PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread

Re: PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Disscusion Thread

how do you rate ventura of olhanese(spelling?) is the other keeper injured or something?

does he has the class to play for porto?

humongous thread BTW (couldn't read all) :D

Very pertinent question. For me Ventura is the new Vitor Baia. He is on loan to Olhanense and is playing as a starter so he should rise to ~80.

Finished Academica now. Check the lastest post here: http://forum.soccermanager.com/showthread.php?p=742817#post742817

Like Leixoes, there isn´t much interest in Academica. Bischoff is a good prospect and possibly a decent riser. Otherwise there isn´t any player wroth it.

Finished Academica now. Check the lastest post here: http://forum.soccermanager.com/showthread.php?p=742817#post742817

Like Leixoes' date=' there isn´t much interest in Academica. Bischoff is a good prospect and possibly a decent riser. Otherwise there isn´t any player wroth it.[/quote']

Bischoff, as in Amaury Bischoff, who played for us (Arsenal) last season?

Looked like a 'pass & move' attacking midfielder (in the mould of a typical Arsenal 'winger') the few times I saw him play.

Bischoff' date=' as in Amaury Bischoff, who played for us (Arsenal) last season?

Looked like a 'pass & move' attacking midfielder (in the mould of a typical Arsenal 'winger') the few times I saw him play.[/quote']

Correct. He moved to Academica on a free transfer. Looked like a good prospect to me in a couple of U-21 games he made with Portugal that I saw.

Correct. He moved to Academica on a free transfer. Looked like a good prospect to me in a couple of U-21 games he made with Portugal that I saw.

LOL. After all the claims about Sporting being interested in him, he joins... Academica? :D

Sneering aside, I guess it's a good move as far as getting regular football is concerned. Is he still involved with the U21s?

LOL. After all the claims about Sporting being interested in him' date=' he joins... Academica? :D

Sneering aside, I guess it's a good move as far as getting regular football is concerned. Is he still involved with the U21s?[/quote']

Sporting opted not to make a move on him. I guess it was just speculation. I doubt he could have snapped a place in the first team against the likes of Izmailov, Vukcevic or Moutinho anyway.

Well, he was with the previous U-21 manager, Rui Caçador, but with the new manager, Oceano, he seems to have been ruled out. The midfield starters are Castro as a DM, Adrien as a CM, Ukra and Fabio Coentrao as Wingers/RM/LM. João Aurelio (one of Portugal's best risers this ratings change) seems to be in front of him as well.

Like Leixoes' date=' there isn´t much interest in Academica. Bischoff is a good prospect and possibly a decent riser. Otherwise there isn´t any player wroth it.[/quote']

i don´t agree with you. I think Licá is a very good prospect and i think Emidio Rafael and Bischoff will drop, not rise.

greetings e VIVA A BRIOSA!

i don´t agree with you. I think Licá is a very good prospect and i think Emidio Rafael and Bischoff will drop' date=' not rise.

greetings e VIVA A BRIOSA![/quote']

Ah, greetings, interesting to see an Academica fan on these bands :).

So, I´ll explain my thought on those players to you:

I think Academica won't finish on the same place as last year. Far from it. I definitely think they will finish on a double digit spot. As such, Academica won't be so positively reviewed as last year. This should be the first thing to note.

Lica, having played two games as a sub and one as a starter (subbed eventually though), doesn't seem to be capable of grabbing a unquestionable starting spot before the ratings change. A +3 seems fine. I will still update my predictions twice before the reviews, so I still have time to change my mind in case he starts playing more regularly and scores some goals.

Emídio Rafael and Bischoff are 70's players, which in a 1st division team rarely suffer drops in ratings. Bischoff is currently injured but I believe he will start playing very soon, thus my rising prediction. As for Emidio, a couple of Cup games are more than enough for a small rise. Plus, he played a lot of games for his previous club, Portimonense, that weren´t adjusted to his rating yet as well.

Cheers mate

Ah' date=' greetings, interesting to see an Academica fan on these bands :).

So, I´ll explain my thought on those players to you:

I think Academica won't finish on the same place as last year. Far from it. I definitely think they will finish on a double digit spot. As such, Academica won't be so positively reviewed as last year. This should be the first thing to note.

Lica, having played two games as a sub and one as a starter (subbed eventually though), doesn't seem to be capable of grabbing a unquestionable starting spot before the ratings change. A +3 seems fine. I will still update my predictions twice before the reviews, so I still have time to change my mind in case he starts playing more regularly and scores some goals.

