PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread

Re: PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread

thanks buddy..

have Carlos Mane' date=' Medeiros, Rafa Silva, Danilo Barbosa and Esiti Anderson to keep track of now :P

Oblak moving to Atletico lessened my Portuguese contingent![/quote']

Medeiros should ask Sporting to be loaned out in the top league rather than being in the B team again - he isn't in the main team for a friendly tournament Sporting is playing at the moment(while several B team players are). Sporting has too many players ahead of him. Meaning, his progression looks like it will stall.

Danilo, I assume is the Brasilian recently arrived in Braga. He was highly rated and cost a lot of money, so I am curious to watch him play.

I would get Nunes and Guedes from Benfica. Rafa from Porto. I assume this last one isn't available.

Medeiros should ask Sporting to be loaned out in the top league rather than being in the B team again - he isn't in the main team for a friendly tournament Sporting is playing at the moment(while several B team players are). Sporting has too many players ahead of him. Meaning' date=' his progression looks like it will stall.

Danilo, I assume is the Brasilian recently arrived in Braga. He was highly rated and cost a lot of money, so I am curious to watch him play.

I would get Nunes and Guedes from Benfica. Rafa from Porto. I assume this last one isn't available.[/quote']

Rafa from Porto - Are you refering to Rafa Luis - D/DM/M(L) currently rated 78? How do you rate him for the future, do you think he will be involved in the main squad or porto are already covered in that position?

Also Danilo Barbosa, will he be a starte for Braga next season or no?

Thanks in advance, really appreciate it :)

Rafa from Porto - Are you refering to Rafa Luis - D/DM/M(L) currently rated 78? How do you rate him for the future' date=' do you think he will be involved in the main squad or porto are already covered in that position?

Also Danilo Barbosa, will he be a starte for Braga next season or no?

Thanks in advance, really appreciate it :)[/quote']

Rafa, left back. You can watch him at the U-19 European Championship going on right now. One of the best Porto prospects in years, excellent on the ball and going forward. Still work to be done defensively, gets caught out of position a bit much.

Unfortunately it just looks like Porto isn't quite ready to commit to him as a backup yet, but he is worth having and should be a regular for the B team. So he is likely to rise. Porto bought Indi and apparently a Spanish guy that can be backups to Alex Sandro. They also have Opare who can fill the position.

I was just looking at the Porto squad on SM. Gonçalo Paciência is a must have, he should be rated higher considering he played a lot last season. He is currently with the A team, but I doubt he plays much there. He will lead the line for the B team. André Silva(also worth having as a backup and also winger). Paciência has a lot of talent(very polished striker), lacks aggression and more intensity. Reminds you a bit of a Berbatov.

Porto doesn't give many chances to youngsters that come through their youth system. Tozé was great for two seasons in the II division and he never really was given a fair chance. He never even had a pre-season with the main team. A bit ridiculous, but it's how Porto has worked for a number of years, you'll see some mediocre players bought and played and you will see some good talent from the youth system not getting a chance.

Speaking of which, there is a 17 year old being given chances and causing sensation for Porto in this pre-season. He hasn't been added yet. I created a topic for him. Obviously a must have once he is added.

Rafa' date=' left back. You can watch him at the U-19 European Championship going on right now. One of the best Porto prospects in years, excellent on the ball and going forward. Still work to be done defensively, gets caught out of position a bit much.

Unfortunately it just looks like Porto isn't quite ready to commit to him as a backup yet, but he is worth having and should be a regular for the B team. So he is likely to rise. Porto bought Indi and apparently a Spanish guy that can be backups to Alex Sandro. They also have Opare who can fill the position.

I was just looking at the Porto squad on SM. Gonçalo Paciência is a must have, he should be rated higher considering he played a lot last season. He is currently with the A team, but I doubt he plays much there. He will lead the line for the B team. André Silva(also worth having as a backup and also winger). Paciência has a lot of talent(very polished striker), lacks aggression and more intensity. Reminds you a bit of a Berbatov.

Porto doesn't give many chances to youngsters that come through their youth system. Tozé was great for two seasons in the II division and he never really was given a fair chance. He never even had a pre-season with the main team. A bit ridiculous, but it's how Porto has worked for a number of years, you'll see some mediocre players bought and played and you will see some good talent from the youth system not getting a chance.

Speaking of which, there is a 17 year old being given chances and causing sensation for Porto in this pre-season. He hasn't been added yet. I created a topic for him. Obviously a must have once he is added.

