PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

After the checking the amount of comments in the main thread (despite my efforts to avoid having them there) and PM's both through the forum and in-game, I decided to create this thread so that you ca

Otavio only deserves a +1 I think. Braga have been dropping like a stone recently which may (and probably should) affect their review.  Rahul's predictions for the big 3 are fair, so for the othe

Re: PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread It has been a great journey since 2011, great people and great fun! And well, This is my forum post number 1000! I could

Re: PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread

Alvaro Pereira mate ;)

And no reason to put that smiley there. Given his quality' date=' it's absolutely natural... But Alvaro won't leave just yet.[/quote']

agree , he's a great defender overall and going forward.. i've only seen him like 6 or 7 times and he impressed me ;) especially the 1st leg against arsenal.

agree ' date=' he's a great defender overall and going forward.. i've only seen him like 6 or 7 times and he impressed me ;) especially the 1st leg against arsenal.[/quote']

Yup... I go as far as saying he and Cissokho were our best left backs in the past decade. I hope he doesn't leave just now, but if this bid is true... I'm sure that Porto will ask for another million or two and Bayern may give in :o

I read that Eduardo (GK of Braga and Portuguese NT) moved to Genua...

Is that true and how this can affect his career and rating?

He made a nice season in portugal and a very nice world cup... If portugal had done a better WC i think he could even be considered the best gk in the championship.

His move to genoa is a nice one, but genoa isn´t that good of a club so i predict he could raise to 90 or just stay at 89, he is a very good and working gk but he wont get that projection on such a low club as genoa... I could be wrong, i wish him the best, im portuguese and i live in braga hehe :D

He made a nice season in portugal and a very nice world cup... If portugal had done a better WC i think he could even be considered the best gk in the championship.

His move to genoa is a nice one' date=' but genoa isn´t that good of a club so i predict he could raise to 90 or just stay at 89, he is a very good and working gk but he wont get that projection on such a low club as genoa... I could be wrong, i wish him the best, im portuguese and i live in braga hehe :D[/quote']

I think you are wrong about Genoa. They will have a very interesting season I think. :)

Out of interest' date=' what do our knowledgeable Portuguese forumers think will be Benfica's starting lineup for the new season?[/quote']

Roberto, David Luiz, Luisão, Coentrao, Maxi Pereira, Javi Garcia, Gaitan/New signing, Ramires (?)/New signing, Aimar, Saviola, Cardozo (?)/New signing

Ramires and Cardozo should leave the team. That's why I put the question mark on them. Gaitan should play as an LM, but media speculation seems to indicate that another LM/Winger will join Benfica.

The formation is a typical 4-4-2 diamond.

I think you are wrong about Genoa. They will have a very interesting season I think. :)

I know genoa isn't bad but its just a mid table club... you got ac and inter, roma, fiorentina, juventus and then you got parma, genoa, napoli etc... that's my opinion :)

Should I keep kleber. Do you think he will get chances at porto and what do you think about his chances for a big rise. Sorry if it is already somewhere but I could not find it.

He hasn't signed for Porto yet. In Maritimo he would be a starter, but in Porto he will be behind Falcao... Keep him. He is a great prospect.

He hasn't signed for Porto yet. In Maritimo he would be a starter' date=' but in Porto he will be behind Falcao... Keep him. He is a great prospect.[/quote']

I read somewhere that he had and on SM his team is listed as porto. So is it something like he will get transferred at a future date.

Also what do you think of Walter henrique's chances. Will he get chances and can he get a rise.

I read somewhere that he had and on SM his team is listed as porto. So is it something like he will get transferred at a future date.

Also what do you think of Walter henrique's chances. Will he get chances and can he get a rise.

He will rise for his performances on Brazil anyway, so no need to wait for him to play for Porto. He should rise to 83/84 when the Portuguese ratings start.

Fucile= fantastic:)

You got a class player in your hands and he was Uruguay's best defender playing out of position:eek:

Bah... too bad he spent the whole season saving himself for the WC. :rolleyes:

He usually plays like that in Porto, but this year he had too many displicent performances... Specially at the Emirates. A pure horror movie.

I do tip him to get back his 90 though.