Emídio Rafael and Bischoff are 70's players, which in a 1st division team rarely suffer drops in ratings. Bischoff is currently injured but I believe he will start playing very soon, thus my rising prediction. As for Emidio, a couple of Cup games are more than enough for a small rise. Plus, he played a lot of games for his previous club, Portimonense, that weren´t adjusted to his rating yet as well.

Cheers mate[/quote']

with such fundamentation, all i have to do is agree. Emidio Rafael hasn´t played not even a minute in Academica. and i predict him to play very little (nevertheless he is a good player), but in terms of being played in portimonense .. ok.

Bischoff is not garanteed he will be playing. All i have to say is that academica has 8 (!) players for the center midfield (transition players) - tiero, cris, nuno coelho (another riser), etc. But i agree he will be playing, and he certainly will rise, if only by the reason he is the only number "10" in the team..

João Ribeiro is a player that can rise. If the coach (i think this one will not be around much more time) finally stick miguel pedro or Lito in the bench, he can be a great surprise. Very good player.

Licá is worldwide recognized (check olheiros.net, p.e.) as a great promise. 20 years, he already has a sub-21 call, he scored at the lusofonia games, and he is playing many minutes with this coach. he has to develop a lot, specially to play as a striker.

But i agree with your reasons, no doubt. It´s just a punch, a feeling i have about this players.

[]

with such fundamentation' date=' all i have to do is agree. Emidio Rafael hasn´t played not even a minute in Academica. and i predict him to play very little (nevertheless he is a good player), but in terms of being played in portimonense .. ok.[/quote']

Yup, even if he plays very little, he should at least start half a dozen of games. That joint with the Portimonense game time, should grant him a +2.

Bischoff is not garanteed he will be playing. All i have to say is that academica has 8 (!) players for the center midfield (transition players) - tiero, cris, nuno coelho (another riser), etc. But i agree he will be playing, and he certainly will rise, if only by the reason he is the only number "10" in the team..

I thought Tiero was more of a attacking player (Striker/Winger) than properly a CM? I still remember his goal against Benfica. Sweet :D

João Ribeiro is a player that can rise. If the coach (i think this one will not be around much more time) finally stick miguel pedro or Lito in the bench, he can be a great surprise. Very good player.

I have to disagree. He used to be a great promising player when he played in Porto youth team (labelled as the new Figo), but he kind of stagnated in his development as a player. If he didn´t play regularly in Naval, which is worse than Academica, than he'll hardly play now. And Miguel Pedro is much better than him. Lito is still a good player... but getting old.

Licá is worldwide recognized (check olheiros.net, p.e.) as a great promise. 20 years, he already has a sub-21 call, he scored at the lusofonia games, and he is playing many minutes with this coach. he has to develop a lot, specially to play as a striker.

I wouldn´t say "worldwide", but yeah, he is a good prospect. But like you say, he still has a lot to develop, so I think he will slowly gain a good rating - not immediately. For now a small rise seems in order.

But i agree with your reasons, no doubt. It´s just a punch, a feeling i have about this players.

Sure thing mate, it´s always nice to debate with someone who holds knowledge on Portuguese football :).

I Thought Tiero was more of a attacking player (Striker/Winger) than properly a CM? I still remember his goal against Benfica. Sweet :D

I have to disagree. He used to be a great promising player when he played in Porto youth team (labelled as the new Figo)' date=' but he kind of stagnated in his development as a player. If he didn´t play regularly in Naval, which is worse than Academica, than he'll hardly play now. And Miguel Pedro is much better than him. Lito is still a good player... but getting old.

I wouldn´t say "worldwide", but yeah, he is a good prospect. But like you say, he still has a lot to develop, so I think he will slowly gain a good rating - not immediately. For now a small rise seems in order.

Sure thing mate, it´s always nice to debate with someone who holds knowledge on Portuguese football :).[/quote']

(tiero) lol. previous point, i have some affection for Benfica.. sorry :)

But talking serious, he is somewhat offensive (because of his technique and velocity) but he is definitely a center midfield (médio de transição), well «worked» by Domingos (great coach, by the way.. i miss him. :o )

(joão ribeiro). well, there are some reasons. João Ribeiro played in the first season.. (and well if i may say ). what happened is that he criticized some options made by the «managers» of Naval 1º de Maio.. in the newspapers. He was fined, with another disciplinary issues pending, etc. It was only because of that he didn´t played not even a minute since then. But there are many developments about this case. Because he is sub-23, and he "played" at least 3 years in Naval, they have the right to be compensated about his «formation», development, whatever.. Of course that when the president offered the contract renewal (assumption for the formation rights), he rejected it liminary. Academica, in the meantime, was trying to get him, but without paying, naturally.. :).

