PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread

Re: PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread

Great victory for Porto tonight' date=' 3-0 against Genk in the Europa League play-off. Goals by Falcao (pen), Souza (screamer from outside the box) and Belluschi (well placed shot from the edge of the area).[/quote']

yep good game :) , Souza was eating them up for breakfast :)

Nice' date=' did Hulk play and how is he looking for the next season?[/quote']

Hulk didn't play, he was allowed to leave the country at once because one of his relatives died. :(

He should get 90.

yep good game :) ' date=' Souza was eating them up for breakfast :)[/quote']

Yep, he scored a great goal. I like the kid already. :)

Strangely enough, he didn't seem to be much appreciated in his former club.

Man, Postiga drives me nuts. He misses like every opportunity he gets! If I were blind I'd still score more goals than him...

Yesterday we also saw a Mati playing on his prefered position and he did it great, just great. He was tremendous in the beginning of the first half, but after like 20 min a Danish player slightly injured him and he wasn't playing as good as he played at the beginning of the game. Evaldo also keeps destroying the reputation he has builded in Portgual. Against Pacos de Ferreira his mistake lead to a goal and now against Bröndby he made a mistake and it lead to a goal aswell. And why doesn't Paulo Sergio starts atleast one of Simon and Yannick more often, or why not start both?! I just wished Paulo Sergio would start playing a 4-2-3-1. Everyone in Sporting who's played there for a while is used to it since they've been using it often during these recent years, and it would also suit Mati alot better, and a Mati in form is a brilliant player. It would also make sure Simon and Yannick could play on the wings, and Postiga, who misses every chance, would also getting benched (although his work-rate is excellent).

Man' date=' Postiga drives me nuts. He misses like every opportunity he gets! If I were blind I'd still score more goals than him...

[b']Yesterday we also saw a Mati playing on his prefered position and he did it great, just great. He was tremendous in the beginning of the first half, but after like 20 min a Danish player slightly injured him and he wasn't playing as good as he played at the beginning of the game. Evaldo also keeps destroying the reputation he has builded in Portgual. Against Pacos de Ferreira his mistake lead to a goal and now against Bröndby he made a mistake and it lead to a goal aswell. And why doesn't Paulo Sergio starts atleast one of Simon and Yannick more often, or why not start both?! I just wished Paulo Sergio would start playing a 4-2-3-1. Everyone in Sporting who's played there for a while is used to it since they've been using it often during these recent years, and it would also suit Mati alot better, and a Mati in form is a brilliant player. It would also make sure Simon and Yannick could play on the wings, and Postiga, who misses every chance, would also getting benched (although his work-rate is excellent).[/b]

Ah, well, I wouldn't know. Only a fool would be bothered to watch Sporting at this point. ;):P

Great victory for Porto tonight' date=' 3-0 against Genk in the Europa League play-off. Goals by Falcao (pen), Souza (screamer from outside the box) and Belluschi (well placed shot from the edge of the area).[/quote']

It seems that at the start of the season, the 3 starters in Porto's midfield are Fernando, Moutinho and Belluschi. And last night, the substitution was Souza.

My question is about Ruben Micael. What is his future at the team? Even if Meireles leaves (as it seems), is he going to play a lot, like last season, or is he going to spend a long time on the bench? Until now, he seems to be 4th- 5th choice for the midfield for this season... What do you think about him?

It seems that at the start of the season' date=' the 3 starters in Porto's midfield are Fernando, Moutinho and Belluschi. And last night, the substitution was Souza.

My question is about Ruben Micael. What is his future at the team? Even if Meireles leaves (as it seems), is he going to play a lot, like last season, or is he going to spend a long time on the bench? Until now, he seems to be 4th- 5th choice for the midfield for this season... What do you think about him?[/quote']

He has been injured, that's why he hasn't played as much as the others. He has recovered now, and in case you didn't notice he made the two assists for the last two goals that Porto scored in the match. :)

I fully expect him to grab a first team place soon. But it will be tough, we have quality players in the middle this season.

Strong reports in Argentina that Otamendi is close to joining FC Porto. You getting these over in Portugal DP?

