DerbyPower

PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread

Re: PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread

I see some 17 year old kid called Neves scored the opener for Porto the other day. Never actually heard of him prior to the goal is he touted to be something special?

I see some 17 year old kid called Neves scored the opener for Porto the other day. Never actually heard of him prior to the goal is he touted to be something special?

forum.soccermanager.com/showpost.php?p=2911826&postcount=209

Read all the posts about the Euro U-17 and you will find some information. I will make a post about him when I have time.

forum.soccermanager.com/showpost.php?p=2911826&postcount=209

Read all the posts about the Euro U-17 and you will find some information. I will make a post about him when I have time.

Hoping that Clasie doesn't come, realise the squad would become super strong but that would mean less game time for very exciting players like Ruben Neves, Oliver Torres and/or Evandro, Carlos Eduardo

Thx for the compliments' date=' NDF!

Tbh Rafa wasn't particularly inspired against Boavista.

He's still being used on the wing. :(

He helped out more than usual, defensively.

Some good passes here and there, but he isn't in his element on the wing. He never really made the difference in 1 on 1 situations.

Still 1st game of the season, though.

PS: I'm launching a petition to end the league tomorrow, if neither Arouca and Estoril pass us on the table. :o

They're only (far) superior to us in 1 thing: debt. :D

We're a financially sustainable club btw, unlike the vast majority of Portuguese clubs. ;)[/quote']

Was actually expecting a big money sale in the summer, namely Rafa or Aderllan or Eder. Still am frankly despite the fact his (Rafa) salary just got raised. :P We got a huge influx of young Brazilian stars with the help of that weird player fund which I know very little about.... But our best player acquisition will be Tiba from Vitória , good game yesterday

EDIT: Apparently according to Turkish press Ruben Micael out to Besiktas for 4M (Braga has 50% of the player)

Hoping that Clasie doesn't come' date=' realise the squad would become super strong but that would mean less game time for very exciting players like Ruben Neves, Oliver Torres and/or Evandro, Carlos Eduardo[/quote']

Evandro and Carlos Eduardo won't get many minutes imo. But I understand what you say, I would love him to become a started and an important piece for this team. His pass accuracy is mad :|

I'll sign the petition!

;)

Oh boy' date=' we're almost there. :P

Was actually expecting a big money sale in the summer, namely Rafa or Aderllan or Eder. Still am frankly despite the fact his (Rafa) salary just got raised. :P We got a huge influx of young Brazilian stars with the help of that weird player fund which I know very little about.... But our best player acquisition will be Tiba from Vitória , good game yesterday

EDIT: Apparently according to Turkish press Ruben Micael out to Besiktas for 4M (Braga has 50% of the player)

I liked Tiba a lot, as well.

Fast player, but can set the tempo and his technique is good.

I think SM should review his position - he should be M / AM ©, but he's AM / F ®. :confused:

You know how it is mate, as Braga fans, we're always expecting to sell someone. Tbh with you, I'd prefer to see Rafa sold rather than Santos. He's our best defender, by far, and he's so important to keep things stable at the back.

Bit gutted that Esiti didn't play for Estoril - thought he would be first choice?

I dunno much about him tbh, NDF.

But Estoril are gonna need some depth this season, especially if they make it into Europa League's group stage.

Si if he's any good, he should get decent game time, this season.

sure eos will be around soon to tell me to keep him as he is amazing :)

I will :P be patient, still very early in the season, today one of the flaws on Estoril's game was the lack of a true defensive midfielder and for that reason I am still confident about him

;)

how did ToZe play?

hope the Nani rumours to Lisbon arent true - that will harm Mane's progress won't it?

Mané's best position is AM, the coach Marco prefers André Martins atm for that role.... Nani's coming would threaten Carrillo and/or Capel mainly ;)

Mané's best position is AM' date=' the coach Marco prefers André Martins atm for that role.... Nani's coming would threaten Carrillo and/or Capel mainly ;)[/quote']

i thought Mane had been playing RW last season though?

i definitely thought he would be first choice starter this season too :(

Will Kritsyuk be the GK of the Braga during this season?

Not 100% sure' date=' but i believe #1 GK for Braga this season will be Matheus, as long as some burocratic problems get solved.

i thought Mane had been playing RW last season though?

i definitely thought he would be first choice starter this season too :(

Yes, he played on the wing most of the times, but he did a great job the few times he played AMC. However, things are not looking good for him this season, he did not feature in last match and he will now face more competition, top competition actually, as Nani is really going to play for Sporting this season. Carrilo is in top form for the wings, and for AMC, both André Martins and João Mário (or even Montero, i see him as an AMC, not a CF...) are infront of Mané. He will struggle eventually, but let's see what happens. He has quality.

Will Paulo Oliviera be a regular this season? I've had a bid accepted for him in a competitive GW and just wanted a bit more info on him. Cheers

One game into the league, he started at the bench (Sarr is the starter). But, if you have him, keep him he's very good and will get many games.

Will Paulo Oliviera be a regular this season? I've had a bid accepted for him in a competitive GW and just wanted a bit more info on him. Cheers

Looked terrible in pre-season and was overtaken by a stiff from France. He was highly touted before arriving at Sporting though, so maybe this could be just early issues of dealing with the pressure of his new club. Thing is, Sporting are looking to add another centre back. Milosevic from AIK. It doesn't look like he will be first choice, although his competition is very dubious.

Since you say it's a competitive world, sell him.

Can someone help with william carvalho

Is he a deep lying playmaker or a destroyer type midfielder, I know he sits in front of the defence and controls the play but does he fancy a good tackle like for example matuidi or de jong. Any help would be apriciated.