PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

After the checking the amount of comments in the main thread (despite my efforts to avoid having them there) and PM's both through the forum and in-game, I decided to create this thread so that you ca

Otavio only deserves a +1 I think. Braga have been dropping like a stone recently which may (and probably should) affect their review.  Rahul's predictions for the big 3 are fair, so for the othe

Re: PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread It has been a great journey since 2011, great people and great fun! And well, This is my forum post number 1000! I could

Re: PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Disscusion Thread

Derby - will Carlao be staying at leiria or is there talk of him moving to a bigger club. Basically i'm wondering whether or not to sell him?

No' date=' the chairman has said Leiria won't be able to keep Carlao in the team. Germany is probably his next destiny, though Sporting is keeping tabs on him too. Keep him, for the time being.

Made me £38m across 3 setups... :D:eek:

I have to spread, but you can count on rep shortly! :o

38 million, nice B)

Is andre santos still in for a rise to 85??

Thanks in advance:)

He will return to Sporting at the end of the season. If he plays' date=' I'm sure he will sure to something close to that, perhaps even more. He is just 20 years old also, so keep him.

Are kerroushe and Pecanha worth keeping hold of DP? Great work btw, made me a few bob!

Nope, sell them both. Pecanha won't get higher than this (well, perhaps one more point, but he isn't worth the trouble) and Kerrouche is one of those one-time risers. Sell them both.

any of the risers from the smaller teams worth keeping then?

cheers

Keep Carlao, Andre Santos, Ventura, Ukra, Castro and Fabio Faria. All the others are expendable.

Whats the opinions of Patricio and Rolando?

Patricio to 89 and Rolando to 90?

Rolando it's not an excellent player, nevertheless he plays with Bruno Alves by his side and that's half way to succeed so he will definitely rise.

Patricio it's good for Sporting, and one of the best portuguese GK (that's not difficult) and I think that he will probably rise, but I'm not shure...

Good Job Derby Power. Anyway' date=' you are a bit tendentious, specially when you talk about Porto or Benfica...[/quote']

Maybe, but I did the predictions quite impartially tbh.

Whats the opinions of Patricio and Rolando?

Patricio to 89 and Rolando to 90?

Read the main thread' date=' link in my sig. You'll find my opinions listed there. Yes, both will rise to those ratings.

Rolando it's not an excellent player, nevertheless he plays with Bruno Alves by his side and that's half way to succeed so he will definitely rise.

Disagreed. Bruno Alves does make the job easier, but Rolando isn't necessarily worse because of that. He reminds me of Porto's old legend Aloisio: he is always certain, and never commits mistakes. He makes the perfect partner for any world class CB. No wonder SAF is after him, though I doubt the price speculated is true.

Patricio it's good for Sporting

Agreed on this one.

and one of the best portuguese GK (that's not difficult)

LOL, what a great joke :D

and I think that he will probably rise, but I'm not shure...

Yes, he will rise, to 89.

Maybe' date=' but I did the predictions quite impartially tbh.[/quote']

Yeah, you did a good job and I understand the reason why of some injustices, like predicting Hulk for 90, for shore, and not being shore if Di Maria it's going to 90 too. Or just not putting in equation that saviola may reach 90, he is doing really, really great this season. But I just don't want to discuss this, it will not get us anywhere.

Disagreed. Bruno Alves does make the job easier' date=' but Rolando isn't necessarily worse because of that. He reminds me of Porto's old legend Aloisio: he is always certain, and never commits mistakes. He makes the perfect partner for any world class CB. No wonder SAF is after him, though I doubt the price speculated is true.

[/quote']

In this particular case I have to disagree again, Rolando it's not bad but not good either. He makes too much mistakes such as the own goal against Marítimo. In my opinion he is just lucky because plays in Porto and with Bruno Alves.

Yes' date=' he will rise, to 89.[/quote']

I'm wouldn't be so secure of that, I guess he will but I think it's not fair that he is on the same level as Eduardo, and I think that this will be considered by the people who decides the rating changes.

These latest reviews were unbelievable... :rolleyes:

How come Hulk and Di Maria not have reach the 90? Both are stars in their respective teams, have played for the National team (Brazil and Argentina, some of the strongest in the world), have scored goals both in the league and in European cups, and some of those really state of the art goals (Hulk against Atletico and Di Maria against AEK)... It's just plain stupid they got a simple 89... But there is more. How can Alvaro Pereira and David Luiz have got just 88? How is it possible? Specially Alvaro Pereira, who plays regularly for the Uruguayan NT? Isn't Porto a Champions League team? Ramires to 90? He has won silverware with Brazil, he is an important piece in Dunga's side, and is banging in a lot of goals for a midfielder, and all he gets is a 90? And how can a player like Fernando be rated higher than Hulk? Coentrao just to 85? When he has already played for Portugal?

The only pro today was how they reviewed Braga. Everything else is just stupid.

Great job on the tread and predictions DerbyPower.

Still can't believe that they didn't move Bruno Alves up to a 93' date=' have they capped the Portuguese league at 92 do you think?[/quote']

Lucho was 93 and deserved a 94, so I was thinking they capped it at 93... Bruno Alves has single-handedly put Portugal in the WC 2010, he scores a lot of goals, he is the captain in Porto, one of the best CB in the world in my opinion... And all he has is a rating equal to that of Albiol :rolleyes::rolleyes:

There did seem to be quite a harsh rating of the teams in the league, also was there no increase for Clebao of Nacional (is this down to SM not having him recorded as a Nacional player?)

I would suspect q few tickets going in with queries over the next few days about some of the more controversially low rating changes

I also expected some of the Porto/Benfica players to go a bit higher. i'm also gutted that Ramires changed to a RM as i'm short of CM's and i've already got Lennon' date=' Pablo and Trochowski who can play on the right.[/quote']

It is understandable that his position changed, he always plays there in Benfica's diamond formation. He can still play on the CM role, so don't worry.

thanks for all the help on this thread' date=' i got some good risers out of it, shame about Bruno Alves though, i also thought he would finally get to 93.[/quote']

You're welcome, although I feel I redundantly fail when it came to the big ratings. :o

There did seem to be quite a harsh rating of the teams in the league' date=' also was there no increase for Clebao of Nacional (is this down to SM not having him recorded as a Nacional player?)[/quote']

Clebao was sold due to discipline issues I think.

I would suspect q few tickets going in with queries over the next few days about some of the more controversially low rating changes

I won't bother with it. They don't care. If they didn't raise Lucas after all the fuss around him, I'm not seeing why they would do so with Bruno Alves or Hulk.

People power succeeded in getting Zavon Hines an extra rise last time, I'm sure if enough of us send in tickets for the likes of Alvaro Pereira, Hulk and Di Maria at least one of them will get to the levels they deserve! ;)

That's harsh... Bruno Alves and Hulk, I hate Brazilian footballers usually.... but those made it through my mind to the shelf of bright players... how on earth Bruno didn't hit 92, while Toulalan have been 93 for ages?

Hulk, if it's 91... I would say he deserve it, if it's 90, I'll say it's okay he got a future...but 89?!?! wth! :(