PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

After the checking the amount of comments in the main thread (despite my efforts to avoid having them there) and PM's both through the forum and in-game, I decided to create this thread so that you ca

Otavio only deserves a +1 I think. Braga have been dropping like a stone recently which may (and probably should) affect their review.  Rahul's predictions for the big 3 are fair, so for the othe

Re: PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread It has been a great journey since 2011, great people and great fun! And well, This is my forum post number 1000! I could

Re: PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread

Hi

I don't watch Porteguese football unfortunately (dont know where)

Is there any must buys from portugal (any rating)

Thanks in advance

PS: Thread bookmarked :)

There are, of course. But I haven't started with the rating predictions yet, so it would be tough to tell you off the top of my head. Just wait a couple of days, I may have something ready by then.

Sheesh, I finally finished the rating predictions and the review of FC Porto. I had to update the squad with all the Summer transfers, but it went smoothly. I think I got very accurate predictions. Anyway, here is Porto's rating predictions:

http://forum.soccermanager.com/showpost.php?p=687936&postcount=4

Don't bother checking the rest of the thread. It is not updated. I'll have a lot of work to do. :o

Riferimento: PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread

Hi, you would suggest to buy both maicon and otamendi?

Josef Souza is in for a rise, right?

Last, what were your sensations having seen james rodriguez play in the pre-season, you think he can become a starter in the following part of the year?

cheers

Re: Riferimento: PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread

Hi' date=' you would suggest to buy both maicon and otamendi?

Josef Souza is in for a rise, right?

Last, what were your sensations having seen james rodriguez play in the pre-season, you think he can become a starter in the following part of the year?

cheers[/quote']

Both of them? Only if you have a lot of money to spare. I'd rather have Maicon at the moment. He is solid in the defence and he will rise to 87.

Yes, Souza should get 84, although I feel he has potential for a lot more.

No, I don't think James will be able to become a starter this year. Our attacking trio (Falcao/Varela/Hulk) has been demolishing defence after defence, and they will all keep starting, bar a possible injury. James will rise though, since he played a lot for Banfield.

Re: Riferimento: PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread

Both of them? Only if you have a lot of money to spare. I'd rather have Maicon at the moment. He is solid in the defence and he will rise to 87.

Yes' date=' Souza should get 84, although I feel he has potential for a lot more.

No, I don't think James will be able to become a starter this year. Our attacking trio (Falcao/Varela/Hulk) has been demolishing defence after defence, and they will all keep starting, bar a possible injury. James will rise though, since he played a lot for Banfield.[/quote']

ye rodriguez should get 87 even if he doesnt play for porto that much due to his performances with banfield , also i believe souza will be fernando's replacement . i wreckon fernando will leave for a top club.

How much will varela rise?

+1' date=' to 88.

ye rodriguez should get 87 even if he doesnt play for porto that much due to his performances with banfield , also i believe souza will be fernando's replacement . i wreckon fernando will leave for a top club.

Hopefully Fernando won't leave. He has been a monster since the season started. Souza is very good, but he hasn't reached Fernando's level yet.

No' date=' I don't think James will be able to become a starter this year. Our attacking trio (Falcao/Varela/Hulk) has [b']been demolishing defence after defence,[/b] and they will all keep starting, bar a possible injury. James will rise though, since he played a lot for Banfield.

I only saw the extended highlights, but Hulk was just running past defenders at his own will, think he done Echiejile silly a couple of times!

The two Braga goals were pretty spectacular, although Helton may have been at fault for the second one, seemed to go straight down the middle of the goal. Varela's second was pretty good too.

I only saw the extended highlights' date=' but Hulk was just running past defenders at his own will, think he done [b']Echiejile silly a couple of times![/b]

The two Braga goals were pretty spectacular, although Helton may have been at fault for the second one, seemed to go straight down the middle of the goal. Varela's second was pretty good too.

It's no wonder that Echiejile was subbed early. :D

Yeah, Helton was poor, I think he could have done better in both goals. In truth he was a bit unlucky, Braga scored twice in just 3 shots on goal.

could some one tell me some cheapish players 75-85 that are gona break through this season and expect a nice rise thanks in advance

Barcellos Diego of Nacional.

Jesus Henrique of Vitoria de Setubal.

Tibes Adilson of Maritimo.

Boeck Marcelo of Maritimo.

Yohan Tavares of Beira-Mar.

Joao Pedro of Naval.

Miguel Fidalgo of Academica.

Ruben Brigido of Uniao de Leiria.

Teixeira Caetano of Pacos de Ferreira.

Miguel Angelo Bura of Pacos de Ferreira.

Araujo Freire of Vitoria de Guimaraes.

Franco Vinicius of Olhanense.

