PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

After the checking the amount of comments in the main thread (despite my efforts to avoid having them there) and PM's both through the forum and in-game, I decided to create this thread so that you ca

Re: PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread Like I use to do before every season, I will make a list about players that I think are worth to keep an eye on or to buy. I h

Re: PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread It has been a great journey since 2011, great people and great fun! And well, This is my forum post number 1000! I could

Guest TOM_HEMY

Re: PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Disscusion Thread

He is a bit paradigmatic' date=' either he plays very well, or goes unnoticed through most of the game. With Sporting out of the Champions League, I wouldn´t put my hands on the fire for Mati to get a 90.[/quote']

cheers mate, will he keep his 89 though?

Is there any reason Maicon isn't playing anymore or Porto cos i dont think he has appeared in any of their games yet this season. Is he injured or just not being picked??? And if so is he worth keeping anymore??? Cheers for help in advance ;).

Is there any reason Maicon isn't playing anymore or Porto cos i dont think he has appeared in any of their games yet this season. Is he injured or just not being picked??? And if so is he worth keeping anymore??? Cheers for help in advance ;).

He had a one match ban to serve in the beginning of the league, and Bruno Alves and Rolando are the starting duo. We are only 3 fixtures up still with no cup games played, so it is normal. When the schedule becomes tighter, he will play. Like I said in my prediction, I expect great things from Maicon, but not on his first year. He won´t play regularly unless an injury occurs to the starting pair.

FC Porto will give minutes to play for every player on the squad, either it be on the league, shield/cup or champ league.

FC Porto usually does no lesser than 50 games per season, sometimes 60, so... plus the internacional players, some player(s) play in the national team, but not in FC Porto as a regular. B)

The players that were summoned to their national teams(10!!!), the 10 combined will turn the world 4 times making 150m km, 13 days before facing Chelsea :eek:

Still, FC Porto is used to be a pionner in football, bringing the best of his coach and team managerial skills.

I bet on a draw 1-1 with Chelsea :rolleyes: but we can get the win, we just hav to hold our breath as much as we can.

RUMO AO PENTA 2005 - 2010

FC Porto will give minutes to play for every player on the squad' date=' either it be on the league, shield/cup or champ league.

FC Porto usually does no lesser than 50 games per season, sometimes 60, so... plus the internacional players, some player(s) play in the national team, but not in FC Porto as a regular. B)

The players that were summoned to their national teams(10!!!), the 10 combined will turn the world 4 times making 150m km, 13 days before facing Chelsea :eek:

Still, FC Porto is used to be a pionner in football, bringing the best of his coach and team managerial skills.

I bet on a draw 1-1 with Chelsea :rolleyes: but we can get the win, we just hav to hold our breath as much as we can.

RUMO AO PENTA 2005 - 2010[/quote']

Hey mate, long time no see :).

Yup, you got everything there. It is the price to be a big club. Uruguay x Colombia will be an interesting match to watch, because they count with 5 Porto players in the starting XI (Guarin, Falcao, Rodriguez, Alvaro Pereira and Fucile). B)

About Chelsea, I doubt we´ll win or draw in England :o. I hate when Porto has to play there. Still, I think we can aim for a good result at our home :)

Hey mate' date=' long time no see :).

Yup, you got everything there. It is the price to be a big club. Uruguay x Colombia will be an interesting match to watch, because they count with 5 Porto players in the starting XI (Guarin, Falcao, Rodriguez, Alvaro Pereira and Fucile). B)

About Chelsea, I doubt we´ll win or draw in England :o. I hate when Porto has to play there. Still, I think we can aim for a good result at our home :)[/quote']

Nyc 2 see u 2 bro :)

Yh, Porto is a better club than Chelsea, but they have better main squad athletes, and money, lots of money... and entusiastic fans, like we are :D

