PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread

Re: PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Disscusion Thread

Both are great players Fernando is a alot like a young Makelele ' date=' Portos middfield hard man. Ramires on the other hand is a skillfull attacking mid with a eye for goal. Both are great players in there own right and Both are going to be stars and NT players for years to come IMO if you have them keep them both if you dont then buy them quick! I like Fernando more hes a beast of a DM but thats just my opinion.[/font']

Thank so you think he will get a posistion change because I need a CM???

Would anyone be able to tell me if Francisco Fernando and Santos Ramires are doing well' date=' and also a predicted rating.

Thanks in advance[/quote']

Yes, they are doing well. Fernando started all the games for Porto and Ramires started 3 out of 4 and scored twice. Both will hit 90.

Why sell Mariano hes started in 3 out of 4 games which i know of Also what about Beto will he ever take Helton's place?

Also what has happened to Cristian Rodriguez ive noticed in 4 games hes made 2 subs... has Varela replaced him?

Lastly what is Porto's starting 11.

Cheers

Mariano only plays because he is one of Jesualdo's favourite players. Whereas he won't drop' date=' he also won't rise, and with him ageing, I see no reason to keep Mariano.

Beto could take Helton's place eventually, yes, but it is difficult to predict when.

Rodriguez was injured but he is back at 100% now, and will probably start tomorrow's game with Chelsea. Varela replaced him temporarily, but meanwhile he showed he is a very good player, so I predict an intense fight with Rodriguez for a place, and Varela is also another reason why you should sell Mariano.

Helton-Bruno Alves-Rolando-Fucile-Alvaro Pereira-Fernando-Meireles-Belluschi-Hulk-Falcao-Rodriguez

Would you be able to say which one is better and more likely to be a future star???

I reckon Ramires could have a better near future. He plays in the NT, while Fernando will take some before he may take a place there too.

Thank so you think he will get a posistion change because I need a CM???

Fernando will remain with the same positions, Ramires could change to a CM/RM

Could you give me an update on Tiago Pinto, I heard he was on loan from a bigger club. I need to sell players, so if he is not likely to rise in the short term, I might just do that. Also, do you know anything about a player called MICHEL, Alves Baroni at Boavista. I heard about him somewhere, but I could have a wrong player here. Keep up the good work.

Could you give me an update on Tiago Pinto' date=' I heard he was on loan from a bigger club. I need to sell players, so if he is not likely to rise in the short term, I might just do that. Also, do you know anything about a player called MICHEL, Alves Baroni at Boavista. I heard about him somewhere, but I could have a wrong player here. Keep up the good work.[/quote']

Tiago Pinto moved on a permanent basis to Braga. He is currently injured though. About Michel, the name doesn't sound strange to me, but Boavista is playing in the regional championships, so it is unlikely that he still plays in Portugal.

who is first choice lb at porto and will he rise?

Look, I appreciate the comments and I always answer the questions people pose to me, but I won't do it with yours if you don't even bother to read the predictions...

who is first choice lb at porto and will he rise?

Alvaro Pereira' date=' and if you check the relevant thread, you'll see that [b']DerbyPower[/b] tips him to rise to 89. ;)

EDIT - DerbyPower, what on earth was Jesualdo Ferreira trying to do with that starting lineup last night, dropping Falcao & Varela? :confused:

well im sorry but i was in a rush but i will try and read the previous posts in future

Not the previous posts... Check the threads title. This is the discussion thread over the main thread. Check the first post ;).

DerbyPower' date=' what on earth was Jesualdo Ferreira trying to do with that starting lineup last night, dropping Falcao & Varela?[/quote']

He was scared of big bad Chelsea :o. And it wasn't just Falcao and Varela. Belluschi didn't play too. But he was lucky here because Guarin was tremendous yesterday. Still, he is way inferior in the passing department compared to Belluschi. Anyway, they should start again this weekend against high-flyers Braga, who have 4 victories in 4 games. Should be an interesting match.

So, I completed Belenenses and Paços de Ferreira in the main thread, and finally there are some risers here. In Paços de Ferreira, Olimpio, Baiano, Romeu Torres and Carlitos should give some profit and in Belenenses, Yontcha (surprising goalscorer), Fredy (I did a scout report of him previously - great prospect) and Felippe Bastos (who is on loan from Benfica and is also considered a great prospect) are the best buys. FC Porto is now fully updated and more accurate. Next I will update Sporting and do one more team, Naval, which has a couple of good risers as well. Check the main thread here:

http://forum.soccermanager.com/showthread.php?p=749750#post749750

DerbyPower' date=' are Braga riding their luck or have they really deserved to win 5 out of 5?[/quote']

Well, for as amazing as it seems, it is really deserved. They have been simply fantastic. They won against Sporting, now against Porto, next fixture they will face Olhanense, where they should be able to add 3 more points to the tally... To be honest I have no idea where this Braga will stop. Hugo Viana, Alan, Meyong, Rodriguez, Eduardo... Perhaps the future champions? I wouldn't mind. It certainly would break the routine of the Portuguese League. Still, it is too soon to point out whether Braga will be able to keep this wave. As far as I recall, Leixões was also in first for a long period of time last year. Eventually they dropped in form. The champion isn't decided on the first 5 fixtures. It takes consistency and good pressure handling that Braga will need to have should they want to win the first league of their history.