PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

After the checking the amount of comments in the main thread (despite my efforts to avoid having them there) and PM's both through the forum and in-game, I decided to create this thread so that you ca

Otavio only deserves a +1 I think. Braga have been dropping like a stone recently which may (and probably should) affect their review.  Rahul's predictions for the big 3 are fair, so for the othe

Re: PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread It has been a great journey since 2011, great people and great fun! And well, This is my forum post number 1000! I could

Re: PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread

LOL :P

Does Goal have the tendency of inventing "exclusive" interviews? :confused::P

Falcao's father never said such things. In fact, he stated that Falcao wouldn't leave Porto this season, as he would sign a new contract. And even if it was true, he would never leave to Villa or Tottenham.

So, nice try Goal.com, but it is a bit too early... :)

LOL :P

Does Goal have the tendency of inventing "exclusive" interviews? :confused::P

Falcao's father never said such things. In fact' date=' he stated that Falcao wouldn't leave Porto this season, as he would sign a new contract. And even if it was true, he would never leave to Villa or Tottenham.

So, nice try Goal.com, but it is a bit too early... :)[/quote']

It really is amusing what Goal.com come up with. I read the stuff they post just to have a laugh most of the time.

Derbypower' date=' what do you think of Andre Castro? He is a free agent in my gameworld, but is he worth buying, after his rise? Will he rise again, and will he return to Porto?[/quote']

Yes, he will rise again (to 83), and yes, he will return to Porto. Buy him as soon as possible, he is a great player.

what will happen david luiz's rating next time and in the future???

He's a safe 88. Possible 89. Linked with several bigger clubs in higher rated leagues abroad and therefore possible 90+ if (when) he leaves Benfica.

Derby, i admitted falcao was a great player. You placed him on the same level as the best players in the world as you said "In football, you have good players. Then you have players like Falcao. It's a whole new dimension.". Have you heard of a hyperbole? Now make it 100 times bigger. That is the exaggeration level of your remark.

Falcao has huge NT experience, for Colombia, one of the top south-american teams. Falcao never saw a red card in his life. Falcao is an idol in the whole argentinian country, especially for Estudiantes and Boca Juniors fans. Falcao played wonderfully in EVERY MATCH against great teams Porto had this year, especially in the two matches against Benfica (League Cup and League). Oh wait, Benfica is terrible, they're just in 1st place, much worse than Porto's 3rd place. Oh by the way, for the distracted reader, i note a very big sarcasm alert for this last paragraph.

Now seriously: Falcao is a great player (in our league, not at top league level), but sure as hell isn't super-complete.

But since I usually like to try to be democratic, let's do it this way:

Best goalkeeper: Quim

Best defender: David Luiz

Best midfielder: Ramires

Best forward: Falcao

Now don't say that "oh you're a benfica fan and can't be impartial".

GK: Eduardo had many mistakes this season (and don't say this isn't true)

Helton was irregular, injured at some points

Patricio is... Patricio

DF: i don't really see anyone else. Moises? lol. Bruno Alves? not anymore. Rolando? perhaps top 3, but not 1st.

MF: Ruben Micael? injured and was only brilliant in the first 10 matches he did for Porto. Mossoro? 2nd place IMO, injury was crucial.

FW: it would be a miracle if you gave other suggestions. (consider Saviola and Alan for the remaining podium)

Oh yeah, mark my words: David Luiz is on his to becoming on of the best CB's in the world.

He made mistakes, but only a few. Oh wait, it's ridicilous this thought: making mistakes. wow, people that make mistakes are stupid. Hmm, is everyone stupid then?

Name ONE other CB that has all these abilites:

can dribble the ball as well as him

gives away every last breath for every situation ACCURATELY

good aerial skills

His problem: sometimes he doesn't position himself well

Oh and Derby, if you can give a reply to this post giving arguments in favour and against your beliefs, just like i did, cudoos (don't know if you write it like this) to you.

:confused: err' date=' do you mean that Geromel is better than David Luiz? if you do, i recommend that you stop watching football :P[/quote']

Well... It is a fact: Geromel plays against the likes of Ribery, Marin or Kiessling. David Luiz plays against... who?

Besides, that statement doesn't make sense as you have never seen Geromel play. I remember his times in Guimaraes, but he has improved much since then I believe, and I do not know where he stands at the moment, in qualitative terms. Juventus was after him last summer, so he must be good.