I´d say Porto should play in 4231

-------------------------Falcão--------------------------

--------------------------------------------Hulk----------

Cristian Rodriguez--------Belluschi-------------------------

-----------------Meireles---------------------------------

----------------------------Fernando---------------------

Alvaro Pereira-------------------------------------Fucile--

-----------------Bruno Alves------Rolando-----------------

-------------------------Helton---------------------------

Tough, professor Jesualdo Ferreira is more likely to play 433 wing

-------------------------Falcão---------------------------

Cristian Rodriguez--------------------------------Hulk------

----------------------------------Belluschi-----------------

-------------------Meireles--------------------------------

--------------------------Fernando------------------------

Alvaro Pereira----------------------------------------Fucile

--------------------------Helton---------------------------

Nyc 2 see u 2 bro :)

Yh' date=' Porto is a better club than Chelsea, but they have better main squad athletes, and money, lots of money... and entusiastic fans, like we are :D

I´d say Porto should play in 4231

-------------------------Falcão--------------------------

--------------------------------------------Hulk----------

Cristian Rodriguez--------Belluschi-------------------------

-----------------Meireles---------------------------------

----------------------------Fernando---------------------

Alvaro Pereira-------------------------------------Fucile--

-------------------------Helton---------------------------

Tough, professor Jesualdo Ferreira is more likely to play 433 wing

-------------------------Falcão---------------------------

Cristian Rodriguez--------------------------------Hulk------

----------------------------------Belluschi-----------------

-------------------Meireles--------------------------------

--------------------------Fernando------------------------

Alvaro Pereira----------------------------------------Fucile

--------------------------Helton---------------------------[/quote']

It´s the same thing, really. Bellushci tends to play as a AM even in the 4-3-3, so... The usual 4-3-3 is fine. And against that defence Chelsea has, Varela will need to play. Varela/Hulk on the wings should do damage B).

It´s the same thing' date=' really. Bellushci tends to play as a AM even in the 4-3-3, so... The usual 4-3-3 is fine. And against that defence Chelsea has, Varela will need to play. Varela/Hulk on the wings should do damage B).[/quote']

4-2-3-1 its not the same as 4-3-3 bro, this formation which is most suitable for teams playing possession / control oriented football with patient build-up, reasonably lower tempo, short passing and foccusing attacks wider down the flanks. Both MCs should be able to act either as DM or as MC. AMC most oftenly has a playmaking role and is playing slightly more withdrawn than wingers which should provide crosses and/or drift into the box as second strikers. Lonely CF could be either strong or quick, ideally combination of both.

Other version is so-called narrow 4-2-3-1 with no wingers but 3 AMCs and is more suitable for playing quick, counter-attacking style. In this case, when the team breaks the attacking action of its opponent, two side AMCs quickly put themselves into wider (wing) positions to make them self more available for direct through balls from deeply positioned teammates. Central AMC most oftenly act as supporting striker. 4-2-3-1 and 4-1-2-3 (or 4-1-4-1, based on temperament).

While 433 wing is a more attacking option than a 4-5-1 or 4-2-3-1 (and the like), however the formation can be converted to either of those whenever defence is a priority over attack. This formation requires a traditional big man or #9 up front as a target man and to hold the ball up. The three midfielders can either be a combination of two attacking and one holding/defensive, or vice-versa.

Its a very broad formation, can be used by teams and have very different connotations, 433, 451, 4231 and 4141 are all variations on this standard formation.

Many variations with chelsea playing a more defensive game with orthodox wingers and lots of width, whilst barcelona play with wingers who are more strikers and cut in alot, the lack of width is fixed by extremly attacking fullbacks. Generally a very rounded formation with plenty of room for change. Nearly every team in the world plays a form of this or 442.