Thanks man repped :)

I have kayembe for my Blackpool' date=' just wondered if he will get games at porto? Or maybe loaned to a smaller team. How good is he atm and in the future how good could he get?[/quote']

He will definitely not get any gametime at Porto, too much quality competition. He will play for Porto B this season i think and he will probably get plenty of minutes there. May get a small rise after. I have not seen enough of him to talk about his real future potential, he may still improve a lot, but from what i saw, i can't really see him as a regular starter for Porto, atleast not in the coming years. He's decent, but there's nothing extraordinary about him. Cheers.

William Jebor is one to watch this season.

Liberias biggest hope since George Weah, he signed for Rio Ave to partner Egyptian striker Koka.

I mentioned last it season, and still the Portuguese league fascinates me with the scouting that goes into untapped markets ie Egypt, CD Nacional & Gil Vicente recruited from the Egyptian league after the success of players like Ali Ghazal, Saleh Gomaa & Ahmed Hassan Koka in the Primeira, and also the dual nationality of alot of players in Portugal which must encourage many minor African National Team coaches..

Countries like Guinea Bissau & Angola have alot of talent at Portuguese clubs they could call upon one day.

Even Central African Republic, brothers Tony & Celestin Djim recently joined Porto's ranks.

Eagerly anticipating another season of Portuguese football!

Hi' date=' does anybody here know exactly how good William Carvalho is? I have never seen him play.

What is his maximum potential?

Will he rise to 91/90 soon?[/quote']

If he stays at Portuguese league max he will get is 90,

he needs to move aboard to show his complete potential which could be as high as the sky,

he is the next Portuguese great talent.

From what I've seen,

he is a great midfielder with many abilities

• 2 weeks later...

Like I use to do before every season, I will make a list about players that I think are worth to keep an eye on or to buy. I hope you like it and I will be free to respond to every question you might have. Do not forget, those are only personal opinions based on the rosters so far.

The Portuguese List:

Liga Zon Sagres

SL Benfica

- Lisandro Lopez

- Ola John

- Anderson Talisca

- Bebé

- Derley

Sporting CP

- Paulo Oliveira

- Oriol Rosell

- João Mário

- Junya Tanaka

- Carlos Mané

FC Porto

- Bruno Martins Indi

- Casemiro

- Hector Herrera

- Óliver Torres

- Yacine Brahimi

- Cristian Tello

- Juan Quintero

GD Estoril Praia

- Alex Kakuba

- Anderson Esiti

- Tozé

- Miranda Kuca

- Anfonso Taira

CD Nacional

- Miguel Rodrigues

- Mahmoud Ezzat

- Aly Ghazal

- Saleh Gomaa

- Mutaru Bata

SC Marítimo

- Kaj Ramsteijn

- Patrick Bauer

- Danilo Pereira

- Dyego Sousa

- Mohamend Ibrahim

Vitória FC

- Lukas Raeder

- Frederico Venâncio

- João Schmidt

- Kiko

- Dimitrios Pelkas

- Yann Rollim (not on the DB)

- Rachide Forbes

Associação Académica de Coimbra

- Lee Winston

- Aderlan Silva (not on the DB)

- Christopher Oualembo

- Nwankwo Obiora

- Carlos Olascuaga

- Rui Pedro

SC Braga

- Magalhães Matheus

- Marcelo Goiano

- Fortuna Wallace

- Pedro Tiba

- Djavan Ferreira

- Danilo Barbosa

Vitória SC

- João Afonso (not on the DB)

- Adama Traoré

- Benjamín Balázs

- Filip Knezevic

- Nii Plange

Rio Ave FC

- Prince-Désir Gouano

- Pedro Moreira

- Emmanuel Boateng (not on the DB)

- Ahmed Hassan

- Diego Lopes

FC Arouca

- Mauro Goicoechea

- Ivan Balliu

- Ulysse Diallo

- Lucas Colitto (not on the DB)

Gil Vicente FC

- Santos Peck's

- Hossam Hassan

- Luis Silva

- Avto Ebralidze

- Marwan Mossan

CF Os Belenenses

- André Teixeira

- Mário Palmeira

- Acosta Deyverson

- Fábio Nunes

FC Paços de Ferreira

- Rafael Defendi

- Araújo Jailson

- Jean Michaël Seri

- Vasco Rocha (not on the DB)

Moreirense FC

- Castro Gideão

- Albues Elízio

- Paulinho Mota

- Stéphane Madeira (not on the DB)

