DerbyPower

PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread

Re: PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread

Can someone help with william carvalho

Is he a deep lying playmaker or a destroyer type midfielder' date=' I know he sits in front of the defence and controls the play but does he fancy a good tackle like for example matuidi or de jong. Any help would be apriciated.[/quote']

His best attribute is his passing and positioning. Just moves the ball around with ease, very good feet and always comfortable in possession. Stable base to build the game around.

Despite being strongly built he is still very much a finesse player which is exactly his biggest weakness at this point. He is too soft. He lacks a nastier edge, making more tackles and imposing his physicality more. There are plays where he shoves others around but he could be a lot more physical.

With this said, he has the tools to develop this area and of course, since he is a player with a very high IQ many times he is just very well positioned, not having to make spectacular tackles. But he definitely is frustrating at times because he could look way more intense in the game - you will feel like he is in slow motion at times. He'll need to find an extra gear to get to the next level and if he does, it will have been money well invested by Arsenal or whoever buys him.

Hi all' date=' thoughts on Bernard Mensah? Is he a good player for his age, or are his goals just lucky? Thanks.[/quote']

Very talented. Getting rave reviews in the press.

Need some help' date=' who is worth signing:

Marinho DERLEY or Andreas SAMARIS? Both play for Benfica and position doesn't matter.[/quote']

Samaris, no brainer ;)

His best attribute is his passing and positioning. Just moves the ball around with ease' date=' very good feet and always comfortable in possession. Stable base to build the game around.

Despite being strongly built he is still very much a finesse player which is exactly his biggest weakness at this point. He is too soft. He lacks a nastier edge, making more tackles and imposing his physicality more. There are plays where he shoves others around but he could be a lot more physical.

With this said, he has the tools to develop this area and of course, since he is a player with a very high IQ many times he is just very well positioned, not having to make[i'] spectacular[/i] tackles. But he definitely is frustrating at times because he could look way more intense in the game - you will feel like he is in slow motion at times. He'll need to find an extra gear to get to the next level and if he does, it will have been money well invested by Arsenal or whoever buys him.

Thank you, kind sir

not the first 11' date=' more the match day squad i meant!

like coming off the bench etc?[/quote']

Yes, but with Enzo Perez staying it will be tougher to be a full time starter.

Benfica usually played almost a 4-2-4, but with Rodrigo(and Cardozo) gone and no replacements, they might play 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3, meaning, there might be an opening in midfield.

I would think that Samaris will eventually be starting next to Enzo. Then there's Fejsa(who is hurt) but adds a more defensive approach. Talisca has not been impressive but they seem to have big faith in him(has been playing in a more advanced role). They also have André Almeida who is a defensive midfielder.

Cristante has better competition at Benfica(Enzo and Samaris) than what he had at Milan. Milan is just such a joke. How can they sell one of the few good prospects they have... and keep trash like Essien, Muntari, etc? Ridiculous.

How do you rate Quinterio of Porto actually rated 86, will he get more involved in the first 11? Should I sell him or no to get other players that will rise before him? Thanks in advance for your help :)

Jonathan Silva played as Leftback for Sporting in the last game as Jefferson was suspended i read.

Has someone seen the game ? How did he play ?

Does he have the chance of keeping the place in the starting lineup ?

How do you rate him compared to Jefferson ?

I signed Jefferson last season in all my small teams as a starting player

and i am really interested in his chances of getting a rating increase to 87,

or to learn if i should rather sell him when his place is not safe anymore.

I heard many good things about Jonathan Silva from argentinians but don´t know if he is ready for a big club starting place yet.

What are the chances of Paulo Oliveira breaking into the Sporting Lisbon team?

Chances are (very) high.

Not because of Paulo Oliveira. But because Naby Sarr is horrible.

It is bizarre that Oliveira hasn't been given a chance yet considering how poor the French guy is - and this was obvious several weeks back. He is so slow and poor technically.

Oliveira struggled in the pre-season and that is why he lost his place to begin with. But I doubt he would look as bad as Sarr.

I expect Oliveira to start the next game. If he doesn't' date=' then Marco Silva has really lost his mind. Everyone sees that Sarr is awful now and the guy is a calamity waiting to happen.

Jonathan Silva played as Leftback for Sporting in the last game as Jefferson was suspended i read.

Has someone seen the game ? How did he play ?

Does he have the chance of keeping the place in the starting lineup ?

How do you rate him compared to Jefferson ?

I signed Jefferson last season in all my small teams as a starting player

and i am really interested in his chances of getting a rating increase to 87,

or to learn if i should rather sell him when his place is not safe anymore.

I heard many good things about Jonathan Silva from argentinians but don´t know if he is ready for a big club starting place yet.

Jefferson was sent off. Silva came on the next game and they won 4-0 in a very important game after a bad run of results. Surprisingly he kept his starting place. He played against Porto and Chelsea and did ok. He is very very aggressive, bombs forward and seems to make good crosses.

From what I've seen, I don't think he has been that much of an upgrade over Jefferson, especially defensively where he clearly is still learning - he has been caught too many times with players running on his back.

Jefferson was also good going forward and is a very good crosser. He just wasn't as energetic as Silva has been. Competition is close, but Silva is likely to keep his place considering he hasn't done too bad these three games he played.

Whether he starts the rest of the way or not, Silva looks like a good prospect and will likely mean that Jefferson will be sold in the next few months.

Thanks! Also Jardel of Benfica. He seems to be their starting CB.

Any chance of a rise?

In real life he is not very good. Just very average but usually reliable in league matches. He was at fault for both goals against Zenit and overall just feels like a stop gag at the position, so again I wouldn't want to own him, very little upside. But considering the status of the club and since he is starting he probably does deserve to rise.

The one player to get is João Mário from Sporting. Finally he is starting(pathetic how long André Martins was ahead of him). Has all the talent to be a top player and should be in the Portuguese NT now.

Paulo Oliveira will start this weekend.

In real life he is not very good. Just very average but usually reliable in league matches. He was at fault for both goals against Zenit and overall just feels like a stop gag at the position' date=' so again I wouldn't want to own him, very little upside. But considering the status of the club and since he is starting he probably does deserve to rise.

The one player to get is João Mário from Sporting. Finally he is starting(pathetic how long André Martins was ahead of him). Has all the talent to be a top player and should be in the Portuguese NT now.

Paulo Oliveira will start this weekend.[/quote']

Thanks, planning on selling him on, so I'll wait till he rises! Ill have a look at joao mario too.

Good to see Paulo Oliveria play the full 90 mins for Sporting at the weekend.

Anyone know if he played well, and will he continue to start for them now?