PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread

Re: PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread

What do you see happening with Andre Castro in the future? Will he go back out on loan' date=' or become a starter for Porto next season?[/quote']

For starters, Castro will rise to 83. The possibility of him returning to Porto next season is extremely high, and he should have first team opportunities accordingly. He is a great player with a great future, and you should keep him.

Hi. What about :

MIGUEL VITOR' date=' Angelo CB-RBDC/DD 20 85

SIDNEI, Rechel CBDC 20 87[/quote']

Both of them have not featured too much this season and one or both will probably drop by one.

Agreed.

Hi. What about :

MIGUEL VITOR' date=' Angelo CB-RBDC/DD 20 85

SIDNEI, Rechel CBDC 20 87[/quote']

i agree with what was said, yet i believe that both players are talented and have a good future ahead. Miguel Vitor will probably be one day starter for the NT with Carriço (similar age). Sidnei cost €5 millions (and only 50% of his rights). In the long term i suggest loaning him out to some club, in the short term sell them.

DerbyPower,

Read your other thread about Rui Patricio. Wanted to clarify on here, is he highly likely to rise to 89? And I've also read from this thread, during the debate on best GK in the Liga Sagres, saying Rui Patricio as being Rui Patricio. Is that good or bad statement? ;)

Do you think he can be a future 90+ some day? Or is it looking increasingly unlikely seeing as he has failed to hold down a spot for the national team.

Thanks

DerbyPower' date='

Read your other thread about Rui Patricio. Wanted to clarify on here, is he highly likely to rise to 89? And I've also read from this thread, during the debate on best GK in the Liga Sagres, saying Rui Patricio as being Rui Patricio. Is that good or bad statement? ;)

Do you think he can be a future 90+ some day? Or is it looking increasingly unlikely seeing as he has failed to hold down a spot for the national team.

Thanks[/quote']

I think he will rise. Or he should at least. If Ricardo was 90 at Sporting, there is no reason why Patricio wouldn't be rated at least 89.

Well, Patricio is... Patricio. :P

He ain't a bad goalkeeper, no. He is just a bit... meh. He has more embarrassing moments than any other goalkeeper in Portugal (except Cassio), which explains why some people here despise him. I think he has quality, and could be a good goalie in the future, at least a 90 rated one, but he wouldn't be my first, nor second, nor third choice if I had to chose the best GK in Portugal.

Ok, Leixoes is finished, and all the Portuguese teams predictions are complete.

Leixoes here: http://forum.soccermanager.com/showpost.php?p=837295&postcount=19

Main thread: http://forum.soccermanager.com/showthread.php?t=44596

So, what balance do I predict in these ratings change? On one hand it will be interesting to see the high rated players rating change, but on the other hand, moneymaking-wise this edition will be very poor (just Kleber from Maritimo and little else). I hope I still have time to compile the prospects and best buys section. :)

I compiled all the potential +3 players under 80 points of rating (money makers), and the list is, as stated above, very poor and nothing compared to the last one. Here are them nevertheless:

Saleiro (Sporting; +3/4)

Kleber (Maritimo; +7)

Edgar Costa (Nacional da Madeira; +3/4)

Joao Real (Naval; +3/4)

Bruno Di Paula (Paços de Ferreira; +3)

Pizzi (Braga; +3)

Adriano (Rio Ave; +4)

Nelson Oliveira (Benfica; +4/5)

Collin (Setubal; +3/4)

Andre Almeida (Belenenses; +3)

Yero (FC Porto; +3)

The must keeps are basically Kleber, Edgar Costa, Pizzi, Nelson Oliveira and Yero.

I think he will rise. Or he should at least. If Ricardo was 90 at Sporting' date=' there is no reason why Patricio wouldn't be rated at least 89.

He ain't a bad goalkeeper, no. He is just a bit... meh. He has more embarrassing moments than any other goalkeeper in Portugal (except Cassio), which explains why some people here despise him. I think he has quality, and could be a good goalie in the future, at least a 90 rated one, but he wouldn't be my first, nor second, nor third choice if I had to chose the best GK in Portugal.[/quote']

Add to that a bad defence of Sporting and you see why they aren't doing that well. I agree about Patricio. He is (or atleast used to) be over-rated by many on here. Especially last season, beacuse he started the games for a top club in Portugal.

Derby ... considering how conservative SM have been lately (e.g. the Dutch league) ... do you think there is a chance Saviola won't rise to 90?

Many thanks.

Saviola has been great at Benfica, but he has been injured lately, which could possibly make him stay at 89, but I still think he is worth 90. He may not have scored as many goals as Cardozo, but he doing alot in the game and is often assisting Cardozo and Saviola is very move-able in order to make give his team-mates more space. He has been awarded with the Player of The Month award back in December '09, which sums up how good he's been in Portugal. He should rise in my opinion.

I think he will rise. Or he should at least. If Ricardo was 90 at Sporting' date=' there is no reason why Patricio wouldn't be rated at least 89.