Hope you are - I think Porto will be an ideal place for him. :)

I'm wondering about those reports myself. I also have a Porto question. Will Mariano Nicholas Gonzalez ever regain a spot in the Porto team, or will he be behind Rodriguez #1 and #2 and Varela. Also, would Josef Souza be worth a large bid. I have read the last report on his cracker, I'm just wondering if he has the class to make a big bid for him? Thanks again.

While I'm here, Miguel Angelo Bura, are Porto loaning him out with the possibility of playing him in the future, or he's just making up the numbers?

Also, why do Naval carry such a huge French contingent?

Strong reports in Argentina that Otamendi is close to joining FC Porto. You getting these over in Portugal DP?

Hope you are - I think Porto will be an ideal place for him. :)

Yes' date=' the deal is almost complete. There is 90% chance that Otamendi will join Porto. I wonder if it is a wise choice though... I wasn't too impressed with Otamendi at the WC (although he wasn't playing as a centre back), and I wanted someone more experienced to replace Bruno Alves... I hope he does well.

I'm wondering about those reports myself. I also have a Porto question. Will Mariano Nicholas Gonzalez ever regain a spot in the Porto team, or will he be behind Rodriguez #1 and #2 and Varela. Also, would Josef Souza be worth a large bid. I have read the last report on his cracker, I'm just wondering if he has the class to make a big bid for him? Thanks again.

While I'm here, Miguel Angelo Bura, are Porto loaning him out with the possibility of playing him in the future, or he's just making up the numbers?

Also, why do Naval carry such a huge French contingent?

Mariano Gonzalez? No, forget about him. He's done. He was severely injured last season and he will only return in December, hardly in time to compete for a first team place even if he had the quality to do it (and it saddens me to say this).

I said to myself that Souza was going to be a heck of a player the minute I saw him touching a ball in the pre-season. Even if I'm wrong, well, he's rising to 83 next ratings change, so you'll get a small profit.

Bura is an extremely talented centre back. I wouldn't buy him for my SM team, but I would keep him if I already had him.

Experienced French manager (Victor Zvunka) and a decent scouting department in France.

Yes' date=' the deal is almost complete. There is 90% chance that Otamendi will join Porto. I wonder if it is a wise choice though... I wasn't too impressed with Otamendi at the WC (although he wasn't playing as a centre back), and I wanted someone more experienced to replace Bruno Alves... I hope he does well.

Mariano Gonzalez? No, forget about him. He's done. He was severely injured last season and he will only return in December, hardly in time to compete for a first team place even if he had the quality to do it (and it saddens me to say this).

I said to myself that Souza was going to be a heck of a player the minute I saw him touching a ball in the pre-season. Even if I'm wrong, well, he's rising to 83 next ratings change, so you'll get a small profit.

Bura is an extremely talented centre back. I wouldn't buy him for my SM team, but I would keep him if I already had him.

Experienced French manager (Victor Zvunka) and a decent scouting department in France.[/quote']

Cheers, I picked up Bura recently for 650k, as I am expecting a +4. Thank's for the replies. :)

Yes' date=' the deal is almost complete. There is 90% chance that Otamendi will join Porto. I wonder if it is a wise choice though... I wasn't too impressed with Otamendi at the WC (although he wasn't playing as a centre back), and I wanted someone more experienced to replace Bruno Alves... I hope he does well.[/quote']

Good, that's basically what I've been reading as well.

And don't worry - you should not judge him by his performance against Germany at the WC. Like you said, he was being played out of position by a tactically inept manager, and against a team with a tactically astute manager. He had no chance.

I think he'll turn out of be a very good replacement for Bruno Alves. :)

Good' date=' that's basically what I've been reading as well.

And don't worry - you should not judge him by his performance against Germany at the WC. Like you said, he was being played out of position by a tactically inept manager, and against a team with a tactically astute manager. He had no chance.

