PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread

Re: PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread

Another two interesting games in the first fixture of the Portuguese league saw Porto getting the victory tonight against Naval (0-1), while Sporting lost against Paços de Ferreira (1-0). Goals by Hulk (Porto) and Rondon (Paços).

I haven't got much conclusions on the risers yet. Rondon is 75, so I suppose he can rise to low 80s should he keep a place in the team. Also keep an eye on David Simao, he did wonders against Sporting tonight.

Not exactly from the Portuguese league, but the Portuguese duo playing in the Dutch league for Venlo on loan from Porto, Josue and Diogo Viana (you might remember them from my scout reports), played tonight. Josue started his second match in a row for Venlo, and Diogo Viana made the assist for the single goal which gave Venlo the victory. Both are rated under 80, and they seem set for a good season in Holland.

Has James Rodriguez featured yet for Porto? If so' date=' how's he looking?[/quote']

His international certificate hasn't arrived yet, so he couldn't be elected to play in any of the official matches we had. He will miss our match against Genk for Europa League too. The football federation of Colombia is always like this... I remember that Falcao's certificate arrived late too.

His international certificate hasn't arrived yet' date=' so he couldn't be elected to play in any of the official matches we had. He will miss our match against Genk for Europa League too. The football federation of Colombia is always like this... I remember that Falcao's certificate arrived late too.[/quote']

Thought something like that might have happened but for different reasons :)

Has James Rodriguez featured yet for Porto? If so' date=' how's he looking?[/quote']
On 6 July 2010, he was signed by F.C. Porto for €5.1million, with 30% registration rights retained by other parties. He signed a 4-year contract with a €30M release clause.[9]. On 18 July he played his first game and scored his first goal in a friendly against Ajax.

no involvement yet for Porto this season - although it's obvious he was involved with the pre-season friendlies.

Academica wins against Benfica in Luz (1-2). Great goal by Laionel' date=' just before the final whistle:

[YOUTUBE']Mnhu-8Q8HNM[/YOUTUBE]

facepalm.gif

It isn't the first time he (Roberto) does a mistake like that in the Benfica shirt;

1CIcai5hWlU&feature

facepalm.gif

It isn't the first time he (Roberto) does a mistake like that in the Benfica shirt;

1CIcai5hWlU&feature

I don't see how Roberto was at fault with Laionel's goal. And looking at that video, I want Quim back or Julio Ceasr to start ahead of him.

He wasn't that far out. Plus' date=' he had a huge gap between the defenders and himself, so he can't just stay on his goalline.[/quote']

Yes, but why go out that far when the player who has the ball is nowhere near you?

Roberto is fine where he is' date=' no need to go to the bench. I like him.[/quote']

Do you really mean that or are you saying that beacuse you support Porto?

Yes' date=' but why go out that far when the player who has the ball is nowhere near you?[/quote']

Because Laionel could have beaten all the defenders and if Roberto wasn't out, he could have scored. If he was out a bit, he might have a chance to block the shot.

Because Laionel could have beaten all the defenders and if Roberto wasn't out' date=' he could have scored. If he was out a bit, he might have a chance to block the shot.[/quote']

There was two defenders in the way for Laionel and Roberto could have had a bit more patience and see if Laionel would beat those two defenders. And also, you could see how upset he was after the goal. Just that shows Roberto knew he'd done wrong.

Do you really mean that or are you saying that beacuse you support Porto?

No, I just made the stupid mistake of buying him in one of my SM teams. I want him to keep playing so that he gets at least a +1/2, and then I'll get rid of him ASAP. I've never seen such garbage of a keeper, and trust me, I've been around when Ricardo played in Sporting.

No' date=' I just made the stupid mistake of buying him in one of my SM teams. I want him to keep playing so that he gets at least a +1/2, and then I'll get rid of him ASAP. I've never seen such garbage of a keeper, and trust me, I've been around when Ricardo played in Sporting.[/quote']

Ah, the same with me! I have him in EC 5579 :o I just hope Jorge Jesus doesn't cut him.

Ricardo was awesome at saving penalties, though.

There was two defenders in the way for Laionel and Roberto could have had a bit more patience and see if Laionel would beat those two defenders.

Anything can happen in football.

No' date=' I just made the stupid mistake of buying him in one of my SM teams. I want him to keep playing so that he gets at least a +1/2, and then I'll get rid of him ASAP. I've never seen such garbage of a keeper, and trust me, I've been around when Ricardo played in Sporting.[/quote']

I'm sure you've seen Massimo Taibi. :P

Ah' date=' the same with me! I have him in EC 5579 :o I just hope Jorge Jesus doesn't cut him.[/quote']

You can always sell him to me. ;)

Anyway, Benfica sign Eduardo Salvio on loan from Atletico Madrid. That extacly what Benfica needed. A proper winger.

Mmmmm, Raul Meireles has been left out of Porto's EL squad. Looks like he will be leaving.

Anyway' date=' Benfica sign Eduardo Salvio on loan from Atletico Madrid. That extacly what Benfica needed. A proper winger.

Mmmmm, Raul Meireles has been left out of Porto's EL squad. Looks like he will be leaving.[/quote']

Benfica are just delaying a problem. They have paid almost 3 million Euros as a loan fee, they'll support Salvio's wages, and at the end of the season he will return to Atletico and there is nothing that Benfica can do to prevent it, as there is no buy-out clause in the loan contract. Amateur negotiation if you ask me. Atletico recouped 30% of what they originally paid for Salvio, and they had to loan him anyway since they wouldn't be able to list him on the squad as a foreign.

Benfica are just delaying a problem. They have paid almost 3 million Euros as a loan fee' date=' they'll support Salvio's wages, and at the end of the season he will return to Atletico and there is nothing that Benfica can do to prevent it, as there is no buy-out clause in the loan contract. Amateur negotiation if you ask me. Atletico recouped 30% of what they originally paid for Salvio, and they had to loan him anyway since they wouldn't be able to list him on the squad as a foreign.[/quote']

Yeah, seriously what's the name of the negotiatior of Benfica? First paying 8M € for a third-keeper, who perhaps did well for six month at Zaragoza, but has so far completly failed here, and now this?! Paying 3M € for a player who will only be here for a season and Benfica still didn't get to have a buy-clause on him. I bet Atletico must be laughing all the way to the bank :rolleyes:

Saw some reports saying that Ismaylov of Sporting is on his way out after a fall out with the manager. I also read in some newspapers that Everton will get him for 4m. How likely is his departure from Sporting?

In my opinion, it's likely. He had a big fight with the general manager, Costinha, at the end of the last season. Since then, he hasn't been playing in any games and if I remember right, this incident happened in April. Nobody knows weather he is injured or is doing a 'Joao Moutinho' (training for himself) at the moment, but since he isn't used at all for Sporting and Sporting (see Costinha) don't intend to play him either, I believe he'll be gone this transfer-window. Everton seems likely, but several Russian clubs aswell are interested aswell.

Saw some reports saying that Ismaylov of Sporting is on his way out after a fall out with the manager. I also read in some newspapers that Everton will get him for 4m. How likely is his departure from Sporting?

I don't think Izmailov will get anywhere near England. You see, in order for a transfer to go through, any player must first get past his medical. ;)

Izmailov hasn't got a chance of getting through a medical at a regional club, let alone an EPL one...