PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread

Re: PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread

Silvio of Braga(LB) has been playing very very well in my opinion' date=' what do you guys think he will rise to? hes an 82 right now.[/quote']

85 at the very least. He grabbed a place in Braga's first team and he has been playing very well. Scored a craking goal yesterday too. And best of all: he was called for the National Team. He should be the replacement of Paulo Ferreira, who retired at the end of the WC.

85 at the very least. He grabbed a place in Braga's first team and he has been playing very well. Scored a craking goal yesterday too. And best of all: he was called for the National Team. He should be the replacement of Paulo Ferreira' date=' who retired at the end of the WC.[/quote']

Does this mean that he and Echiejile are playing together or are they competing?

Does this mean that he and Echiejile are playing together or are they competing?

Silvio is playing the right back role, and I guess he'll stay there since Miguel Garcia isn't that much of competition for his place. Echiejile is playing as a left back.

Can anyone describe me a little better Tomas Costa's playing position and how good is he as a player? :D

CFR Cluj took him on loan as a replacement for Dani who was the best DM from the country and I'd like to know what will the manager do exactly with Tomas . We also got Kivuvu who seems a very good player , but he played more as a CM/AM than DM ...

Can anyone describe me a little better Tomas Costa's playing position and how good is he as a player? :D

CFR Cluj took him on loan as a replacement for Dani who was the best DM from the country and I'd like to know what will the manager do exactly with Tomas . We also got Kivuvu who seems a very good player ' date=' but he played more as a CM/AM than DM ...[/quote']

Sorry to disappoint you, but frankly I think he's quite poor. Maybe because he never played in his favourite position, which is CM? Playing him as a DM or as a side midfielder would be committing the same mistake we did. I don't know, I just feel you can't expect too much of Tomas Costa. :o

Derbypower' date=' is andre santos a good player?

Who are your favourite players in portugal?

Yes, he was a beast in Leiria, and he has been embracing his new challenge in Sporting very well.

A lot of them. Porto's whole squad included, bar a player or two. :D

Manuel Vitor' date=' on loan at Leicster from Benfica. Is he worth selling since hes went out on loan, or can he get into the Benfica team when the loan expires? Thanks in advance. :)[/quote']

Maybe... Luisao won't stay for too long, and the same applies to David Luiz. I'd hold on to him for now. I do not know if he's playing in Leicester though.

Hey DP, good to see your boys starting well.

So Otamendi. Have they bought him as a CB or RB? Whose place will he take?

Hopefully not Maicon (i presume he has been central with Rolando, haven't seen him play) but he seems to have nailed down a starting spot, certainly looks a very attractive buy to me.

Edit: And just what has happened at Orlando?!?

Hey DP' date=' good to see your boys starting well.

So Otamendi. Have they bought him as a CB or RB? Whose place will he take?

Hopefully not Maicon (i presume he has been central with Rolando, haven't seen him play) but he seems to have nailed down a starting spot, certainly looks a very attractive buy to me.

Edit: And just what has happened at Orlando?!?[/quote']

Good gracious, certainly as a CB! He looked dreadful playing as a full back in the World Cup. And we got Fucile and Sapunaru anyway, and both are great RBs in my opinion.

Surely Maicon's, although I rate him higher than Rolando. Yes, he should rise to 87, or so I expect. Anywho, Otamendi will have to wait until late September to get a chance to start. We have some NT fixtures now, and our defence looks decent ATM, no need to fix what ain't broken. We haven't suffered any goal in the league yet, you know. Hopefully we'll maintain that record in the next fixture. It would be good news, since we're playing Braga.

Went on loan to Nacional. Scored the winner against Benfica. I love him. :D

Good gracious' date=' certainly as a CB! He looked dreadful playing as a full back in the World Cup. And we got Fucile and Sapunaru anyway, and both are great RBs in my opinion.

Surely Maicon's, although I rate him higher than Rolando. Yes, he should rise to 87, or so I expect. Anywho, Otamendi will have to wait until late September to get a chance to start. We have some NT fixtures now, and our defence looks decent ATM, no need to fix what ain't broken. We haven't suffered any goal in the league yet, you know. Hopefully we'll maintain that record in the next fixture. It would be good news, since we're playing Braga.

[/quote']

Well that's what i thought, he certainly looks far more comfortable at CB.

Guess we'll see what happens there. Souza looks a very tidy buy too, lovely strike at Genk.

Went on loan to Nacional. Scored the winner against Benfica. I love him. :D

Haha bet you enjoyed that.

Anyway i mean't your Pirates not the Sa kid!! :D

Re: Respuesta: PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread

Derbypower' date=' is andre santos a good player?

Who are your favourite players in portugal?

Andre Santos was the only player that played the 90min every game last season in Leiria.

This season he started a bit shy, but his performance is better now.

However, when Pedro Mendes recover from the injury, the coach Paulo Sérgio will chose between André Santos and Maniche to be off the starting XI. And I think André Santos will be off, at least for now...

Well that's what i thought' date=' he certainly looks far more comfortable at CB.

Guess we'll see what happens there. Souza looks a very tidy buy too, lovely strike at Genk.[/quote']

I should be finishing my predictions on Porto soon, I'll have all of them listed there.

Anyway i mean't your Pirates not the Sa kid!! :D

Ah, well... They went on holiday, didn't they? Or so it seems, since they're playing horribly. At least I think I can stay in the play-off zone. :o

hoping hulk has a good enough season to get his 90 that he deserves.

6 goals in the first 4 matches this season plus his endeavours in the last quarter of the 2009/20 season, which will be taken into account as well, seem good enough for me.

Is David Luiz going to rise to 90 if he stays in Benfica the whole of this season? I need some cash for some risers and david luiz is my 4th CB/LB of my squad. I am only afraid that he rises during his transfer ban period as SM going to review the big leagues more regularly than last time and i am sure that i do not want to spend additional money and wages after the transfer ban :( Thanks!

P.S. I am selling to external.

Is David Luiz going to rise to 90 if he stays in Benfica the whole of this season? I need some cash for some risers and david luiz is my 4th CB/LB of my squad. I am only afraid that he rises during his transfer ban period as SM going to review the big leagues more regularly than last time and i am sure that i do not want to spend additional money and wages after the transfer ban :( Thanks!

P.S. I am selling to external.

Yes, he is definitely rising to 90. If you want to sell him to an external at least wait until he rises. However I advise you not to do it. He should leave Benfica at the end of the season and join a bigger club, and he seems to have grabbed a spot in Brazil's squad too.