for Brazilian playmaker Bernard was all but ruled out by the player's agent Adriano Spodato.

The Gunners were thought to be close to sealing a deal for the young star after reports emerged that a £21m deal had been agreed with his club Atletico Mineiro.

Those initial reports were found to be false but interest from Arsenal was still strong.

However, a move to north London now looks unlikely for the 20-year-old after Spodato revealed there was a strong chance he would move to Portugal.

"I can confirm that the possibility [of joining Porto] is strong, but there is Shakhtar Donetsk too," he told Mais Futebol.

"It should be between those. On Monday or Tuesday there should be something more concrete.

"If it was up to me, Bernard would be a Porto player. I told him that this is the best way.

"It is preferable to enter a medium, but good, European club, rather than risk a top club and have no space to play. Indeed, Bernard is very interested in going to Porto."

The revelation will come as frustrating news to Arsenal, who have already failed in their attempts to sign Gonzalo Higuain and are stumbling over a deal for Luis Suarez.

They were dealt a further blow after the player's father revealed that Porto legend Hulk has told Bernard that Portugal would be the best place for him to develop.

"He wants to continue his career at a club like Porto," Duarte told the media.

"He dreams of that. Bernard is Hulk's friend, they became very close in the national squad and they talked about this.

"Hulk spoke highly of the club and [bernard] was convinced it would be a safe bet for this stage of his career."

Porto know only the won't to spend about 50M. in new players...we don't have reach that number....not yet!

RUI PATRICIO on his way to Monaco ?

Monaco is pusching to complet the deal this week...second bid is place but a lot higher than the frist bid from 10M.,some speak about 15 to 20M.€...another lost for sporting cp ?...

true or not,do not know,in both stories....know only Monaca have need to a good gk...and the have the money..so wait and see...?