PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread

Re: PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread

I know nothing about Pité. :o Machines is a Porto fan' date=' maybe he can help you there.[/quote']

I'm a Porto fan indeed Pedro, but more important than that, i'm a fan of Beira-Mar and i watch all their home games :D Pité was a Beira-Mar player last season and imo he really has a great talent. He was a class above almost everyone in Segunda Liga imo. He has the talent to make it, but i don't know for sure if he has the right mentality or if he works hard enough. I believe he has been struggling with injuries/physicall problems in Porto B. I was expecting him to be an important player for them this season, but he hardly played. I believe he had a great pre-season with them though, so that's why i say his physicall problems are playing a big part in his irrelevant season so far.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

After the checking the amount of comments in the main thread (despite my efforts to avoid having them there) and PM's both through the forum and in-game, I decided to create this thread so that you ca

Otavio only deserves a +1 I think. Braga have been dropping like a stone recently which may (and probably should) affect their review.  Rahul's predictions for the big 3 are fair, so for the othe

Re: PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread It has been a great journey since 2011, great people and great fun! And well, This is my forum post number 1000! I could

What Pedro says about Labyad, I can completely confirm (as someone who watches the Dutch league closely). If he's useful in his current rating you should keep him, but don't keep him as a long term prospect. He's doing alright at Vitesse, but nothing spectacular.

What Pedro says about Labyad' date=' I can completely confirm (as someone who watches the Dutch league closely). If he's useful in his current rating you should keep him, but don't keep him as a long term prospect. He's doing alright at Vitesse, but nothing spectacular.[/quote']

Thanks!

Appreciate all the help, I think I shall keep my money and look elsewhere ;)

Hey!

Would like to leave you here the link to PortuGOAL.net an English written source of information about Portuguese football.

Could be interesting also because of some player reports like Bruno Fernandes and João Mário for example.

Have fun!

Thanks

Almeida can rise mate' date=' but I gotta be honest with you: he's a pretty average player. His luck is that he can play in several positions.[/quote']

got him in a forum EC, if he will get 88 in the next month ill hold, if he is unlikely id sell and reinvest.

It has been a great journey since 2011, great people and great fun! And well,

This is my forum post number 1000!

I could have written it in one of the GWs where I'm in, and in that case I would have choosen EC7777 because of my beloved Newport, but I have decided to write it in my country's forum thread.

It is in form of a tribute to Vitória de Guimarães and their staff, namely Rui Vitória their head-coach. Since 2011 they are doing a great job with scouting and player formation, providing a lot of decent talent to Portuguese football. Keep an eye on this team. All my respect to Académica too.

Below is my game report and opinions about "Guimarães 4 vs 0 Académica" of last Saturday. A bit long though. Hope you enjoy it and give your feedback. Thanks!

Vitória de Guimarães bounced back after losing at the Estádio da Luz

January 17, 2015

The Rui Vitória's side has already proven that can make damage to major teams like Porto (1-1) and Sporting (3-0) at the Dom Afonso Henriques. But after the fiasco against Benfica, it was more than needed to clear the ugly image left at the Luz. What better opponent to fulfill that need than the struggling Académica? 4-0 was a really competent response.

Guimarães had a strong start and
Hernâni
on the opening minute showed what they were up to with a powerful but very wide shot. The home team kept pushing but an unbelievable failure by Rafael Lopes right in front of
Assis
encouraged the Estudantes to go against the more dominating Vitória.

At minute 16 though, the recent team reinforcement
Rui Valente
, scored the first for Vitória. The former Leixões, who played 32m against Benfica, deserved the coach's confidence and on his first appearance as a starter netted the opening goal. This season, the 23-year-old scored for eight times in 18 appearances for Leixões in Segunda Liga, Portuguese second tier, and caught the attention of Guimarães’ technical team.

Rui Valente seems to be another successful example of the transfer policy followed by the Guimarães side. The club consistently brings in unknown young players, works their talents and skills and prepares them to higher flights. Look at the case of the Ivorian
Adama Traoré
, recruited in Australia at the beginning of the season and recently transferred to the Swiss FC Basel. According to
he arrived as a free transfer from Melbourne Victory and left for a 1,5Mill € fee.

Académica showed a good reaction to Rui Valente's goal and managed to briefly impose their football. But the lack of confidence and the compact lines of Vitória, well organized upper in the field, ended the Estudantes’ intentions. Three dangerous shots announced the inevitable second goal for the home team. Ofori couldn’t stop Hernâni within the laws and the referee pointed to the penalty mark.
André André
didn’t miss and netted the second for Vitória. The halftime did not come before
Tomané
get back to the goals. 3-0 for Guimarães.

In the second half Vitória was more dominant, with a very straight forward football that led to the fourth scored by Hernâni – a merit reward for his good performance. Also worthy to mention is the quality of both Guimarães central defenders, especially
João Afonso
with a set of key tackles.

By the chances that has created, Académica do not deserved to abandon the Dom Afonso Henriques without scoring, but the lack of aim punished the intentions of Paulo Sérgio's men. Also Assis, with two excellent saves near the end, denied them the consolation prize.

Rui Vitória was happy with the team and highlighted the importance of a good response after losing with Benfica. “We created many danger situations by defense-attack transitions and took advantage of Académica’s bad period. We controlled the game and it was a fair result.” he said in the flash interview.

On the other hand Paulo Sérgio was disappointed, “We started well and created a great chance but we put ourselves out of the game. It was too easy the way Vitória scored. We had our chances, didn’t score them and with a 3-0 at the halftime, the game was decided.”

With this result, Vitória de Guimarães keeps Sporting CP under pressure while Académica fails to escape to the last positions in the table. Taça da Liga (League Cup) is the next challenge for both the teams.

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm Danlio max at 93 ?I heard he is good+he is the new RB for Brazil,so who knows :P

How good Talisca realy is ' date=' is there any chance he is the next 40M player from Benfica ?[/quote']

Not sure tbh,he has good stats+he is still very young.

We ll see how will he play in a year or two.

Its still early to say

How good Talisca realy is ' date=' is there any chance he is the next 40M player from Benfica ?[/quote']

Really really good. He can, but this is 1st year in Europe.

He should stay at least 1 more year developing at Benfica, before moving abroad.

Hmm Danlio max at 93 ?I heard he is good+he is the new RB for Brazil' date='so who knows :P[/quote']

93 is quite unlikely imo.

If I had to bet, I'd say Danilo's max rating is 92.

Really really good. He can' date=' but this is 1st year in Europe.

He should stay at least 1 more year developing at Benfica, before moving abroad.

93 is quite unlikely imo.

If I had to bet, I'd say Danilo's max rating is 92.[/quote']

Barca want him to replace Alves as L.Enrique doesn't think Montoya is good enough and is to slow but he wants out anyway. Danilo is Brazil's new starting RB i'd say around 92 is possible but depending on where he ends up you never know. Also read a while back that United were looking at Sandro and Danilo but can't see that happening with the prices Porto charge but theyre no Benfica at the cash game. :eek:

Barca want him to replace Alves as L.Enrique doesn't think Montoya is good enough and is to slow but he wants out anyway. Danilo is Brazil's new starting RB i'd say around 92 is possible but depending on where he ends up you never know. Also read a while back that United were looking at Sandro and Danilo but can't see that happening with the prices Porto charge but theyre no Benfica at the cash game. :eek:

I find it very unlikely that Porto will let go of Alex Sandro and Danilo, at the same time.