PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread

Re: PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread

Nice to see Toze get a +2. Is he worth keeping for a bit longer to see what happens next season?

Yeah' date=' I don't think you'll have much to lose. ;)

I didn't see that Pedro apologies! I keep tabs on all Braga games too which is mental.

It is mental. :P

But don't worry about it!

Just be glad you ain't a masochist like me, who actually watches Braga matches. :o

Do you think Adrien Silva and Jonathan Silva could get +1?

I wouldn't rise any of them for now' date=' mate.

I thought Matheus might sneak another +1

no rise for Pereira either, not even the +1, :(

They're worth keeping tho. :)

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

After the checking the amount of comments in the main thread (despite my efforts to avoid having them there) and PM's both through the forum and in-game, I decided to create this thread so that you ca

Otavio only deserves a +1 I think. Braga have been dropping like a stone recently which may (and probably should) affect their review.  Rahul's predictions for the big 3 are fair, so for the othe

Re: PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread It has been a great journey since 2011, great people and great fun! And well, This is my forum post number 1000! I could

I have a 6.5 mil bid accepted on Danilo Pereira....

Is he worth pickin up? Heard some of the bigger clubs are sniffing about and he is now in the NT squad....

Its kinda of expensive IMO, i like him and i think he has potencial but its expensive, you won't have the return on investment very quick.

No rise for Martins Indi ??? :eek:

Yup' date=' he lost his starter spot at Porto and they'll win a whopping 0 trophies this season.

And they have the best squad of the Portuguese league.

Serves them right for hiring a foreign muppet, when there are lots of better Portuguese coaches.

For instance Rui Vitória (V. Guimarães) is 10 times better than Lopetegui.

Performing miracles with so few resources, season after season.

Why did they hire Lopetegui anyway, coz he was successful with Spain's youth NTs?

Even I would be, there's so much bloody talent in Spain. :o

No one predicted a +2 for Herrera, a sign of things to come?

Surprised Ruben Neves only got a +3, over 1500 minutes this season including 308 minuntes in the Champions League. Guess it doesn't really matter because I'd be crazy to sell him, right? :)

Yes, keep the lad!

Especially if it's a super competitive setup.

Yup' date=' he lost his starter spot at Porto and they'll win a whopping 0 trophies this season.

Serves them right for hiring a foreign muppet, when there are lots of better Portuguese coaches.

For instance Rui Vitória (V. Guimarães) is 10 times better than Lopetegui.

Performing miracles with so few resources, season after season.

Why did they hire Lopetegui anyway, coz he was successful with Spain's youth NTs?

Even I would be, there's so much bloody talent in Spain. :o[/quote']

True story. Sad story :( He's not a great manager at all, yet at least... He needs to learn a lot, and he needs to get humble and to have fair play.

Would Julio Cesar and/or Luisao drop in the upcoming ratings? I personally do not think so' date=' but because *ahem* age *ahem* is catching up... :P[/quote']
Normally they should stay' date=' Benfica is likely to win Portuguese League this season and they were both important players in their campaign.[/quote']

I guess it was abnormal that Julio Cesar dropped. In that case Cech and Valdes should be dropped. :rolleyes:

A nice rise for Guedes

.[/quote']

He came on for Marcano in 25 mins against Setubal and then retained his place against Gil Vicente, both games the defence kept a clean sheet.I would play him over Marcano any day of the week.

Totally agree with Vítor!

Jardel sucks, but he deserved a +2.

His previous drop to 86 had also been harsh.

Perhaps I shouldn't have praised SW's recent efforts.

Brahimi starts the season at 88 and finishes at 90.

Herrera started at 87 and finishes at 90.

Both are great, but their club is underperforming big time.

Salvio starts at 89 and doesn't get a rise all season?! :rolleyes:

Then again, why should he?

A winger with 13 goals and 11 assists for a club which is actually gonna win sth this season - Benfica have already won the Portuguese Super Cup and will probably win the league and league cup.

If I didn't know how Portuguese club football was going this season (and judging by this review), I would say Porto were in Benfica's place. :confused:

Oh and what about Eliseu?

He ain't great, but doesn't he deserve a +1?

And don't tell me it's because Porto did better in the CL than Benfica.

Big deal, Porto were drawn into the easiest group and got the easieast opponent (Basel) in the last 16. :o

Just let me review the Portuguese ratings myself (or with other Portuguese league followers, if they want).

So we can show you how it's done. ;)

Jardel sucks' date=' but he deserved a +2.

Herrera at started 87 and finishes at 90.

He's probably just the best player of the 2014/2015 Portuguese league.

