PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread

Re: PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread

Will these players get a rise/stay/drop?

Rodrigo Lima +1

Maxi Pereira stay

Markovic +1/stay

Siqueira +1/stay

Oblak +2

Cardozo -1

Djuricic stay

Danilo stay

Fernando stay

Mangala +1/stay

Otamendi stay

Defour stay

Answers in bold mate.

Rafa Silva +2 :) Future 90+?

I think he has potential to be a 90 rated player in future yes. It's now confirmed that he will be part of Portugal's squad for WC!

Garay finally gets that overdue 91 rating :D

Yeah' date=' fully deserved, top CB and one of the main reasons for Benfica's great season. He will probably join Zenit :confused:

they begin to evaluate portugal league,

garay got rose today to 91,

tommorow should be :

jackson martinez to 91,

juan quintero to 87

gaitan to 90

Jackson does not deserve to rise this time mate. Quintero and Gaitan will probably rise yes.

potential and also any close rating change for almeida of benfica?

He's mainly a backup player and his main asset is his versatility. He may sneak a +1 in a near future, but i can't see him as a 90 rated player at some point. Maybe he will peak at 89, but it's hard to tell. Anyway good news for him as he's part of Portugal's squad for WC! Mainly due to his versatility again.

Garay finally gets that overdue 91 rating :D

I seen that, it's long overdue!

I'm a little worried that Oblak won't get a rise since he has not done so and Garay got his +1...

I took a gamble and made him my no.1 keeper banking on a rise !!

Any chance of more Benfica players reviewed tomorrow?

I seen that' date=' it's long overdue!

I'm a little worried that Oblak won't get a rise since he has not done so and Garay got his +1...

I took a gamble and made him my no.1 keeper banking on a rise !!

Any chance of more Benfica players reviewed tomorrow?[/quote']

Hang on, mate!

He'll defo be a 88 rated keeper in the next review.:D

The longer they wait to give him a well-deserved rise, the greater the change in rating will be....:D:D:D

Hang on' date=' mate!

He'll defo be a 88 rated keeper in the next review.:D

The longer they wait to give him a well-deserved rise, the greater the change in rating will be....:D:D:D[/quote']

That thought had crossed my mind.... The longer the wait the higher the rise, but with next season coming up in a few weeks in the GW I could do with him being 88ish going into that!

Gotta climb out of D3 somehow!

That thought had crossed my mind.... The longer the wait the higher the rise' date=' but with next season coming up in a few weeks in the GW I could do with him being 88ish going into that!

Gotta climb out of D3 somehow![/quote']

I believe he may rise tomorrow or in the next days.

why jackson doesnt deserve to rise to 91? he had been a top scorer in league for over 2 years' date=' he performed well in porto, despite porto performed very bad this season, i think he deserves 91[/quote']

He was indeed top scorer in Portuguese League, but his performances were not that great, specially in the 2nd half of the season. He had some awful games, wasting a lot of easy chances... Porto's poor season also do not help him. He's already Porto's higher rated player. He will stay this time, no chance of 91 imo.

I believe he may rise tomorrow or in the next days.

He was indeed top scorer in Portuguese League' date=' but his performances were not that great, specially in the 2nd half of the season. He had some awful games, wasting a lot of easy chances... Porto's poor season also do not help him. He's already Porto's higher rated player. He will stay this time, no chance of 91 imo.[/quote']

well, thats a pity, i just bought him in the game :(:(:(

by the way, why SM evaluate portuguese league mess, from sporting to porto to benfica to sporting again, should they begin from below just like they evaluated bundesliga and ligue 1 recently?

Oblak got a rise to... 87. Fair enough he's young, but it seems pretty stingy for a keeper that starred in Benfica's tripple winning season (and almost quadruple winning). I thought he'd be a strong candidate for 88.

Still, by the looks of it there were a few other possible risers that might have missed out pending changes today.

Oblak got a rise to... 87. Fair enough he's young' date=' but it seems pretty stingy for a keeper that starred in Benfica's tripple winning season (and almost quadruple winning). I thought he'd be a strong candidate for 88.

Still, by the looks of it there were a few other possible risers that might have missed out pending changes today.[/quote']

Oblak obviously deserved an 88, but he's still a "must keep".

Oblak got a rise to... 87. Fair enough he's young' date=' but it seems pretty stingy for a keeper that starred in Benfica's tripple winning season (and almost quadruple winning). I thought he'd be a strong candidate for 88.

Still, by the looks of it there were a few other possible risers that might have missed out pending changes today.[/quote']

I came on to say exactly that, but sure there is not much point arguing SM lack of risers these days :(:(

Lets just hope that he is a player that receives rises often rather than big rises upon reviews....

Here's hoping....

He should have got 88 though :mad:

We all agree that is a shame that Oblak only rose +1... Anyway like Pedro said he's a must keep, he will keep rising and he will be 89 fast. He's not only getting minutes for Benfica... He's showing a lot of quality and potential for them and he was really really important to Benfica's great season. Top goalkeeper with a brilliant future ahead.

it means quintero doesnt rise to 87? :(:(

He may still rise, but it's not a guaranteed one. His lack of minutes may avoid him to rise, despite the fact that he played well and showed glimpses of his talent almost everytime he joined the field. Great talent, hopefully he will play more next season.

I hope SM gives Lima and Gaitan deserved rises, because it's about time... Great season from them once again. Nice and deserved drop for Carodozo to 89, now both Lima and Gaitan should rise to 90.

Few unfamiliar faces in the Portugal U20 Toulon squad.

Rafael Floro is starting LB - 1 league game for Sheffield Wednesday where he got hauled off at half time

Carlos Fortes - Racing Santander

Tobias Figueiredo & Alexsandre Guedes on loan at Reus

Claude Goncalves of Ajaccio started too.

Kiki, Fabio Carvalho & Fabio Sturgeon other squad members.

;2915101']Few unfamiliar faces in the Portugal U20 Toulon squad.

Rafael Floro is starting LB - 1 league game for Sheffield Wednesday where he got hauled off at half time

Carlos Fortes - Racing Santander

Tobias Figueiredo & Alexsandre Guedes on loan at Reus

Claude Goncalves of Ajaccio started too.

Kiki' date=' Fabio Carvalho & Fabio Sturgeon other squad members.[/quote']

Alexandre Guedes is supposed to be a great young striker. I saw him in a young NT competition (not sure which, probably European Cup U19) some time ago and he was doing pretty well.

Sturdgeon made some appearences for Belenenses this season and showed some potential the times i saw him. He looks a dangerous winger.

The others i don't know much about.

Alexandre Guedes is supposed to be a great young striker. I saw him in a young NT competition (not sure which' date=' probably European Cup U19) some time ago and he was doing pretty well.

[b']Sturdgeon [/b]made some appearences for Belenenses this season and showed some potential the times i saw him. He looks a dangerous winger.

The others i don't know much about.

Don't expect anything big from Alexandre Guedes.