PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread

Re: PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Disscusion Thread

Would I be right to presume Rui Fonte isn't worth hanging on to?

No' date=' you would be wrong. He is a great prospect. Momentaneously he isn't playing as a starter playing in Setubal, but I can see him eventually claiming a first team place. I think he will be a good riser, if not this ratings change, in the next for sure.

Quick question, if you have to choose between Carrico and Miguel Vitor who would you rather sign?

Carrico any day of the week.

Maritimo done. It has just one decent riser (Pecanha) and the remaining players will either stay or drop. There are still some interesting players in the squad who haven't been added to the database though.

Next I will update Porto, Sporting and Benfica, because they are the most interesting teams and they were the first to be done, so they may be a bit inaccurate right now.

Hi Derby power I would just like to know if you think Silvestre Varela is going to hold on to his first team spot? I know hes playing realy well right now. I have the chance to buy him but he would be 3rd or 4th choice in my team right now . Do you think if he stays fit and plays well he can reach 89/90 in two or three changes time if so he would be a good investment for my team. Thanks a lot :)Great thread by the way.

Hi Derby power I would just like to know if you think Silvestre Varela is going to hold on to his first team spot? I know hes playing realy well right now. I have the chance to buy him but he would be 3rd or 4th choice in my team right now . Do you think if he stays fit and plays well he can reach 89/90 in two or three changes time if so he would be a good investment for my team. Thanks a lot :)Great thread by the way.

It is unlikely that he will hold his first team spot with Rodriguez back to his maximum fitness level. However he has been playing enough time and showing enough quality to show that he is able to play in the first team. So I guess he will always be the first man to be subbed in and whenever Hulk and Rodriguez are unavailable, he will play in their places. The first cap with the national team should come soon too. And next year it is very likely that he wins a first team spot, so I trust in a 89/90 in three ratings change. I'd say buy him ASAP.

Hey DP, can you tell anything about Filipe Andre Santos of Leiria?

20yo, RM rated 74 &, from the info i can find, he appears to have played every minute of Leiria's first 3 games (awaiting info on yesterday's drubbing of Setubal, Carlao surely must have got on the scoresheet?).

I stumbled across him when checking on Carlao's progress this season. I guess there should be a few others at Leiria that will get reasonable rises too. I know it will depend on Leiria doing ok now they are in the top flight, but still unbeaten after 4 games so the Europa league beckons haha!

Hey DP' date=' can you tell anything about Filipe Andre Santos of Leiria?

20yo, RM rated 74 &, from the info i can find, he appears to have played every minute of Leiria's first 3 games (awaiting info on yesterday's drubbing of Setubal, Carlao surely must have got on the scoresheet?).

I stumbled across him when checking on Carlao's progress this season. I guess there should be a few others at Leiria that will get reasonable rises too. I know it will depend on Leiria doing ok now they are in the top flight, but still unbeaten after 4 games so the Europa league beckons haha![/quote']

Andre Santos is a Sporting player, he is just on loan to Leiria. Correct, he has played every single minute of Leiria's season so far, so I guess a rise to low 80's is in order. Plus, being a Sporting player he may be worth hanging on to. And yes, Carlão got on the scoresheet yesterday. He has bagged 2 goals in 4 games this season, plus the 11 goals in 12 games he managed to get in the second division, which haven't been adjusted to his rating yet. Also, a player named Kalaba, international for Zambia (isn't your wife from there?) also scored a goal and seems a good prospect. He is low rated so he is worth to keep an eye on.

Leiria has quite some risers. The two teams which get promoted every year always have the best risers. I haven't done them yet, but my guess is that there should be 4-5 good risers in Olhanense and Leiria (for instance Carlao and Andre Santos in Leiria and Ventura in Olhanense). I shall do them soon. I have no rush anyway as the Portuguese ratings change are still a few months away.

Glad to see your update regarding Bruno Alves is good. Need to cash in on either Mexes and Bruno Alves for one of my teams and I have been thinking it very carefully for quite some time. Will follow Bruno Alves progress on your thread before making a decision. :)

Glad to see your update regarding Bruno Alves is good. Need to cash in on either Mexes and Bruno Alves for one of my teams and I have been thinking it very carefully for quite some time. Will follow Bruno Alves progress on your thread before making a decision. :)

I can't pronounce myself on Mexes, but cashing in on Bruno Alves would be a mistake, because next year he will be in a top European club. Porto agreed with him reducing the asking price if he stayed on more season.

I can't pronounce myself on Mexes' date=' but cashing in on Bruno Alves would be a mistake, because next year he will be in a top European club. [b']Porto agreed with him reducing the asking price if he stayed on more season.[/b]

Thanks DerbyPower. I didn't know about the bold part. I thought the big clubs pulled the plug on any prospective Bruno Alves deal. Well, looks like Bruno Alves is similar to Chamakh of Bordeaux. He signed a new contract after failing to move to a bigger team, although the club agreed with the player that by signing a new contract, the price tag on his head will be lower should a club wish to sign him in future.

Andre Santos is a Sporting player' date=' he is just on loan to Leiria. Correct, he has played every single minute of Leiria's season so far, so I guess a rise to low 80's is in order. Plus, being a Sporting player he may be worth hanging on to. And yes, Carlão got on the scoresheet yesterday. He has bagged 2 goals in 4 games this season, plus the 11 goals in 12 games he managed to get in the second division, which haven't been adjusted to his rating yet. Also, a player named Kalaba, international for Zambia (isn't your wife from there?) also scored a goal and seems a good prospect. He is low rated so he is worth to keep an eye on.