When you have the right tools (players) you can make big things with that system.. if you dont have those tools it can be catastrophic! requires 2 wingers very fast and very good with the ball on their feet able to go one-2-one with the defender.. also you need 3 midfielders with very good stamina and good passing game.

the key point of that system is the OFFENSIVE DEFENCE THAT ALL PLAYERS MUST FOLLOW.. when the ball is lost the wingers must press the defenders the midfielders must go up close to the box and defenders up close to the midfield.. that it doesn t allow the opponent to have time to think and calm the game.. and also the most important the wingers stay up and close to the box cause if they come behind the midfield and start defending there the forward of the team is going to be isolated and the wingers too far from the box.. it will end up looking more like 4-5-1 and not 4-3-3. My personal opinion only few teams in the world can play this system with sucess.

If the passing game fails, it can be disastrous for the team because midfielders cannot provide enough coverage. If one midfielder goes forward and loses possession, opponents can launch lightning attack which is very devastating, because there are only 2 midfielders left.

Thats why i definitly agree on using 4-2-3-1 instead of 4-3-3 agaisnt such a powerfull team in the midfield area like Chelsea.

4-2-3-1 its not the same as 4-3-3 bro' date=' this formation which is most suitable for teams playing possession / control oriented football with patient build-up, reasonably lower tempo, short passing and foccusing attacks wider down the flanks. Both MCs should be able to act either as DM or as MC. AMC most oftenly has a playmaking role and is playing slightly more withdrawn than wingers which should provide crosses and/or drift into the box as second strikers. Lonely CF could be either strong or quick, ideally combination of both.

Other version is so-called narrow 4-2-3-1 with no wingers but 3 AMCs and is more suitable for playing quick, counter-attacking style. In this case, when the team breaks the attacking action of its opponent, two side AMCs quickly put themselves into wider (wing) positions to make them self more available for direct through balls from deeply positioned teammates. Central AMC most oftenly act as supporting striker. 4-2-3-1 and 4-1-2-3 (or 4-1-4-1, based on temperament).

While 433 wing is a more attacking option than a 4-5-1 or 4-2-3-1 (and the like), however the formation can be converted to either of those whenever defence is a priority over attack. This formation requires a traditional big man or #9 up front as a target man and to hold the ball up. The three midfielders can either be a combination of two attacking and one holding/defensive, or vice-versa.

Its a very broad formation, can be used by teams and have very different connotations, 433, 451, 4231 and 4141 are all variations on this standard formation.

Many variations with chelsea playing a more defensive game with orthodox wingers and lots of width, whilst barcelona play with wingers who are more strikers and cut in alot, the lack of width is fixed by extremly attacking fullbacks. Generally a very rounded formation with plenty of room for change. Nearly every team in the world plays a form of this or 442.

When you have the right tools (players) you can make big things with that system.. if you dont have those tools it can be catastrophic! requires 2 wingers very fast and very good with the ball on their feet able to go one-2-one with the defender.. also you need 3 midfielders with very good stamina and good passing game.

the key point of that system is the OFFENSIVE DEFENCE THAT ALL PLAYERS MUST FOLLOW.. when the ball is lost the wingers must press the defenders the midfielders must go up close to the box and defenders up close to the midfield.. that it doesn t allow the opponent to have time to think and calm the game.. and also the most important the wingers stay up and close to the box cause if they come behind the midfield and start defending there the forward of the team is going to be isolated and the wingers too far from the box.. it will end up looking more like 4-5-1 and not 4-3-3. My personal opinion only few teams in the world can play this system with sucess.

If the passing game fails, it can be disastrous for the team because midfielders cannot provide enough coverage. If one midfielder goes forward and loses possession, opponents can launch lightning attack which is very devastating, because there are only 2 midfielders left.