With this purpose, the player signed with a 2nd league team of Cyprus (amateur team, because if it was professional, they would have to pay the formation rights), and one month later he was loaned do Academica. And well, that´s the end of the story...

I hope he will show that this was only a stumbling block in his way

(licá)hehe, this is a fan overstatement, of course. but i know you got the idea..

take care. it´s nice to talk to someone who knows something about football, once.

(tiero) lol. previous point' date=' i have some affection for Benfica.. sorry[/b'] :)

Ow, you shouldn't have said that :). I lost around 50% of my previous consideration for you :P.

But talking serious, he is somewhat offensive (because of his technique and velocity) but he is definitely a center midfield (médio de transição), well «worked» by Domingos (great coach, by the way.. i miss him. :o )

Oh, right then. I had a wrong idea that he was a striker. Yeah, great start by Domingos in the League. It would be nice if Braga won the title. A bit unlikely, but at least it would change the routine of Porto always winning it :o.

(joão ribeiro). well, there are some reasons. João Ribeiro played in the first season.. (and well if i may say ). what happened is that he criticized some options made by the «managers» of Naval 1º de Maio.. in the newspapers. He was fined, with another disciplinary issues pending, etc. It was only because of that he didn´t played not even a minute since then. But there are many developments about this case. Because he is sub-23, and he "played" at least 3 years in Naval, they have the right to be compensated about his «formation», development, whatever.. Of course that when the president offered the contract renewal (assumption for the formation rights), he rejected it liminary. Academica, in the meantime, was trying to get him, but without paying, naturally.. :).

I wasn't aware of all those problems he had. And correct me if I´m wrong, but I thought he was just on loan to Academica?

With this purpose, the player signed with a 2nd league team of Cyprus (amateur team, because if it was professional, they would have to pay the formation rights), and one month later he was loaned do Academica. And well, that´s the end of the story...

I hope he will show that this was only a stumbling block in his way

...and that explains my question :). I hope he has luck. Maybe it was the best option to part ways with Porto. We have too many wingers and I feel that the likes of Ukra and Diogo Viana have more possibilities of integrating Porto's first team squad in the near future than João Ribeiro.

(licá)hehe, this is a fan overstatement, of course. but i know you got the idea..

Yeah, I get it, for me Hulk is worth 100M too :P.

take care. it´s nice to talk to someone who knows something about football, once.

You too my friend. Feel free to check the thread again and give your opinion whenever you feel up to it :).

Ow' date=' you shouldn't have said that :). I lost around 50% of my previous consideration for you :P.

Oh, right then. I had a wrong idea that he was a striker. Yeah, great start by Domingos in the League. It would be nice if Braga won the title. A bit unlikely, but at least it would change the routine of Porto always winning it :o.

I wasn't aware of all those problems he had. And correct me if I´m wrong, but I thought he was just on loan to Academica?

...and that explains my question :). I hope he has luck. Maybe it was the best option to part ways with Porto. We have too many wingers and I feel that the likes of Ukra and Diogo Viana have more possibilities of integrating Porto's first team squad in the near future than João Ribeiro.

Yeah, I get it, for me Hulk is worth 100M too :P.

You too my friend. Feel free to check the thread again and give your opinion whenever you feel up to it :).

[/quote']

:D. yep, can´t help it.. Birth or childhood defects. But If some briosa fan watch this.. oh boy, i will be nicknamed chameleon for the rest of my life. :o

But Academica de Coimbra in first place, always.

not only in Braga. We´ve finished at 7th. not bad, for the players he had! about the title... For someone used to struggle for avoiding relegation. i just say.. savour it while you can. because Briosa is rising (just have to dismiss Rogerio Gonçalves, lol) hehehe!

well, i must recall that he is not linked with Porto many years ago. He was linked with Naval. Maybe it was a trade like the one of Nuno Coelho. he came with no costs to Academica, but Porto will have 50% (+/-) of a future sell..

