PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

After the checking the amount of comments in the main thread (despite my efforts to avoid having them there) and PM's both through the forum and in-game, I decided to create this thread so that you ca

Otavio only deserves a +1 I think. Braga have been dropping like a stone recently which may (and probably should) affect their review.  Rahul's predictions for the big 3 are fair, so for the othe

Re: PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread It has been a great journey since 2011, great people and great fun! And well, This is my forum post number 1000! I could

Re: Respuesta: PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread

Is Coentrao any good?

He has been linked with Madrid for the past few days.

Is he a future 93+? Thanks

He is good. But 93+? I don't think so. He has potential for 90+, and that's good enough.

Mourinho has dismissed such reports already.

Re: PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread

Ok, what do you think his rating will be in 3 years time? (I know it won't be 100% accurate, but wha't his potential in 3 years time?) SERGIO OLIVEIRA, Miguel

Ok' date=' what do you think his rating will be in 3 years time? (I know it won't be 100% accurate, but wha't his potential in 3 years time?) SERGIO OLIVEIRA, Miguel[/quote']

I'd risk something like 88+. But like you say, it's difficult to predict.

yeah' date=' and I got an £11m bid in a GC for him! :confused::D

I was right to accept, wasn't I...?[/quote']

Humm, depends. Do you needed the money? Is that GC competitive? I believe Andre Santos will be rated 90 or thereabouts in two seasons.

Humm' date=' depends. Do you needed the money? Is that GC competitive? I believe Andre Santos will be rated 90 or thereabouts in two seasons.[/quote']

Ah, well I have £20m in the bank, and it's a GC so the money would be useable straight away (will have to wait for UnManaged clubs etc.)

So I've gone and done the immoral thing and canceled the deal, cheers. :o:)

Ah' date=' well I have £20m in the bank, and it's a GC so the money would be useable straight away (will have to wait for UnManaged clubs etc.)

So I've gone and done the immoral thing and canceled the deal, cheers. :o:)[/quote']

Aye, I think it was the best choice. He really stand out in Leiria this season, and I expect him to do the same now that he is back in Sporting. But of course, if you get a more spicy deal for him, you should consider it. ;)

Just looking at Veloso as a left back...

Is he more of a DM and can play LB if need be, wouldn't want to buy him if he didn't like that position ;) Meaning will he end up as LB long term or is he a natural DM.

Cheers

Just looking at Veloso as a left back...

Is he more of a DM and can play LB if need be' date=' wouldn't want to buy him if he didn't like that position ;) Meaning will he end up as LB long term or is he a natural DM.

Cheers[/quote']

Forget about Veloso if you want him as a LB. He will never have it as his primary position, and I'm not even sure if it will stay as his secondary one for much longer.

Derby and Porto fans in general, tell me, what do you about the whole "Andre Villas Boas confirmed in Porto" thing? Is he the best option? Or even a good one?

Btw, great thing happened to me today: saw Jesualdo Ferreira himself sitting in a corner of a gas stations' coffee shop reading the newspaper. i was going to congralute him for his work but never actually did.

Derby and Porto fans in general' date=' tell me, what do you about the whole "Andre Villas Boas confirmed in Porto" thing? Is he the best option? Or even a good one?

Btw, great thing happened to me today: saw Jesualdo Ferreira himself sitting in a corner of a gas stations' coffee shop reading the newspaper. i was going to congralute him for his work but never actually did.[/quote']

We're optimistic about him actually. It's been a while since we had a manager born in Porto who is a childhood supporter of the team. That makes me proud, and I'd bet that's the reason why he didn't accept Sporting's invitation :)

But of course, there are some sceptical fans, as usual. However I think that if Villas-Boas can win the Supercup against Benfica, he'll have the masses right behind him for the remaining of the season.

We're optimistic about him actually. It's been a while since we had a manager born in Porto who is a childhood supporter of the team. That makes me proud' date=' and I'd bet that's the reason why he didn't accept Sporting's invitation :)

But of course, there are some sceptical fans, as usual. However I think that [b']if Villas-Boas can win the Supercup against Benfica, he'll have the masses right behind him for the remaining of the season[/b].

I agree, it will be a very determinant match. Should Benfica win, everyone will think that this great Benfica came to stay and Porto will have another poorer season. Should Porto win, everyone will say that Benfica is just like in the past times and Porto will have a great season again. That is just the opinion of the masses. I believe that it will not define the season, although the confidence will be strengthened with a rival against the arch-rival

Will Francisco Fernando of FC Porto rise ?

And will he be a 92+ DM in the future ?

He won't rise for now. This thing about predicting the future is somehow silly, because SM doesn't really rate the players solely according to their abilities. The clubs performance is the decisive factor. If Fernando stays in Porto, the 92 is far, far away. If Fernando moves to a club with more european visibility, the 92 is quite closer. And Fernando isn't really a player with many transfer market possibilities, as he is very highly priced because of his age and not anyone likes a player like Fernando.

Hey Derby' date=' need your help again ... can you tell me your thoughts regarding Zarko Tomasevic ? Is he anything special ?

I'm wondering if he's a long term keeper.

Thanks. :)[/quote']

if you don't mind that i give my opinion as well, i believe that Tomasevic isn't really a talent. He is no more than average, probably will hang around clubs of similar quality like Nacional, which doesn't mean that he can't achieve a higher rating. I wouldn't keep him long term, even if i were in a rich club.

if you don't mind that i give my opinion as well' date=' i believe that Tomasevic isn't really a talent. He is no more than average, probably will hang around clubs of similar quality like Nacional, which doesn't mean that he can't achieve a higher rating. I wouldn't keep him long term, even if i were in a rich club.[/quote']

Don't mind at all. :) That's the problem, it's not a rich club ... and I was trying to decide whether to keep or sell him.

I know it's hard to say, but since you've seen him play I'd be interested to know what will his peak be in your opinion ? Any chance he'll get to the high 80s anytime soon if ever?

Hey Derby' date=' need your help again ... can you tell me your thoughts regarding Zarko Tomasevic ? Is he anything special ?

I'm wondering if he's a long term keeper.

Thanks. :)[/quote']

Nope, not really. He should rise some more next season, up to 84 or something, but I can't see him beyond that.

Cheers.