Thats why i definitly agree on using 4-2-3-1 instead of 4-3-3 agaisnt such a powerfull team in the midfield area like Chelsea.[/quote']

... Ok boss. :o

just wanted to make sure' date=' is hulk bound to increase in the next rating changes? 89 or 90?

and how is carrico doing at sporting? And maicon for porto? Are they playing? Looking to offload them for cash :D

cheers[/quote']

Do not offload Carrico for cash. That would be a huge mistake. He will rise to 87 :). As for Hulk, I think a 90 still depends on his CL performances. He surely wll rise, but I´m not 100% sure that he will get the 90. Just 85%... Maicon isn´t playing any games, but still, Porto has only played 3 games so far, so take it easy, I think it is too soon to sell him already :).

Cheers mate.

Do not offload Carrico for cash. That would be a huge mistake. He will rise to 87 :). As for Hulk' date=' I think a 90 still depends on his CL performances. He surely wll rise, but I´m not 100% sure that he will get the 90. Just 85%... Maicon isn´t playing any games, but still, Porto has only played 3 games so far, so take it easy, I think it is too soon to sell him already :).

Cheers mate.[/quote']

thanks alot :D

another question - what has happened to moutinho and veloso? Both of them, especially veloso were much sought after a couple of seasons back, but no big club seems to be interested atm.

thanks alot :D

another question - what has happened to moutinho and veloso? Both of them' date=' especially veloso were much sought after a couple of seasons back, but no big club seems to be interested atm.[/quote']

Arsenal, Aston Villa and Bolton were after Veloso, but their reported £10 million bid was considered insufficient by Sporting, who wanted £15 for him. Moutinho was wanted by Everton, but Sporting renewed his contract so that he would stay in the team. Being the captain and their best player, it would be extremely hard to replace him. Both are playing very well, and Veloso is being called for the Portuguese National Team again after being dropped last season.

DerbyPower' date=' I read your post about Alvaro Pereira and what he will rise to next time. Can you tell me how much he can eventually rise to, based on his potential?

Cheers. :)[/quote']

Being a regular player in FC Porto, he´s most likely to reach 89 on the next rating change. He should keep his lb/lm positional status.

DerbyPower' date=' I read your post about Alvaro Pereira and what he will rise to next time. Can you tell me how much he can eventually rise to, based on his potential?

Cheers. :)[/quote']

I believe he definitely has potential to reach 90. After that I still need to see how his career proceeds. But yes, 90/91 will most likely be his rating in a near future.

Being a regular player in FC Porto' date=' he´s most likely to reach 89 on the next rating change. He should keep his lb/lm positional status.[/quote']

Euronight, that´s not what the question was about ;).

I believe he definitely has potential to reach 90. After that I still need to see how his career proceeds. But yes' date=' 90/91 will most likely be his rating in a near future.

Euronight, that´s not what the question was about ;).[/quote']

Yh, i got the question, is just tht i rather evaluate his next rating change, than a future one, because one knows if he will be injured, if Porto will acomplish his expectations, if Uruguay will keep on calling him, there are many «if» on this... so i´d say 89/88 on the next rating change, most likely 89.

Then, the future no one knows, but he has potencial to reach 90 on two rating changes, definitly.

I cant find any stats for Portugal anywhere, im probably not looking in the right place but, could someone give me an idea of how Jorge Rolando has started this season?

.. i saw the post a few pages back about Falcao also, has he scored since, what have the performances been like?

Ned.

I cant find any stats for Portugal anywhere' date=' im probably not looking in the right place but, could someone give me an idea of how Jorge Rolando has started this season?

.. i saw the post a few pages back about Falcao also, has he scored since, what have the performances been like?

Ned.[/quote']

Yh, probably because ur not looking in the right places, u can use several football database to keep current with the player performance, i would personally recommend football-lineups for all league evaluation, click here.

Cheers m8 :)

Leixoes up, check it here: http://forum.soccermanager.com/showpost.php?p=740582&postcount=12

I highlight Vinh, great vietnamese prospect and Gallo, probably the biggest riser in Leixoes. Also, I decided not to do any notes for Leixoes, not only because there is little or no interest on Leixões´s players but also because I do not watch the lower teams games very often.