Sincerely, i like Helder Barbosa, Pitbull, and many others more than Ukra and Diogo Viana (brilliant future this one.. 2,5 M for 50 % of Postiga + Diogo Viana pass, oh my gosh.. what a great trade!!).. they still have to grow more.. and more after that.

hehehe, notthin to say, but He has been further of that, tough :rolleyes:

i will, oh, by the way, i almost forgot, Miguel Pedro can have technique, but he is one of the worst in the team. believe me. He looses so many passes, so many goals, he falls so often.. he can´t be that good. I prefer sougou 1000 times. And almost everyone agree with me in this one. You just need to sit in the «estadio cidade de coimbra», and you will see the reaction of the people when he is playing..

Lito is getting old alright, he is another one that has to may failures in the opponent area. what is curious is that he is still one of the fastest. So he is usefull..

[]. sorry, but im getting used to this multi-quote thing.

:D. yep' date=' can´t help it.. Birth or childhood defects. But If some briosa fan watch this.. oh boy, i will be nicknamed chameleon for the rest of my life.

But Academica de Coimbra in first place, always.[/quote']

Oh, don't worry, there are like, what, 3 or 4 Portuguese users in this forum, at most? All the rest are "bifes" ;).

not only in Braga. We´ve finished at 7th. not bad, for the players he had! about the title... For someone used to struggle for avoiding relegation. i just say.. savour it while you can. because Briosa is rising (just have to dismiss Rogerio Gonçalves, lol) hehehe!

Yeah, I know, it was a great place for Academica. And you managed to steal points to both Sporting and Benfica. Hehehe, I remember Peskovic´s godly exhibitions then :D. Things don't look too positive this year though. 1 point in 3 games... :o. Agreed about Rogerio Gonçalves. He wasn't the best choice to replace Domingos. Dauto Faquirá or Tulipa would be better. Well, at least Gonçalves won't be the first manager to be fired. Naval's Ulisses Morais was the first one, lol.

well, i must recall that he is not linked with Porto many years ago. He was linked with Naval. Maybe it was a trade like the one of Nuno Coelho. he came with no costs to Academica, but Porto will have 50% (+/-) of a future sell..

Sincerely, i like Helder Barbosa, Pitbull, and many others more than Ukra and Diogo Viana (brilliant future this one.. 2,5 M for 50 % of Postiga + Diogo Viana pass, oh my gosh.. what a great trade!!).. they still have to grow more.. and more after that.

He was until 2 years ago or something. It was then we decided to cut our contract with him. And I wasn´t aware that Nuno Coelho was sold to Academica. I thought he was just on loan? :confused:

Yeah, we really managed to trick Sporting in this one. Postiga is a nullity, hehehe. Diogo Viana was their best prospect up with Ibrahim and Carriço. Still, we only have 50% of Diogo Viana´s rights.

hehehe, notthin to say, but He has been further of that, tough :rolleyes:

We are thinking of adapting the old Mantorras slogan to Hulk. "Deixem jogar o Hulk" :D. It is sad the amount of assassin tackles he receives.

i will, oh, by the way, i almost forgot, Miguel Pedro can have technique, but he is one of the worst in the team. believe me. He looses so many passes, so many goals, he falls so often.. he can´t be that good. I prefer sougou 1000 times. And almost everyone agree with me in this one. You just need to sit in the «estadio cidade de coimbra», and you will see the reaction of the people when he is playing..

Wasn't he close to sign with Nacional da Madeira? I don't watch Academica´s games except when those are against Porto, so I had the impression he was allright.

"He looses so many passes, so many goals, he falls so often..." That would be Academica's version of Mariano Gonzalez? :P

Sougou is good. He played better in União de Leiria though.

Lito is getting old alright, he is another one that has to may failures in the opponent area. what is curious is that he is still one of the fastest. So he is usefull..

He is 34 years old already. How the hell is he your fastest player? :confused::D Older than him only Pedro Roma. He retired this season though. A shame, such a charismatic player...

Yeah' date=' I know, it was a great place for Academica. And you managed to steal points to both Sporting and Benfica. Hehehe, I remember Peskovic´s godly exhibitions then :D. Things don't look too positive this year though. 1 point in 3 games... :o. Agreed about Rogerio Gonçalves. He wasn't the best choice to replace Domingos. Dauto Faquirá or Tulipa would be better. Well, at least Gonçalves won't be the first manager to be fired. Naval's Ulisses Morais was the first one, lol.[/quote']

I saw daúto faquirá in the stadium a few times, watching academica. he was one of the choices, but the president prefered Rogério. By the way, that decision caused 2 «layoffs?»/ demissions in the management structure.

