PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread

Re: PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread

Jackson cant compare to Ibra because of Ibras 'time' and many successes to acheive his rating.

AS for Suarez' date=' well he is not as good, and he is in a lower league (UEFA not me). [b']BUT[/b] i agree the gap is too large, If Hulk got 91 i think Martinez at least gets this too for now.

The truth is Jackson's form has been stagnant at best, of lately. Porto are in mediocre form (for their standards) and he is suffering with that, despite the fact that the goals keep coming. My opinion: all thing remaining equal until July (Porto finishing 2nd/3rd and Manager getting the sack), Porto will try to cash in on him after the WC hoping he gets some additional exposure in Braziç. Next season: new manager, new forward.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

After the checking the amount of comments in the main thread (despite my efforts to avoid having them there) and PM's both through the forum and in-game, I decided to create this thread so that you ca

Otavio only deserves a +1 I think. Braga have been dropping like a stone recently which may (and probably should) affect their review.  Rahul's predictions for the big 3 are fair, so for the othe

Re: PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread It has been a great journey since 2011, great people and great fun! And well, This is my forum post number 1000! I could

Rafa Silva potential ?

He's amazing, even though Braga's past coach never played him in his natural position (AMC). While he's being used as winger, he still shines.

The kid is fast, has great dribbling skills, impressive shooting and technique.

He's one of those players, who runs with the ball "glued" to his feet.

I'm a Braga fan and this is one of the most talented players, that I've ever seen at my club.

Braga shouldn't be able to hold Rafa for much longer and, if his career isn't very affected by injuries, he can at least reach 90, in the future imo. ;)

Is Pinheiro Toze worth buying now he's had his rise? There isn't much decent youth available in my gw and noticed he still is!

He isn't bad, but he isn't that talented imo.

He should have a decent career, but I don't see him in a top European club, in the future.

I believe there are better youngsters out there.

He isn't bad' date=' but he isn't that talented imo.

He should have a decent career, but I don't see him in a top European club, in the future.

I believe there are better youngsters out there.[/quote']

Ok. Thanks for the info. I'll leave him alone then!

• 2 weeks later...

what is the chance for Danilo Luiz rise?

Right now, not a very good one imo.

Porto are underperforming this season and their defence is also to blame for that.

From my point of view, Danilo is their best defender, technique wise, but he has made some serious defensive mistakes, this season.

Unless Porto finish the season strong, Danilo should keep his current rating.

What sort of potential does Luis Martins have guys?

I think he's the best young Portuguese LB.

He won't rise considerably at Gil Vicente, but he has enough quality to play for a better club.

If he does move to a bigger team, I believe he can reach a 90 rating, one day.

I think he's the best young Portuguese LB.

He won't rise considerably at Gil Vicente' date=' but he has enough quality to play for a better club.

If he does move to a bigger team, I believe he can reach a 90 rating, one day.[/quote']

Man City recently signed some sort of affiliation with Gil Vicente, not sure if that was just for first refusal on the Brazilian talents or if was for first refusal on all players.

Man City recently signed some sort of affiliation with Gil Vicente' date=' not sure if that was just for first refusal on the Brazilian talents or if was for first refusal on all players.[/quote']

Thanks for that info, mate.

I didn't know that tbh.

Will Jackson Martínez rise? Before I would have said definitely' date=' but this hasn't been the best season for him. How do you think SM see him?[/quote']

Jackson Martínez will keep its rating until the end of the season.

In summer, it is expected a move to a bigger club.

He has been linked to several top clubs.

Does Fabiano have a chance at taking the #1 spot for Porto long term? Picked him up because of Heilton's injury and he had a decent game against Napoli last night. Assuming he plays well for the remainder of the season can he displace Heilton going into next?

Thanks.

Does Fabiano have a chance at taking the #1 spot for Porto long term? Picked him up because of Heilton's injury and he had a decent game against Napoli last night. Assuming he plays well for the remainder of the season can he displace Heilton going into next?

Thanks.

Hard to say...

Helton was the best goalkeeper in Portugal in the last 7 years !

The question is how, at the age of 35, will overcome this severe injury (total rupture of the achilles tendon).

He extended his contract until 2015, in January.

Fabiano had a monstrous performance in Naples and had already given good indications in the game against Sporting for League Cup in December.

The only certainty is that Fabiano will be the keeper until the end of the season and most likely at the beginning of the next if he continues to make good performances.

Hard to say...

Helton was the best goalkeeper in Portugal in the last 7 years !

The question is how' date=' at the age of 35, will overcome this severe injury (total rupture of the achilles tendon).

He extended his contract until 2015, in January.

Fabiano had a monstrous performance in Naples and had already given good indications in the game against Sporting for League Cup in December.

The only certainty is that Fabiano will be the keeper until the end of the season and most likely at the beginning of the next if he continues to make good performances.[/quote']

Thanks for the response icon_thumbsup.gif

What's with F.MOTERO all those goals then a major drought and not even starting?

Fredy Montero started the season very well' date=' with 12 goals in 8 games.

But he was gradually losing his place to Islam Slimani, who is now the first choice.

Anyone know what'll happen to Sandro and Danilo?

They will keep their rating.