He ain't a bad goalkeeper, no. He is just a bit... meh. He has more embarrassing moments than any other goalkeeper in Portugal (except Cassio), which explains why some people here despise him. I think he has quality, and could be a good goalie in the future, at least a 90 rated one, but he wouldn't be my first, nor second, nor third choice if I had to chose the best GK in Portugal.[/quote']

Add to that a bad defence of Sporting and you see why they aren't doing that well. I agree about Patricio. He is (or atleast used to) be over-rated by many on here. Especially last season' date=' beacuse he started the games for a top club in Portugal.[/quote']

Thank you two for the replies. I guess I'll take a chance and sign Rui Patricio and hope he does get a 89, although a 88 is not a low rating for a Sporting CP starter considering their average season :o

Derby ... considering how conservative SM have been lately (e.g. the Dutch league) ... do you think there is a chance Saviola won't rise to 90?

Many thanks.

He will rise' date=' don't worry.

Thank you two for the replies. I guess I'll take a chance and sign Rui Patricio and hope he does get a 89, although a 88 is not a low rating for a Sporting CP starter considering their average season :o

Well, even if he stays as an 88, he will surely get 89 next season, so either way you're not making a bad signing.

Guest Raines

I compiled all the potential +3 players under 80 points of rating (money makers)' date=' and the list is, as stated above, very poor and nothing compared to the last one. Here are them nevertheless:

Saleiro ([b']Sporting[/b]; +3/4)

Kleber (Maritimo; +7)

Edgar Costa (Nacional da Madeira; +3/4)

Joao Real (Naval; +3/4)

Bruno Di Paula (Paços de Ferreira; +3)

Pizzi (Braga; +3)

Adriano (Rio Ave; +4)

Nelson Oliveira (Benfica; +4/5)

Collin (Setubal; +3/4)

Andre Almeida (Belenenses; +3)

Yero (FC Porto; +3)

The must keeps are basically Kleber, Edgar Costa, Pizzi, Nelson Oliveira and Yero.

You predict Laude Pinheiro Kleber to go up 7 to 83 from 76, have I got that right? Just wanted to check this with you as I'm not sure if I've got the right player.

You predict Laude Pinheiro Kleber to go up 7 to 83 from 76' date=' have I got that right? Just wanted to check this with you as I'm not sure if I've got the right player.[/quote']

Correct. He is one of the revelations in our league this season.

Guest Raines

Another thing, are Maritimo in the top division of Porteguese football? I can't tell by their ratings.

So he's a talent as well? What can you see him doing next season? I'm in a ultra competitive setup and cash is always useful but if he's a deffo keeper I will :)

Another thing' date=' are Maritimo in the top division of Porteguese football? I can't tell by their ratings.[/quote']

Yes. They will represent Portugal in Europa League.

So he's a talent as well? What can you see him doing next season? I'm in a ultra competitive setup and cash is always useful but if he's a deffo keeper I will :)

Yes, keep him if you don't need cash. He should be around 85 next season, and he will definitely move to a bigger club by then.

Yes' date=' keep him if you don't need cash. He should be around 85 next season, and he will definitely move to a bigger club by then.[/quote']

Nice one, cheers DP :)

Hopefully they will get better luck than P. Ferreira did last season. One match in Kazakhstan, another in Isreal, only to lose after spending thousands of euros in trips. the qualifying system is ridiculous at some points.

Maritimo is better than Paços anyway so hopefully we will have all 5 portuguese teams in European cups

Hey guys

Do you think Alan of Braga will get a posistional change in the next ratings as on some sites he is listed as a forward rather than just a winger but maybe that isn't the case? Also, I know he is getting on a bit but does he have the potential to be a 90+ player if he carries on his current form?

Thanks and keep up the good work.:)

Hey guys

Do you think Alan of Braga will get a posistional change in the next ratings as on some sites he is listed as a forward rather than just a winger but maybe that isn't the case? Also' date=' I know he is getting on a bit but does he have the potential to be a 90+ player if he carries on his current form?

Thanks and keep up the good work.:)[/quote']

No, Alan will remain as a winger.

He will rise +1, but I don't see Alan ever get 90, let alone 90+... We'll see.

Re: PORTUGAL - 1st Division extensive thread

how sure are you that Victorio MAXI PEREIRA will rise to 90? im thinking about buying him

Maxi Pereira has deserved the 90 because is extremely resistant and has held on a very good shape for the past 3 years. This season he was champion and the most used RB, and he is also starting very consistently for Uruguay for the past times so his 90 is 95% guaranteed, i'd say.

Wait for Derby's opinion to be sure.

are there any risers in the high 70 or early 80 who will rise into the 80? (around 83-85?)

Check the main thread, link in my sig. And just for the matter, don't post there.

Also, you can check the previous page of this thread, and you'll a small list I complied about the best cheap risers in Portugal. The list is weak though, be advised, because there aren't many decent risers in Portugal this term.