PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

After the checking the amount of comments in the main thread (despite my efforts to avoid having them there) and PM's both through the forum and in-game, I decided to create this thread so that you ca

Otavio only deserves a +1 I think. Braga have been dropping like a stone recently which may (and probably should) affect their review.  Rahul's predictions for the big 3 are fair, so for the othe

Re: PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread It has been a great journey since 2011, great people and great fun! And well, This is my forum post number 1000! I could

Honestly this league is terrible quality wise I had known it was not up to much but when you actually watch it every team outside the top 4 makes it look like a world class team v amateur.

Not to mention the officials I haven't seen worse yet but this league is lucky to have players on 90 not because they're not 90 quality but because the opposition.

There's 2 players in this league who should be 91 one already has it the other is Jonas but I think think the league needs capped lowered because despite players like Mitroglu and Slimani who I absolutely love watching and would do reasonably well in the right team elsewhere are competing vs no-one and 89 would be seen as the greatest season ever. Basically what i'm saying is I think it should be capped 'just' above the Dutch league.

They Portuguese  produce super talented players you just have to look at the current u17 Euro competition to see there's real potential but the league is abysmal!

Diogo verdasca and Xande are good prospects. Verdasca won 2nd division with porto b playing most of the games and now is in toulon, is better than xande.
Xande started really well in Vitoria SC, good technique. SportingCP had an eye on him and Vitoria's Gkeeper. I would buy them just in the beginning of the new season.

In the other hand, you have several players of SCBraga on the rise.
FCPorto, not so much, poor season. But they have Andre Silva that may be the future PL of the national side. The only players that can rise are layun, chidozie, andre silva, danilo (Best player in their side) and maybe Sergio Oliveira.
SportingCP, had a very good season despite the lack of titles. Ruben Semedo, William, Joao mario, adrien, Gutierrez, Slimani... All 90+ potencial, except gutierrez. Gelson is a hot prospect too!!!
In my SLBenfica, very good season aswell! Ederson, Andre almeida, lindelof, jardel, fejsa, sanches, pizzi, Jonas, all players that should rise. Ederson, lindelof and sanches, what a potencial they have!
In Other teams you have, walter gonzalez, ivo Rodrigues (FCP on loan), Jota and André Leal, Bonatini, Joao Silva (GR), Dalbert, Otavio (FCP loan), Iuri Medeiros and Palhinha (SCP loans), Andre Horta.

That's it

Just curious....

Why is Portugal reviewed after the big leagues???

Because it is the sixth best league in the world? And really its not better than Ligue 1, Portugal only has Top 3 teams + Braga, rest of the league cant compete, Ligue 1 is more competitive if you exclude PSG, they are just too dominant.

Because it is the sixth best league in the world? And really its not better than Ligue 1, Portugal only has Top 3 teams + Braga, rest of the league cant compete, Ligue 1 is more competitive if you exclude PSG, they are just too dominant.

Soooooh by that rational it should be reviewed BEFORE THE big leagues..... like France, Holland etc.....

Why is it reviewed after the big leagues?

Honestly this league is terrible quality wise I had known it was not up to much but when you actually watch it every team outside the top 4 makes it look like a world class team v amateur.

Not to mention the officials I haven't seen worse yet but this league is lucky to have players on 90 not because they're not 90 quality but because the opposition.

There's 2 players in this league who should be 91 one already has it the other is Jonas but I think think the league needs capped lowered because despite players like Mitroglu and Slimani who I absolutely love watching and would do reasonably well in the right team elsewhere are competing vs no-one and 89 would be seen as the greatest season ever. Basically what i'm saying is I think it should be capped 'just' above the Dutch league.

They Portuguese  produce super talented players you just have to look at the current u17 Euro competition to see there's real potential but the league is abysmal!

But so do Nigeria, Mali, Mexico - great at that level but boys arent becoming men. Obviously a coaching issue.

Portugal just cannot produce in numbers top goalkeepers, defenders or centre forwards.