PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread

Re: PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread

I want to sell those Porto players' date=' is some of them worth to keep?

- Andre Silva

- Ricardo Pereira

- Luis Rafa

- Tomas Podstawski

- Pinheiro Toze

Thank you.[/quote']

It actually depends on 2 factors, mate. Are you thinking long term? And are there better players (youngsters) available for you to buy?

In the short term, the only one worth keeping is Tozé, who should be in for a rise.

Long term wise, all are worth keeping (except for Ricardo, if you need cash). I believe he's a bit hyped tbh. I think he ain't as good as people make him out to be. He needs to go out loan, in order to improve.

Hey everyone,

I want to buy a Portuguese youth GK. In my world I have jose sa and tiago sa available. (bruno varela not available) are either of them worth a pick up? either of them would be a starting GK on my team.

my current Gks are Ivan Brkic 73 and Giorgos Strezos 73. If there are any other young keepers rated 75-78/80 that you might suggest, that would be great too, but i think that most super well known keepers are probably gone.

thanks guys!

Hey everyone' date='

I want to buy a Portuguese youth GK. In my world I have jose sa and tiago sa available. (bruno varela not available) are either of them worth a pick up? either of them would be a starting GK on my team.

my current Gks are Ivan Brkic 73 and Giorgos Strezos 73. If there are any other young keepers rated 75-78/80 that you might suggest, that would be great too, but i think that most super well known keepers are probably gone.

thanks guys![/quote']

Jose Sa wold be a better choice, he is slightly older but has a better chance to first team football, he started last weekend. Not far behind will be Rui Silva

Hey everyone' date='

thanks guys![/quote']

Don't settle for Portuguese GKs, mate!

A must buy is Matheus Magalhães, from my beloved Braga. He got a +2 very recently, but he should continue to rise considerably in the near future.

Then you have Mouez Hassen (Nice), who's 77 rated - another must buy. And there's 80 rated Sportiello (Atalanta), who's a good riser too.

Is Tobias Figueiredo worth picking up on a free? Will he amount to much?

Same for Maciel and Leandro Silva of Porto

Thanks in advance

I've only seen Tobias play (in the under 19 Euro: not the last one, the one before that). I liked what I saw and I reckon he's got potential. I'd pick him up for free, especially if you're thinking long term.

The other 2, I don't remember seeing them play. Try to PM eos11, who's an expert on Portuguese youngsters.

Just picked up Bryan Cristante in a competitive gameworld' date=' he would be more of a long term signing :D

He does not seem to be playing at Benfica, anyone know more about it??[/quote']

He got a bad injury when he first signed but is a player with a bright future, he was probably milans best midfielder in pre season, not sure what possesed them to sell him. I'd imagine he will be a first team regular by the end of the season

• 3 weeks later...

Is Julio Cesar (90) safe?

Seems Benfica alternate the gk (Both have 7 league starts and 3 CL starts). Do they havea defined numbe 1 and why isnt he starting every game?

He is Benfica's #1 mate. He struggled a bit with back injury at beggining, but now he's playing almost everygame. His performances are being decent/good so far, so i believe he will keep his 90 for now.

Any info on Helder Costa of Benfica B' date=' have a deal to being him in....

Any help appreciated![/quote']

He's doing well for Benfica B, but I believe the next Portuguese review will be at season end. And I think Hélder Costa has always been a bit hyped, like many other youngsters.

I've watched him play a good number of times. He may end up having a nice career, but he'll never be amazing imo.

He's doing well for Benfica B' date=' but I believe the next Portuguese review will be at season end. And I think Hélder Costa has always been a bit hyped, like many other youngsters.

I've watched him play a good number of times. He may end up having a nice career, but he'll never be amazing imo.[/quote']

One of the players I was going to ask about, you can add mind reading to your many talents Pedro :D

The other was Carlos Mane. Anyone give me an update on how he has been playing and whether he is as good as the media has hyped him up to be?

One of the players I was going to ask about' date=' you can add mind reading to your many talents Pedro :D

The other was Carlos Mane. Anyone give me an update on how he has been playing and whether he is as good as the media has hyped him up to be?[/quote']

:D

Mané is more promising than Hélder Costa, mate. However, he's been getting little game time at Sporting. He looked good when I saw him, especially taking into consideration his young age.

:D

Mané is more promising than Hélder Costa' date=' mate. However, he's been getting little game time at Sporting. He looked good when I saw him, especially taking into consideration his young age.[/quote']

Nice one Pedro, appreciate it as always :)

He's doing well for Benfica B' date=' but I believe the next Portuguese review will be at season end. And I think Hélder Costa has always been a bit hyped, like many other youngsters.

I've watched him play a good number of times. He may end up having a nice career, but he'll never be amazing imo.[/quote']

Riser and sell so? Thanks for your help!

In the near future' date=' no. Labyad is skilled, but I doubt he'll ever be anything special.

He's at Vitesse (Holland) right now tho, mate.[/quote']

Yes I've seen him a few times on the Dutch highlights, looks like he as a trick or two, was just wondering what you though as he is a Sporting player, is there a future there for him??

What rating can he max at?

I would be getting him in a highly competitive GW where players are very hard to land so if he could possibly yield any sort of reward considering his skill level I would go for him.....

Guessing you've seen more of him than me though so I may re-think....

Again, cheers for the advice!

Only other player I have from Portugal is Pite (porto B) any advice on him? Similar story, what rating should I cash in on him at?

Yes I've seen him a few times on the Dutch highlights' date=' looks like he as a trick or two, was just wondering what you though as he is a Sporting player, is there a future there for him??

What rating can he max at?

I would be getting him in a highly competitive GW where players are very hard to land so if he could possibly yield any sort of reward considering his skill level I would go for him.....

Guessing you've seen more of him than me though so I may re-think....

Again, cheers for the advice!

Only other player I have from Portugal is Pite (porto B) any advice on him? Similar story, what rating should I cash in on him at?[/quote']

I know nothing about Pité. :o Machines is a Porto fan, maybe he can help you there.

As for Labyad, he was signed during one of the darkest moments in Sporting's history. He showed some interesting stuff there, but he never performed consistently. The club was horribly managed and they spent fortunes of players with pretty questionable quality. Their new chairman cleaned a lot of the "trash". If I'm not mistaken, Labyad earns a fortune at Sporting. As far as I know, Sporting's chairman wanted to get rid of him and still does.

Labyad has some quality, but I don't see him ever passing 89.