- André Simões

- João Pedro

- Gerson Fernandes

- Jorge Monteiro

- Alex dos Santos

FC Penafiel

- Dani Coelho

- Nuno Henrique

- João Martins

- Rafa Sousa (can't find him)

- Vitor Bruno

- M'Bala Davi N'kumu

- Baldé Aldair

- Tiago Rabiola

Boavista FC

- Mika Domingues

- Augustin Peña

- Lucas Silva (not on the DB)

- Anderson Correia (not on the DB)

- Mandiang Idris

- Brayan Beckeles

- Anderson Carvalho

- Zé Manel

- Brito Furtado

Like I use to do before every season' date=' I will make a list about players that I think are worth to keep an eye on or to buy. I hope you like it and I will be free to respond to every question you might have. Do not forget, those are only personal opinions based on the rosters so far.

[/quote']

Nice work mate keep up the good work.

eos whats the score with Rafa Silva of Braga and Iuri Medeiros of Sporting?

Rafa will probably be sold, if not, he will continue to grow. I am bit scared about him because I came to know that he is not a very hard worker, so that made me a bit reluctant.

About Iuri, that will be in the second part of the post as he will be a Sporting B player, in the second league. A starter and trying to get his way in the first team, but that will take some time

Rafa will probably be sold' date=' if not, he will continue to grow. I am bit scared about him because I came to know that he is not a very hard worker, so that made me a bit reluctant.

About Iuri, that will be in the second part of the post as he will be a Sporting B player, in the second league. A starter and trying to get his way in the first team, but that will take some time[/quote']

Hey Bro! Can you name three Portuguese youngsters which I must have in my team and can hit 87/88/99 in future like William CARVALHO, PIZZI, Nélson OLIVEIRA and CÉDRIC did.

I already have André SILVA.

Rafa will probably be sold' date=' if not, he will continue to grow. I am bit scared about him because I came to know that he is not a very hard worker, so that made me a bit reluctant. [/quote']

So wasn't James Rodríguez and look at him now! :)

Hey Bro! Can you name three Portuguese youngsters which I must have in my team and can hit 87/88/99 in future like William CARVALHO' date=' PIZZI, Nélson OLIVEIRA and CÉDRIC did.

I already have André SILVA.[/quote']

I don't know what rating they'll reach, but these are promising ones:

William

Rafa Silva

João Mário

Carlos Mané

Paulo Oliveira

Rony Lopes

Tozé

Ilori

Vezo

Cancelo

Cavaleiro

Bernardo Silva

Iuri

Podstawski

Gonçalo Guedes

José Sá

Ricardo Horta

Bruno Fernandes

Bruma

Luís Rafael

André Silva

The bolded ones are those that I really recommend. ;)

Hey Bro! Can you name three Portuguese youngsters which I must have in my team and can hit 87/88/99 in future like William CARVALHO' date=' PIZZI, Nélson OLIVEIRA and CÉDRIC did.

I already have André SILVA.[/quote']

I would say Bebé now at Benfica, Carlos Mané already playing as a starter, Bruma getting back from injury, Bruno Fernandes continuing his success in Italy, Raphael Guerreiro also playing at a high level on a good championship, Rafa Silva even with my doubts I love him and he is on the national team already, Bernardo Silva and João Mário will become great players, and maybe give Gonçalo Paciência a shot.

I must be forgetting tons of players but those are so good choices

Ps: And Marcos Lopes and Luis Rafael

I know he doesn´t play in Portugal ' date=' but how good is Raphael Guerreiro ,20, rated 86 of Lorient ?

Does he play for portuguese u21 ? future in national team probably ?[/quote']

He is great indeed, I love to see him play, Raphael gets tons of respect in France and should move to a bigger club very soon. He does play for the U-21 and he could very well be a backup for Coentrão in my opinion. To become a starter he will have to wait and then fight with other left wing backs like Luis Rafael

I would say Bebé now at Benfica' date=' Carlos Mané already playing as a starter, Bruma getting back from injury, Bruno Fernandes continuing his success in Italy, Raphael Guerreiro also playing at a high level on a good championship, Rafa Silva even with my doubts I love him and he is on the national team already, Bernardo Silva and João Mário will become great players, and maybe give Gonçalo Paciência a shot.

I must be forgetting tons of players but those are so good choices[/quote']

Oh yeah, I forgot Bebé. :o

If he plays regularly for Benfica, he'll have a great shot at hitting an 88 or 89 rating, one day.

Good list ;)

About James and Rafa, what I heard about Rafa is that he doesn't enjoy the training sessions and I haven't heard that from James. If this is true I think it could become a problem in his evolution