PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread

Re: PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread

Apparently after impressing for the Algerians at the World Cup, Arsene Wenger is looking into bringing in Halliche of Benfica (he was on loan to either Olhanense or Nacional last season) as a reserve CB.

Can you please tell me something to indicate that this isn't a completely disastrous (purported, I'm hoping this is just a nonsense rumour) move, considering that both aren't exactly 'up there' in the Liga Sagres when it comes to defensive records... :o

Once again, thanks in advance DP! :D

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

After the checking the amount of comments in the main thread (despite my efforts to avoid having them there) and PM's both through the forum and in-game, I decided to create this thread so that you ca

Otavio only deserves a +1 I think. Braga have been dropping like a stone recently which may (and probably should) affect their review.  Rahul's predictions for the big 3 are fair, so for the othe

Re: PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread It has been a great journey since 2011, great people and great fun! And well, This is my forum post number 1000! I could

Apparently after impressing for the Algerians at the World Cup' date=' Arsene Wenger is looking into bringing in Halliche of Benfica (he was on loan to either Olhanense or Nacional last season) as a reserve CB.

Can you please tell me something to indicate that this isn't a completely disastrous (purported, I'm hoping this is just a nonsense rumour) move, considering that both aren't exactly 'up there' in the Liga Sagres when it comes to defensive records... :o

Once again, thanks in advance DP! :D[/quote']

he better not :mad: ^^

hoping Falcao will have another good season as i have him in 1 of my teams hopefully another 1+

Apparently after impressing for the Algerians at the World Cup' date=' Arsene Wenger is looking into bringing in Halliche of Benfica (he was on loan to either Olhanense or Nacional last season) as a reserve CB.

Once again, thanks in advance DP! :D[/quote']

Hahahahahahahahaha... HAHAHA

I think you're not seeing the picture here... Halliche? In the EPL? In Arsenal? HAHAHAHA

It's indirectly from YoungGuns, which (sadly) is surprisingly accurate and truthful when it comes to first team transfers... :(

Hope they'ev got this wrong, as this is taking a step up only to be dragged down into the basement... :o

It's indirectly from YoungGuns' date=' which (sadly) is surprisingly accurate and truthful when it comes to first team transfers... :(

[b']Hope they'ev got this wrong[/b], as this is taking a step up only to be dragged down into the basement... :o

Oh, I hope they got it right. Maybe Arsenal will bring Titus Bramble too. Then you'd have a world class CB duo. :D

Oh' date=' I hope they got it right. Maybe Arsenal will bring Titus Bramble too. Then you'd have a world class CB duo. :D[/quote']

Lol, Titus, behave. That said, he's awesome at times, good reliable CB, but had to much hype.

So what's happening with Kleber? He's signed for Porto, but is he going to be loaned out or play a bit-part role?..

And people say that Wenger lacks ambition... :D

:D

So what's happening with Kleber? He's signed for Porto' date=' but is he going to be loaned out or play a bit-part role?..[/quote']

Porto bought his rights, yes, but he has a valid one-year-long loan contract with Maritimo. Since this contract was signed before we purchased Kleber, we are trying to convince their chairman to release him. The problem is that the chairman demands money in order to do it. Instead of money we want to loan Orlando Sa to Maritimo. We'll see how this develops...

:D

Porto bought his rights' date=' yes, but he has a valid one-year-long loan contract with Maritimo. Since this contract was signed before we purchased Kleber, we are trying to convince their chairman to release him. The problem is that the chairman demands money in order to do it. Instead of money we want to loan Orlando Sa to Maritimo. We'll see how this develops...[/quote']

Orlando Sa.. now theres a kid I remember with so much promise. Hope he doesn't do a Titus :D

How much is the Martimo chairman after? Surely Porto could stump up 500k or so. I want to see Kleber take Falco's throne :D Realisticly, I'd love to see him make a great impression scoring some important goals along the way.

Cheers DP.

Orlando Sa.. now theres a kid I remember with so much promise. Hope he doesn't do a Titus :D

How much is the Martimo chairman after? Surely Porto could stump up 500k or so. I want to see Kleber take Falco's throne :D Realisticly' date=' I'd love to see him make a great impression scoring some important goals along the way.

Cheers DP.[/quote']

Maritimo's chairmen is said to be looking for a fee in the region of 1.2 million euros. LOL. We could buy one Fernando OR two Rolandos OR 1/3 Falcaos with that kind of money. :D

He'll break, trust me.

Kleber taking Falcao's throne? I'd like to see that too. Because it would mean that Kleber was destroying our league. :D

Nah, Kleber should be a great sub. He needs to eat a lot of vegetables before he can replace our Colombian God. B)

That was my reaction too...

If this would have been Veloso, I could have seen that, but Moutinho... WOW.

From what I've seen before of him, IMO, he certainly can be better than Meireles (and definitely better than Veloso). I was sure that he'd join a bigger club than Sporting sooner or later, but THIS.... From a darling to a villain :o

Now I'll definitely try to watch the next Sporting vs Porto match :D

If this would have been Veloso' date=' I could have seen that, but Moutinho... WOW.

From what I've seen before of him, IMO, he certainly can be better than Meireles (and definitely better than Veloso). I was sure that he'd join a bigger club than Sporting sooner or later, but THIS.... From a darling to a villain :o

Now I'll definitely try to watch the next Sporting vs Porto match :D[/quote']

It is extremely awkward for me... I'm used to insult Moutinho when we face Sporting. Now I'll have to... Cheer him? What?? :confused:

I think that some people do not understand what this implies... It is a DIRECT transfer from one club to another. Moutinho is Sporting's captain... In English terms, it would be something like Gerrard joining United...

which club will meireles go to?

Possibly a Spanish club... But some English clubs have been sniffing around too.

It is extremely awkward for me... I'm used to insult Moutinho when we face Sporting. Now I'll have to... Cheer him? What?? :confused:

I think that some people do not understand what this implies... It is a DIRECT transfer from one club to another. Moutinho is Sporting's captain... In English terms' date=' it would be something like Gerrard joining United...[/quote']

If it's not in one of the big leagues, no one in here cares :rolleyes::P

It's a great coup for Porto, but I think they'll be hated even more now. Just out of curiosity, what's the reported sum of transfer? Surely, it has to be over 15m!

According to Sic Noticias Porto already bought him..:confused: Porto will never pay 22,5M for a player.. even if we sell Meireles for 70M we will never waste that in one player.. that 20M would be more better spent in Anderson.. But as Moutinho is unhappy with the club, Sporting need cash and Porto's president like him, we can buy him for 10M+Prediguer+Tomás Costa+Pelé.. ;)

Costinha already working for Porto :P

If it's not in one of the big leagues' date=' no one in here cares :rolleyes::P

It's a great coup for Porto, but I think they'll be hated even more now. Just out of curiosity, what's the reported sum of transfer? Surely, it has to be over 15m![/quote']

It seems to be money plus players... Nothing is clear for now.

According to Sic Noticias Porto already bought him..:confused: Porto will never pay 22' date='5M for a player.. even if we sell Meireles for 70M we will never waste that in one player.. that 20M would be more better spent in Anderson.. But as Moutinho is unhappy with the club, Sporting need cash and Porto's president like him, we can buy him for 10M+Prediguer+Tomás Costa+Pelé.. ;)

Costinha already [i']working[/i] for Porto :P

Add our remaining 50% of Postiga's rights... :P