DerbyPower

PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread

Re: PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread

I find it very unlikely that Porto will let go of Alex Sandro and Danilo' date=' at the same time.[/quote']

Would you care to provide more insight on danilo from braga. Only two games I could find were against porto and sporting, he looks promising alright but I wouldn't mind another perspective on him. I don't fancy youtube videos, online articles and you seem like a thrustworthy guy :)

Would you care to provide more insight on danilo from braga. Only two games I could find were against porto and sporting' date=' he looks promising alright but I wouldn't mind another perspective on him. I don't fancy youtube videos, online articles and you seem like a thrustworthy guy :)[/quote']

Danilo Barbosa is simply a must-buy/keep.

Like I said countless times here, I'm not one to hype Portuguese or Braga players. Since I joined the forum, Danilo is the exception which confirms that rule.

The kid is even better than I expected, prior to watching him play.

He's already physically strong, despite his young age. His technique is quite good, even tho he's a DM. He ain't super fast, but velocity ain't definitely one of his weaknesses either.

His tackling, anticipation and positioning skills are also good. And his aerial play is even better.

Unless injuries affect his career a lot, I'm almost positive Danilo will be a 90+ player and wear the Brazilian NT shirt one day.

762Sx3879yE

I see tobias figueiredo is getting some game time and even scored tonight.

Just wondering what is people's thooughts on him. Will he keep his place in the team and How is he playing? Thanks for any info :)

I see tobias figueiredo is getting some game time and even scored tonight.

Just wondering what is people's thooughts on him. Will he keep his place in the team and How is he playing? Thanks for any info :)

I like Tobias. I doubt he'll maintain his starting spot, but I believe he's worth buying while he's cheap.

Danilo Barbosa is simply a must-buy/keep.

Like I said countless times here' date=' I'm not one to hype Portuguese or Braga players. Since I joined the forum, Danilo is the exception which confirms that rule.

The kid is even better than I expected, prior to watching him play.

He's already physically strong, despite his young age. His technique is quite good, even tho he's a DM. He ain't super fast, but velocity ain't definitely one of his weaknesses either.

His tackling, anticipation and positioning skills are also good. And his aerial play is even better.

Unless injuries affect his career a lot, I'm almost positive Danilo will be a 90+ player and wear the Brazilian NT shirt one day.

[/quote']

You have my gratitude.

Ola John and Andre Carrillo - Worth keeping?

How are they fairing this season?

IMO Carrillo is worth keeping, Ola John is not. Carrilo is doing very well, one of Sporting best players, he will rise this season for sure. Ola John isn't doing that good, don't know what happened to him but he regressed since his first season at Benfica, and if he doesn't step up, he's future doesn't seem that great.

Shouldn't Matheus have a bit of a ratings boost?

an 80 keeping goal for a team 4th in the league seems a bit strange doesn't it?

He will rise, depending on when he is reveiwed, id say now he would get a +4 but if done in 10 weeks a +6

IMO Carrillo is worth keeping' date=' Ola John is not. Carrilo is doing very well, one of Sporting best players, he will rise this season for sure. Ola John isn't doing that good, don't know what happened to him but he regressed since his first season at Benfica, and if he doesn't step up, he's future doesn't seem that great.[/quote']

Thankyou very much my good friend. I haven't been able to watch portuguese football much this season due to work reasons.

This maybe asking a lot but could you maybe recommend a list of young players who may/will rise in the coming future or players who are of a lot of talent

Thankyou very much my good friend. I haven't been able to watch portuguese football much this season due to work reasons.

This maybe asking a lot but could you maybe recommend a list of young players who may/will rise in the coming future or players who are of a lot of talent

Can give you some at the top of my head, Danilo (Braga), Sturgeon (Belenenses), Mensah (Guimaraes), Gonçalo Guedes (Benfica), Ruben Neves (Porto), Talisca (Benfica), Koka (Rio Ave), Gomaa (Nacional), Sergio Oliveira (Porto loaned to Paços), Braga keeper that was mentioned a couple posts bellow. These are good talents, i'm sure that there is more but these are the ones i remember.

Shouldn't Matheus have a bit of a ratings boost?

an 80 keeping goal for a team 4th in the league seems a bit strange doesn't it?

After this season ends' date=' he will (or should) be at least 84.

Lets hope so... wouldn't want to set the NAGETTES onto him. ;)

Exactly! :D

Hello there! If you would have to chose which will be your top 5 U21 Portugal players? Never mind position. Much appreciated' date=' thanks! ;)[/quote']

I'm almost positive you're asking this for "World Challenge", mate. :D

Even tho you're competition, I'm gonna help you. :)

If you mix real life potential with SM terms, these would be my 5 choices:

André Gomes

Raphael Guerreiro

Bernardo Silva

Bruno Fernandes

Bruma

It was super hard to keep Rafa Silva out of that list, but Braga ain't that big a club. :(

After several years of neglecting our youth, the reintroduction of B teams came to the rescue of Portuguese football.

Now Portuguese youngsters can play in the 2nd division, which has the right competitiveness level. It's the perfect bridge for young footballers, to make the transition into professional football.

I guarantee you kids like Bernardo Silva wouldn't be where they are today, if they hadn't played 2nd division football.

Portugal has been suffering from a huge lack of quality, these past recent years.

But now we have a tremendously talented generation of players (I could name you at least 2 per position) with 23 years old or below.

Lads such as Marcos Lopes, Carlos Mané, Cavaleiro or Tobias Figueiredo are also very nice bets.

And I only mentioned players with 21 years old or less. ;)

I'm almost positive you're asking this for "World Challenge"' date=' mate. :D

Even tho you're competition, I'm gonna help you. :)

If you mix real life potential with SM terms, these would be my 5 choices:

André Gomes

Raphael Guerreiro

Bernardo Silva

Bruno Fernandes

Bruma

It was super hard to keep Rafa Silva out of that list, but Braga ain't that big a club. :(

After several years of neglecting our youth, the reintroduction of B teams came to the rescue of Portuguese football.

Now Portuguese youngsters can play in the 2nd division, which has the right competitiveness level. It's the perfect bridge for young footballers, to make the transition into professional football.

I guarantee you kids like Bernardo Silva wouldn't be where they are today, if they hadn't played 2nd division football.

Portugal has been suffering from a huge lack of quality, these past recent years.

But now we have a tremendously talented generation of players (I could name you at least 2 per position) with 23 years old or below.

Lads such as Marcos Lopes, Carlos Mané, Cavaleiro or Tobias Figueiredo are also very nice bets.

And I only mentioned players with 21 years old or less. ;)[/quote']

Thanks mate, you were right, it is about that gameworld. I decided to go for Lopes, Guedes and Guerreiro

I see Leo Bonatini is getting some games at Estoril.

Is he worth picking up and is it just a loan deal from Cruzeiro?

Cant find much info about him. Thanks:)

I see Leo Bonatini is getting some games at Estoril.

Is he worth picking up and is it just a loan deal from Cruzeiro?

Cant find much info about him. Thanks:)

I know almost nothing about Bonatini tbh.

He's played 90 minutes in each of Estoril's last games tho.

Since he's only 78, he might be worth signing.

I know almost nothing about Bonatini tbh.

He's played 90 minutes in each of Estoril's last games tho.

Since he's only 78' date=' he might be worth signing.[/quote']

I do like Bonatini' date=' he just needs to find a few goals, he is a very good finisher though so im sure they'll come.

Well worth getting just as a riser too, as pedro says.

Also seeing rave review for Matheus again on twitter :D[/quote']

Much appreciated, cheers.

Signed up Matheus for my main team too after reading this thread :)