He was until 2 years ago or something. It was then we decided to cut our contract with him. And I wasn´t aware that Nuno Coelho was sold to Academica. I thought he was just on loan? :confused:

Yeah' date=' we really managed to trick Sporting in this one. Postiga is a nullity, hehehe. Diogo Viana was their best prospect up with Ibrahim and Carriço. Still, we only have 50% of Diogo Viana´s rights.[/quote']

Yep, cost 0 :)

about ibrahim, i think he underdeveloped.. i expected more from him. But let me see him in the first team..

We are thinking of adapting the old Mantorras slogan to Hulk. "Deixem jogar o Hulk" :D. It is sad the amount of assassin tackles he receives.

The destiny of the great players.. i think he is similar to some great portuguese players.. always complaining :D:p

Wasn't he close to sign with Nacional da Madeira? I don't watch Academica´s games except when those are against Porto' date=' so I had the impression he was allright.

"He looses so many passes, so many goals, he falls so often..." That would be Academica's version of Mariano Gonzalez? :P

Sougou is good. He played better in União de Leiria though.[/quote']

yes he was. I´ve praised him to go. but i don´t have any luck. it is because Manuel Machado like him (miguel pedro best years). I think the same about mariano. I don´t understand JEsualdo´s fixation. Good analogy.

I have a good story with mariano. at a Academica- Porto. Mariano running in the right and me and my friend shouting: MARIANO, MARIANO, MARIAAANNNOO!! he looks at us .. and we.. well we made the famous «pirete» lol. He laughs and claps his hands. It was funny. lol

He is 34 years old already. How the hell is he your fastest player? :confused::D Older than him only Pedro Roma. He retired this season though. A shame' date=' such a charismatic player...[/quote']

yep strange. Only sougou is fastest. Pedro Roma is still registered in the liga. He can play. What is a shame is that he wanted to play one more year, nobody talked to him.. and he didn´t had a game to say farewell. but ok. he is now goalkeeper coach and formation´s director.

greetings"

Guimaraes done. Check it here: http://forum.soccermanager.com/showpost.php?p=743834&postcount=14

Just like Academica and Leixões, there aren't interesting players around here because basically the starters are the same as last year which cuts the number of risers substantially. Maritimo next.

4 MUST BUYS!!90 + players

hulk everyone know about him the new ronaldo (brazilian) massive strength velocity have to work in the finalization and can be a 95+ player

85 21 Daniel Carrico is a wonderkid solid defense can be the new Ricardo Carvalho so many quality!key member of Sporting.I preditc for now 88

84 23 years old Ruben Micael is massive he is Pure class is a box to box with very quality of pass and good vision of the game) For now only +2 for 86 maybe 87 but i dont trust that because he must go for 3 biggers in Portugal tohave a decent rate.

He can reach de national team .

83 21 years old Fabio Coentrao until magic player (he can reach now 86 /87) and are linked to bigger clubs like Chelsea ) He have the same style of Quaresma

Players to watch. Hugo Viana(class) Amaury Bischoff João Pereira Evaldo,Sereno ,Gustavo Lazaretti Tiago Luis(linked to Real 2 years after),Targino,Eduardo(number one GK of Portugal)88 now i predict +1 89.

Here is the prediction i wrote on him in case you didn´t read it already:

For me Varela is the best signing for Porto until now. Youth product of Sporting' date=' he came on a free transfer from Estrela da Amadora after an amazing season given the conditions stated above. He and Nuno Andre were the leaders of the team. Varela´s style of play is very similar to Drogba, hence is nickname earned in Estrela, "Amadora´s Drogba". So far in the pre-season he has been one of, if not THE, best player in the squad. He knows that if he wants to pick up a place in the squad he will have to work very hard, and that´s exactly what he is doing. He is also very humble, a characteristic that I appreciate a lot in players. I put him up to an 87 because even if he doesn´t pick up a starting spot, I guess that he will be used a lot due to his characteristics, mainly his mobility in the attack, which Jesualdo appreciates much. Should he win his first cap with the National Team, something that would be everything but surprising, then I put him up to a 88. I wholeheartedly recommend his signing.

It answers both your questions ;)[/quote']

varela seems to have started very well for porto, good shout on him!

varela seems to have started very well for porto' date=' good shout on him![/quote']

Yup, and scored another goal tonight. I personally think he is a serious contender for the Portuguese League "Signing of the Season". Specially since he came to Porto on a free transfer.