Chendjong Zhang of Uniao de Leiria.

Aurelien Collin of Vitoria de Setubal.

Rui Rego of Beira-Mar.

Hugo Machado of Naval.

Joao Gonclaves of Olhanense.

Don't ask what they will rise to as it's too early to tell how their teams will fare, and if they keep playing as well.

Barcellos Diego of Nacional.

Jesus Henrique of Vitoria de Setubal.

Tibes Adilson of Maritimo.

Boeck Marcelo of Maritimo.

Yohan Tavares of Beira-Mar.

Joao Pedro of Naval.

Ruben Brigido of Uniao de Leiria.

Teixeira Caetano of Pacos de Ferreira.

Miguel Angelo Bura of Pacos de Ferreira.

Araujo Freire of Vitoria de Guimaraes.

Franco Vinicius of Olhanense.

Chendjong Zhang of Uniao de Leiria.

Aurelien Collin of Vitoria de Setubal.

Rui Rego of Beira-Mar.

Hugo Machado of Naval.

Joao Gonclaves of Olhanense.

Don't ask what they will rise to as it's too early to tell how their teams will fare' date=' and if they keep playing as well.[/quote']

thanks mate last question do u no any young ones that would break through ? and some future talents that i should snap up ?

Riferimento: PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread

Hi, in a world championship game I found Paulo Machado (88) at Tolouse, saw he's an all around midfielder, young, just had a national call (29/08/10, it appears on wikipedia, but not on soccerway, where the match doesn't exist), he's a starter, tolouse is doing well, he came from porto..etc..and strangely even if he appears to be owned by tolouse (an external club), when i got to offer, the game treated him as a free agent so I could offer for the 75% of his value and either couldn't give players for him.

Past this long introduction, I write here to ask if anybody of you knows if he's a player worth of keeping past the transfer ban and the occasional use I'd make of him to cover holes in midfield.

I really need good players who can reach 90s (not machado himself, maybe), since in these game worlds no one sells anything without very BIG offers. Speaking of which, can Rolando get to 90s?

another one: is Hulk sure to rise next (inj. apart) and maybe even to move to bigger horizons?

thanks for the attention guys

will rep

Hi' date=' in a world championship game I found Paulo Machado (88) at Tolouse, saw he's an all around midfielder, young, just had a national call (29/08/10, it appears on wikipedia, but not on soccerway, where the match doesn't exist), he's a starter, tolouse is doing well, he came from porto..etc..and strangely even if he appears to be owned by tolouse (an external club), when i got to offer, the game treated him as a free agent so I could offer for the 75% of his value and either couldn't give players for him.

Past this long introduction, I write here to ask if anybody of you knows if he's a player worth of keeping past the transfer ban and the occasional use I'd make of him to cover holes in midfield.

I really need good players who can reach 90s (not machado himself, maybe), since in these game worlds no one sells anything without very BIG offers. Speaking of which, can Rolando get to 90s?

another one: is Hulk sure to rise next (inj. apart) and maybe even to move to bigger horizons?

will rep[/quote']

ye get hulk and rolando , and also machado he is a beast.

Hi' date=' in a world championship game I found Paulo Machado (88) at Tolouse, saw he's an all around midfielder, young, just had a national call (29/08/10, it appears on wikipedia, but not on soccerway, where the match doesn't exist), he's a starter, tolouse is doing well, he came from porto..etc..and strangely even if he appears to be owned by tolouse (an external club), when i got to offer, the game treated him as a free agent so I could offer for the 75% of his value and either couldn't give players for him.

will rep[/quote']

Paulo Machado is a great signing. I really rate him, ever since I saw him playing for Leixoes. I believe it won't take long before he moves to a bigger club, either in France or back to Portugal. It would be worth to buy him, and keep him after the TB, even if he doesn't rise.

Rolando won't rise this season, if that's what you're asking. He might get 91 in the next one, where Porto will hopefully play in the CL. For now he is a safe 90.

Hulk is sure to rise, yes. And he won't stay in Porto much longer too.

Riferimento: Re: Riferimento: PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Disc

Paulo Machado is a great signing. I really rate him' date=' ever since I saw him playing for Leixoes. I believe it won't take long before he moves to a bigger club, either in France or back to Portugal. It would be worth to buy him, and keep him after the TB, even if he doesn't rise.

Rolando won't rise this season, if that's what you're asking. He might get 91 in the next one, where Porto will hopefully play in the CL. For now he is a safe 90.

Hulk is sure to rise, yes. And he won't stay in Porto much longer too.[/quote']

I'm really sorry to bother you again. Actually I confused rolando with maycon. I was actually interested in maicon's potential.

Thanks a lot for the info on machado.