If I didn't know how Portuguese club football was going this season, I would say Porto were in Benfica's place. :confused:

And don't justify this by saying Port did better in the CL than Benfica.

Big deal, Porto were drawn into a pony group and got the easieast opponent (Basel) in the knockout stage. :o

Just let me review the Portuguese ratings myself (or with other Portuguese league followers, if they want).

So we can show you how it's done. ;)[/quote']

I agree that Salvio should be a 90 now, even if i don't agree with you when you say he was the best player in the league this season.

SM were probably generous with Herrera and Brahimi, but they're quality players and both had a good season overall. Herrera was underrated at 88, he had an impressive WC, he should have been an 89 rated player before this changes, meaning he would only got a +1 this review. Obviously Porto's good campaign in CL played a part in it, an awful night in Munich does not erase it.

Also in SM defense, Porto has indeed individually better players than Benfica, we can all agree on that i believe. Yes, Benfica won the league with merit, credit to them, but it's not that big accomplishment to justify a lot of rises. Imo Talisca's +2 to 87 was the biggest mistake of this review imo. He did close to nothing since last review. Jonas, Gaitan and Salvio are the main players for Benfica, Jonas & Gaitan are already 90, Salvio should have got it too. Not much left i believe. Maybe Lima, but not a must.

I was impressed with Cedric's +1 to 89, not deserved at this point.

I agree that Salvio should be a 90 now' date=' even if i don't agree with you when you say he was the best player in the league this season.

SM were probably generous with Herrera and Brahimi, but they're quality players and both had a good season overall. Herrera was underrated at 88, he had an impressive WC, he should have been an 89 rated player before this changes, meaning he would only got a +1 this review.

Obviously Porto's good campaign in CL played a part in it, an awful night in Munich does not erase it.

Also in SM defense, Porto has indeed individually better players than Benfica, we can all agree on that i believe. Yes, Benfica won the league with merit, credit to them, but it's not that big accomplishment to justify a lot of rises. Imo Talisca's +2 to 87 was the biggest mistake of this review imo. He did close to nothing since last review. Jonas, Gaitan and Salvio are the main players for Benfica, Jonas & Gaitan are already 90, Salvio should have got it too. Not much left i believe. Maybe Lima, but not a must.

I was impressed with Cedric's +1 to 89, not deserved at this point.[/quote']

I edited it, mate.

Salvio should indeed have more minutes to be considered the league's best, I agree. :)

Totally agree on Cédric. :o

How he rises and Eliseu doesn't is beyond me. :confused:

I edited it' date=' mate.

Salvio should indeed have more minutes to be considered the league's best, I agree. :)

Totally agree on Cédric. :o

How he rises and Eliseu doesn't is beyond me. :confused:[/quote']

Fair play Pedro :)

I would vote Jonas or Jackson for Player of the Season. Jonas was amazing, absolutely instrumental player for Benfica to win the league. Jackson was the usual beast for Porto.

I agree that if Cedric rises, Eliseu should rise too, but personally i would keep them both at 88.

Jardel sucks' date=' but he deserved a +2.

Herrera started at 87 and finishes at 90.

Both are great, but their club is underperforming big time.

A winger with 13 goals and 11 assists for a club which is actually gonna win sth this season - Benfica have already won the Portuguese Super Cup and will probably win the league and league cup.

If I didn't know how Portuguese club football was going this season (and judging by this review), I would say Porto were in Benfica's place. :confused:

[b']And don't tell me it's because Porto did better in the CL than Benfica.

[/b] Big deal, Porto were drawn into the easiest group and got the easieast opponent (Basel) in the last 16. :o

So we can show you how it's done. ;)

I'm with you all the way pedro, but u lost me in the bolded sentence.

Ofc it's because Porto did better in UCL.

It doesn't matter how hard or easy it is for a club to progress into the next round but whether u do it or not.And Porto did it.

Hence the players deserve credit for doing so.

SM has made it clear that UCL performances are more important than league performances.And I agree with this decision tbh.

I'm with you all the way pedro' date=' but u lost me in the bolded sentence.

Ofc it's because Porto did better in UCL.

It doesn't matter how hard or easy it is for a club to progress into the next round but whether u do it or not.And Porto did it.

Hence the players deserve credit for doing so.

SM has made it clear that UCL performances are more important than league performances.And I agree with this decision tbh.[/quote']

90 was too much for Herrera IMO, from 87 to 90 in one season for a Portuguese team that won't win anything this season is stupid, those were very generous rises. Salvio should've had the 90 not him. But seeing how ratings were handled and knowing SM/SW it wouldn't surprise me if they think Porto is the one who's winning Primeira Liga just because of their performances in CL.