Does Jose Moreira have much chance of getting game time at Benfica? Enough game time to get a rise preferably. TIA :)

Nope. Roberto will be the starter, and given the investment made on him I'd go as far as saying that he will be the starter for the whole season, even if his performances get a bit fishy. Moreira will have to settle for the bench and the Cup games.

Why don't you buy Roberto instead? He should be clear for a rise to 87.

Nope. Roberto will be the starter' date=' and given the investment made on him I'd go as far as saying that he will be the starter for the whole season, even if his performances get a bit fishy. Moreira will have to settle for the bench and the Cup games.

Why don't you buy Roberto instead? He should be clear for a rise to 87.[/quote']

Unfortunately Roberto isn't available, I only asked about Moreira because I picked up a team last night and he's in the squad. I just wanted to check to make sure he wasn't going to get more game time before selling him on the cheap. Thanks for the detailed answer.

I just started with a Sporting team in a World Championship and really

don´t know the players.

The last time i watched a Sporting game Krassimir Balakov was their best player. :D

There is interest from other clubs in Andre Santos, Carlos Saleiro and

Mati Fernandez.

So i guess this are good players/risers i should keep ? Or sell for only very good offers ?

I also have Izmailov ,Pereirinha, Postiga and Liedson.

I want to keep Liedson but have bids from external clubs for the first three

and don`t know if i should keep them.Are they playing regular ?

The rest of the squad is not original sporting players anymore,

Veloso and Moutinho are at other clubs and unavailable and most of the lower rated players were sold to external clubs,

so i would like to know if there is some really talented players in the sporting squad as i have enough money to buy them back.

I don´t read this thread normally so if there is a long post about sporting 10 pages back forgive me.

Many thanks for your help.

I just started with a Sporting team in a World Championship and really

don´t know the players.

The last time i watched a Sporting game Krassimir Balakov was their best player. :D

LOL :D

There is interest from other clubs in Andre Santos' date=' Carlos Saleiro and

Mati Fernandez.

So i guess this are good players/risers i should keep ? Or sell for only very good offers ?[/quote']

Andre Santos is a great prospect, and I expect him to play a decent role in the first team this season. Same thing for Saleiro. Both should rise, but don't expect anything above +2 for them.

Matias Fernandez performed well at the WC, and he should be a real threat in Sporting's midfield this season. He definitely has what it takes to regain his lost 89.

I also have Izmailov ,Pereirinha, Postiga and Liedson.

I want to keep Liedson but have bids from external clubs for the first three

and don`t know if i should keep them.Are they playing regular ?

Izmailov won't rise, he is completely plagued with injuries... Sell him. Postiga is average, sell him as well. Pereirinha was loaned out to Guimaraes, so hold on to him for now.

Liedson is getting old, and a good offer of cash + players should be considered.

The rest of the squad is not original sporting players anymore,

Veloso and Moutinho are at other clubs and unavailable and most of the lower rated players were sold to external clubs,

so i would like to know if there is some really talented players in the sporting squad as i have enough money to buy them back.

Moutinho is in Porto now. ;)

Try to get Diogo Salomao and Carrico back. They are good.

This is mainly directed at DP, but if anyone else knows what they're talking about - feel free to give me advice. :)

So, I just picked up FC Porto in the new GC and I did not realise they had such a big squad, thus I will need to trim the younger and lower rated fringe players.

Now to my question [:P], which players would you label as 'must keeps' (not really talking about the big players, as it's obvious I should keep Merieles, Hulk, Falcao etc.) and which players are expandable?

Also, what do you see the Porto starting XI for next season being?

Thanks for your time. :)

This is mainly directed at DP' date=' but if anyone else knows what they're talking about - feel free to give me advice. :)

So, I just picked up FC Porto in the new GC and I did not realise they had such a big squad, thus I will need to trim the younger and lower rated fringe players.

Now to my question [:P], which players would you label as 'must keeps' (not really talking about the big players, as it's obvious I should keep Merieles, Hulk, Falcao etc.) and which players are expandable?

Also, what do you see the Porto starting XI for next season being?

Thanks for your time. :)

get rid of prediger , costa , farias , renteria , leandro lima , stepanov , sapanunru (spelling) , guarin , miguel lopes , emidio rafael

keep some of the youth players if you like most of them probably loaned out and get a few rises again

KEEP MICAEL