PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread

Re: PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread

@ Portugese Experts

Hey guys' date=' what are the chances of Falcao leaving Porto this window, also will 15m£ be a realistic fee, i personally watched him quite a bit last season and was very impressed, would love him on a Liverpool shirt.[/quote']

This season he won't leave. Unless a big offer comes in, like 20M € or 25...

Two new Brazilian signings for Braga: Felipe from Corinthians on a free stransfer (88 - GK) and Elton from Vasco da Gama (82 - Fwd).

They were both in by loan i think.

Felipe's pass belongs to a group of people, not a clube (i think).

Has Torsiglieri been brought in as a first choice CB? cheers

No.

The manager, Paulo Sérgio, has been choosing Polga for the starting XI, inspite of his lack of form (he is making a lot of mistakes).

I am a Sporting supporter and I think that, if our manager wants to win something, Polga must be out of the team.

So, if that happens, our CB's will be Carriço and Nuno André Coelho, with Torsglieri being the next choice...

Has Wilson Eduardo left Sporting for Beira-Mar permanently? Have not followed this thread for quite awhile so my bad.

I thought he was a talent so I was surprised to see him now on the books of Beima-Mar on a permanent basis it seems.

No, I am 99% he is on loan ;)

Has Wilson Eduardo left Sporting for Beira-Mar permanently? Have not followed this thread for quite awhile so my bad.

I thought he was a talent so I was surprised to see him now on the books of Beima-Mar on a permanent basis it seems.

Of course not, he is just on loan. He should be one of the league's decent risers too.

Just wondering if you could give me some advice on whether to keep/sell the following players.

Henrique Sereno (Porto)

Monteiro Ukra (Porto)

Fabio Coentrao (Benfica, What will he possibly rise to?)

Renato Neto (Sporting, On loan at club brugge i think)

Miguel Sergio Oliveira (Porto)

Moreno Rodrigo (Just Moved to Benfica from Real Madrid Castilla)

Also:

Joao Silva (Just moved to Everton, Has he got massive potential?)

Cheers in advance for any advice given.

I don't think Sereno is going to be a starter for Porto (although I may well be wrong) - but as Bruno Alves has moved to Zenit then clearly there's going to be a replacement there.

Coentrao is first choice for Benfica and seemingly first choice for Portugal after his world cup performances. He has a decent chance at 89 this time around - I think 90 is too early for him at the moment - plus the league he's in.

He's been linked with moves abroad - Chelsea and Bayern have been strongly linked - so there's potential for a move to a higher rated league.

Joao Silva won't get much first team game time at Everton - they normally play five in midfield leaving just the one upfront and there's Yakubu and Saha ahead of him... He has a chance for cup games etc but don't expect starts in the league just yet.

Does anyone know anything about Flavio Bruno of Pacos de Ferreira? Someone had him down as a riser a while back but he's went nowhere' date=' just wandering if I should sell him or not.[/quote']

Ah yes, Bruno Di Paula. I have no idea why he is listed as "Flávio" in the DB...

He was an important player for Paços last season, when he arrived in the January transfer window. He should rise a bit more, possibly to 80... I don't think it will be worth it to keep him, but since he is just 21 you might want to give the lad a chance.

I'm looking to sell some players in order to raise funds to buy e.g. David Luiz, Alex Song, G. Burdisso and others.

Who shold I sell? Can I sell all of them?:

Khalidou Yero 18, 74

Nelson Oliveira 19, 75

Pinheiro Kleber 20, 83

I'm looking to sell some players in order to raise funds to buy e.g. David Luiz' date=' Alex Song, G. Burdisso and others.

Who shold I sell? Can I sell all of them?:

Khalidou Yero 18, 74

Nelson Oliveira 19, 75

Pinheiro Kleber 20, 83[/quote']

Really? Those are the ones you want to sell to "raise funds"? Three kids under 21 years of age? I'm sure you can find other players in your squad to sell. There is no point in selling those when they are so behind their potential.

Really? Those are the ones you want to sell to "raise funds"? Three kids under 21 years of age? I'm sure you can find other players in your squad to sell. There is no point in selling those when they are so behind their potential.