[b']I think he'll turn out of be a very good replacement for Bruno Alves.[/b] :)

I hope so. It seems we will invest quite a bit of money on him. Somiething like 6 million euros. It's 6x what we paid for Maicon and 10x what we paid for Rolando. :o

Another loss for Benfica tonight... They're in the relegation zone ATM. Ahhh' date=' this tastes just like my first candy ever. :D[/quote']

As Porto fan I've enjoyed every minute of the match :D ..but as a SM player I'm a little sad cos I've seen some supposed risers from Benfica playing very bad...

Is this the team which won the title? Were Di Maria , Ramires and Quim so important for the team?

About Quim I would say YES ... this spanish guy is not worth 8m (I think that this was his transfer fee if I remember well) .

As Porto fan I've enjoyed every minute of the match :D ..but as a SM player I'm a little sad cos I've seen some supposed risers from Benfica playing very bad...

Is this the team which won the title? Were Di Maria ' date=' Ramires and Quim so important for the team?

About Quim I would say YES ... this spanish guy is not worth 8m (I think that this was his transfer fee if I remember well) .[/quote']

Yep, it's the team that won the title alright. Ramires was very important, Di Maria not so much. Quim is nothing more than an average goalkeeper. But in comparison to this Spanish guy he is a GOD.

8,5M actually. :P

haha imagine benfica relegated :D ' date=' this is porto's year anyway[/quote']

Impossible. Heads would roll before something like that happened.

Do you think that Ruben Micael will be in first XI this season ? :(

I reckon he and Belluschi should put up a fierce fight for the starting spot. Fernando and Moutinho are untouchable in my point of view.

Yep' date=' it's the team that won the title alright. Ramires was very important, Di Maria not so much. Quim is nothing more than an average goalkeeper. But in comparison to this Spanish guy he is a GOD.

8,5M actually. :P

Impossible. Heads would roll before something like that happened.

I reckon he and Belluschi should put up a fierce fight for the starting spot. Fernando and Moutinho are untouchable in my point of view.[/quote']

8.5 M ... that's insane ...

and in my opinion , I think that Micael is better than Belluschi.

I've only seen one match this season from Porto , but I wasn't impressed at all by Belluschi. Micael can't be worse :D

Anyway, the good part is that this season I'll watch 5 matches live from Liga Sagres every week and I hope that I'll be able to get back on track with the teams and so ... it's been 2-3 years since I've last seen a live match from Portugal :o

8.5 M ... that's insane ...

and in my opinion ' date=' I think that Micael is better than Belluschi.

I've only seen one match this season from Porto , but I wasn't impressed at all by Belluschi. Micael can't be worse :D[/quote']

Belluschi has been terrific in the big matches, but he isn't as impressive in the more boring ones... Quite the opposite of what you'd expect from a player, right? Anyway I do think both are quality players, BUT... Ruben Micael edges the Argie slightly.

Anyway, the good part is that this season I'll watch 5 matches live from Liga Sagres every week and I hope that I'll be able to get back on track with the teams and so ... it's been 2-3 years since I've last seen a live match from Portugal :o

There won't be any interesting matches for now... You'll have Benfica - Sporting and Guimaraes - Benfica in a couple of weeks, and Porto x Braga in the 4th fixture.

Is Moreno Rodrigo' date=' who moved from Real Madrid Castilla to Benfica , expected to play some form of role this season.

Thanks

B)[/quote']

Nope, I don't think so. He's got too much competition. Let's see... Cardozo, Saviola, Jara, Weldon, Nuno Gomes and Salvio. Yes, he will have to sweat a lot even to play in the domestic cups.

Hey DerbyPower' date=' what are the rumours about Meireles to United now? All gone quiet or still at large?[/quote']

All gone quiet, but Meireles hasn't played for Porto yet. Albeit fully fit. I strongly suspect he won't stay in Porto for much longer... Heck, I honestly hope he doesn't stay in Porto.

Hey DerbyPower' date=' what are the rumours about Meireles to United now? All gone quiet or still at large?[/quote']
Didnt that go to bed when Fergy said he aint spending anything else.

yep Adamski is correct :P

Fergie has a interview i think it was yesterday or the day before and he said there will be no more transfers.