Leiria has quite some risers. The two teams which get promoted every year always have the best risers. I haven't done them yet, but my guess is that there should be 4-5 good risers in Olhanense and Leiria (for instance Carlao and Andre Santos in Leiria and Ventura in Olhanense). I shall do them soon. I have no rush anyway as the Portuguese ratings change are still a few months away.[/quote']

Cheers. Bought Carlao at the end of last season, good to see him scoring in the top flight. Good to see both promoted sides still unbeaten & holding their own. Better get Andre Santos on board, Ventura looks a great buy too.

You remembered my Zam connection! Always good to see the Zambian players getting playing time. Rainford Kalaba is on loan from Braga. I really hope he gets a chance to show what he can do this season, he's a great little player. He's played 3 of the 4 WC qualifiers & scored his first goal, the winner agst Rwanda.

You might find this interesting (from @18 months ago though)

http://www.thezambian.com/Sports_and_Recreation/b/football/archive/2008/03/26/profile-rainford-kalaba.aspx

Thanks DerbyPower. I didn't know about the bold part. I thought the big clubs pulled the plug on any prospective Bruno Alves deal. Well' date=' looks like Bruno Alves is similar to Chamakh of Bordeaux. He signed a new contract after failing to move to a bigger team, although the club agreed with the player that by signing a new contract, the price tag on his head will be lower should a club wish to sign him in future.[/quote']

Yes exactly like Chamakh. The price tag was reduced from 30M to 20M, quite accessible for the top teams. Provided Porto does a Champions League campaign as usual, at the end of the season he should be in Spain or England.

Cheers. Bought Carlao at the end of last season' date=' good to see him scoring in the top flight. Good to see both promoted sides still unbeaten & holding their own. Better get Andre Santos on board, Ventura looks a great buy too.

You remembered my Zam connection! Always good to see the Zambian players getting playing time. Rainford Kalaba is on loan from Braga. I really hope he gets a chance to show what he can do this season, he's a great little player. He's played 3 of the 4 WC qualifiers & scored his first goal, the winner agst Rwanda.

You might find this interesting (from @18 months ago though)

[url']http://www.thezambian.com/Sports_and_Recreation/b/football/archive/2008/03/26/profile-rainford-kalaba.aspx[/url]

One more thing on Carlão that you may not know: Sporting granted transfer preference over him when they loaned Ronny to Leira. Soon he may be hoping in a top club and playing European competitions.

Interesting article on him. Well, Braga hadn't space for him in the first team with the arrival of Peña, but surely he will get more game time for Leiria now and perhaps return to Braga at the end of the season.

As for Ventura, he is playing all the games and I've labelled him as the new Vitor Baia somewhere in this thread. I'm unsure if he will return to Porto next year, with Beto still young and with a lot years in front of him and Helton still playing well, but eventually he will assume Porto's first spot as a goalie. Class goalkeeper :).

It is unlikely that he will hold his first team spot with Rodriguez back to his maximum fitness level. However he has been playing enough time and showing enough quality to show that he is able to play in the first team. So I guess he will always be the first man to be subbed in and whenever Hulk and Rodriguez are unavailable' date=' he will play in their places. The first cap with the national team should come soon too. And next year it is very likely that he wins a first team spot, so I trust in a 89/90 in three ratings change. I'd say buy him ASAP.[/quote']

Many thanks my frend I have placed my bid.( hope I get him) Is there anyone else who is not so well know that you can recommend as a longer term buy?

Ok i have just taken over Porto in the newest Gc :D and was wandering who to keep and who to sell. Ive saw your Porto review but couldn't get my head around some players expecting rises and have not made any appearance in the first 4 games. Cheers

Many thanks my frend I have placed my bid.( hope I get him) Is there anyone else who is not so well know that you can recommend as a longer term buy?

Check my brief conversation with Chipolopolo. :)

Ok i have just taken over Porto in the newest Gc and was wandering who to keep and who to sell. Ive saw your Porto review but couldn't get my head around some players expecting rises and have not made any appearance in the first 4 games. Cheers

Sell Nuno, Tomas Costa, Mariano and Farias. Keep all the others.

Check my brief conversation with Chipolopolo. :)

Sell Nuno' date=' Tomas Costa, Mariano and Farias. Keep all the others.[/quote']

Why sell Mariano hes started in 3 out of 4 games which i know of Also what about Beto will he ever take Helton's place?

Also what has happened to Cristian Rodriguez ive noticed in 4 games hes made 2 subs... has Varela replaced him?

Lastly what is Porto's starting 11.

Cheers

Would anyone be able to tell me if Francisco Fernando and Santos Ramires are doing well' date=' and also a predicted rating.

Thanks in advance[/quote']

Hello mate Fernando and ramires is doing well so far both are starting and playing well. They are safe bets to hit 90 next change too. Hope that helps :)

Hello mate Fernando and ramires is doing well so far both are starting and playing well. They are safe bets to hit 90 next change too. Hope that helps :)

Would you be able to say which one is better and more likely to be a future star???

Would you be able to say which one is better and more likely to be a future star???

Both are great players Fernando is a alot like a young Makelele ' date=' Portos middfield hard man. Ramires on the other hand is a skillfull attacking mid with a eye for goal. Both are great players in there own right and Both are going to be stars and NT players for years to come IMO if you have them keep them both if you dont then buy them quick! I like Fernando more hes a beast of a DM but thats just my opinion.[/font']