Really

I put here guys playing in Portugal only and as I have big pack of youngsters from different countries I can get additional 10-20 mill when selling some of them (even for 300k if guy's not so prospective anymore)

Cannot even begin to tell you how shocked I am.

Specially considering that he didn't play a single official match for Vitória. He played well in the pre-season, scored a couple of goals and showed his main strengths: speed and dribbling, BUT he could be a bluff as far as I know.

Possibly the deal of the year for Vitória. Bebe came on a free transfer from a lower division side and barely played for the club. 7 million quid... Shocking!

Specially considering that he didn't play a single official match for Vitória. He played well in the pre-season' date=' scored a couple of goals and showed his main strengths: speed and dribbling, BUT he could be a bluff as far as I know.

Possibly the deal of the year for Vitória. Bebe came on a free transfer from a lower division side and barely played for the club. 7 million quid... Shocking![/quote']

So is he worth paying 2m to get him on SM?

Also, I would like to hear your opinion on Rolando, Falcao and Moutinho of Porto. I know it is a bit difficult to say at this time of the year but do they have chances to rise?

So is he worth paying 2m to get him on SM?

Also' date=' I would like to hear your opinion on Rolando, Falcao and Moutinho of Porto. I know it is a bit difficult to say at this time of the year but do they have chances to rise?[/quote']

I think so. He has the ideal playing style to impose himself in the Premier. Whether SAF will give him that chance, with 8/9 strikers ahead of him, remains to be seen.

No. Even if they perform very well and we win the league, none of them will rise. Simply because we are not in the Champions League, and players in non-CL teams, in a poor league like the Portuguese, don't get to be 92 rated, even if they excel in a team like Porto. Out of those, Rolando might be the less outstanding player, but also the one with the highest chances of rising because he is just 90 rated. But even then he needed a very good season both individually and collectively. For the 91 he needs: as many goals as last season or more (achievable), a lot less goals suffered in the overall (if we don't, we might as well handle the league away already), at least 2 out of the 4 titles we are disputing, necessarily including the Portuguese League (not difficult), and a good campaign in Europa League (say, semi-finals). I think Rolando would be able to get 91 by then. So you're seeing that the high rated players in Porto will have a tough time this season. Aside from the 89s (Hulk, Alvaro, etc.) and maybe one 90, we won't have high rated risers.

The first game of the Portuguese League is now finished and Braga won their home clash against Portimonense (3-1). They seem as strong as last year IMHO. Goals scored by Elias (Portimonense), Paulo Cesar, Matheus and Salino (Braga)

Portimonense has a lot of new players, but I need to sort out some support tickets before they get added.

Braga's most tasty riser has got to be Echiéjilé. He is 80 rated, and since his last review he managed to play the 90 minutes in all official matches for Braga (the two legs of the Champions League qualifying tie against Celtic, also scoring one goal + first fixture of the Portuguese League) plus some game time with Nigeria in the World Cup. He will continue to be a starter in Braga and I firmly believe he should rise +6 up to 86, or at least to 85. He seems like a great player.

Nice updates as always B)

Is Zapater (88) effectively Moutinho's replacement at Sporting ? and so can be expected to start the majority of games ( and hopefully rise +1/2 ). He was after all before Zaragoza's relegation , rated 90 B)

Even if he doesnt gain that, i think he is a safe buy in terms of SM. Would be interesting to see how he fills the void so to speak.

Nice updates as always B)

Is Zapater (88) effectively Moutinho's replacement at Sporting ? and so can be expected to start the majority of games ( and hopefully rise +1/2 ). He was after all before Zaragoza's relegation ' date=' rated 90 B)

Even if he doesnt gain that, i think he is a safe buy in terms of SM. Would be interesting to see how he fills the void so to speak.[/quote']

No. More like Veloso's. Moutinho's replacemente is Maniche.

Yes, he is a safe buy. He won't drop, I'm absolutely sure of that, and if he plays as a starter he is likely to get an 89. I'll surely have more conclusions after tonight. Sporting is going to play their first match in the League, and their first match since the arrival of Zapater.