EDIT: Transfermarket values Geromel (http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/pedro-geromel/leistungsdaten/spieler_32568.html) higher than David Luiz (http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/david-luiz/profil/spieler_46741.html). And Koln is a bottom half Bundesliga team...

Well... It is a fact: Geromel plays against the likes of Ribery' date=' Marin or Kiessling. David Luiz plays against... who?

Besides, that statement doesn't make sense as you have never seen Geromel play. I remember his times in Guimaraes, but he has improved much since then I believe, and I do not know where he stands at the moment, in qualitative terms. Juventus was after him last summer, so he must be good.

EDIT: Transfermarket values Geromel ([url']http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/pedro-geromel/leistungsdaten/spieler_32568.html[/url]) higher than David Luiz (http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/david-luiz/profil/spieler_46741.html). And Koln is a bottom half Bundesliga team...

He might be headed to Sporting for Yannick and cash.

He might be headed to Sporting for Yannick and cash.

That would be a ridicolous move by Sporting.

Will all know that Yannick isn't the player with a great constency, but on his day he is very good and could easily be playing for a big team with that form. Anyway, why give away a player who could develop into a great player if he gets consticensy for a player who in my opinion wouldn't be a starter for Sporting and yes, I'm serious ;)

Fernando Belluschi' date=' do you think he will rise, i liked him when he played in Greece, not really know anything about portugal football, and thanks already. :D[/quote']

No, he won't rise. He was good in Greece, but he hasn't done well in Porto. Much of that can be blamed on the formation of Porto's, he doesn't fit there. He is being used as Lucho, but his playing-style isn't like Lucho's, so therefore he hasn't been good. However, he gets the games and especially now with Ruben Michael's injury, he is getting opportunities, so he should stay.

Well... It is a fact: Geromel plays against the likes of Ribery' date=' Marin or Kiessling. David Luiz plays against... who?

[/quote']

oh now you even play the role of a psychic? i have seen geromel play, i watch a lot of german football. he is good(ish), but come on... David Luiz... geez...

If you want to make that parallel with the players he faces in the Bundesliga, easily you see that Benfica and Porto (at least) level the top Bundesliga teams, but aren't better nor worse, Braga mid-top, Sporting and Guimaraes mid-low. Logos, David Luiz faced players like Falcao, Hulk, Liedson (hey you saw that? i complimented a Porto player again! try that, the other way round, every now and then), which are not easy to mark, and he was imponent against all of them.

P.S.: this proves how accurate websites about transfer rumours are:

http://www.footballpress.net/?action=read&idsel=59795 :P

oh now you even play the role of a psychic? i have seen geromel play' date=' i watch a lot of german football. he is good(ish), but come on... David Luiz... geez...

If you want to make that parallel with the players he faces in the Bundesliga, easily you see that Benfica and Porto (at least) level the top Bundesliga teams, but aren't better nor worse, Braga mid-top, Sporting and Guimaraes mid-low. Logos, David Luiz faced players like Falcao, Hulk, Liedson (hey you saw that? i complimented a Porto player again! try that, the other way round, every now and then), which are not easy to mark, and he was imponent against all of them.

P.S.: this proves how accurate websites about transfer rumours are:

[url']http://www.footballpress.net/?action=read&idsel=59795[/url] :P

Right. I bet you watch tons of Koln's games ;)

Yes, David Luiz faced players like Hulk, Liedson or Falcao. Occasionally. Not week in, week out like Geromel in the Bundesliga. It's a different level of competition. I said it once and I'll repeat it: I don't see David Luiz performing that good outside Portugal. Specially in a league like EPL, and La Liga to a certain extent, although it would be easier in Spain than in the UK.

Right. I bet you watch tons of Koln's games ;)

Yes' date=' David Luiz faced players like Hulk, Liedson or Falcao. Occasionally. Not week in, week out like Geromel in the Bundesliga. It's a different level of competition. I said it once and I'll repeat it: I don't see David Luiz performing that good outside Portugal. Specially in a league like EPL, and La Liga to a certain extent, although it would be easier in Spain than in the UK.[/quote']

He would be good in La Liga. He is also very technical, so I cannot see any reasons for him failing in La Liga. Geromel may play against bigger players, but has he done better in Bundesliga than what David Luiz has done in EL? No.