PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread

Re: PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread

I don't think Roberto will get a 87 at the moment. He will rise' date=' I can agree on that, but ''only'' to 86. He is a clown, simple as.

Evaldo hasn't been looking the same Evaldo as in Braga. He has been okay, but nothing more. I don't know why he isn't as good as in Braga, maybe it's beacuse of the nerves..? I mean, Sporting came from a catastrophic season and needs to repair themselves and perhaps Evaldo feels abit nervous then. I'm not saying he should drop, but he just has been mistake-phrone during the beginning of this season. Maybe it's nevres or the fact that he is playing with completly new players and it takes time to adjust himself to the new club. Anyway, he should stay for now in my opinion.[/quote']

Nah, Roberto has played every game so far, including Champions League. He must rise to 87. And he kept a clean sheet against Sporting. I shall update it though, if he returns to his usual form.

I went with the game time on Evaldo, that's how SM does with Portugal when they handle under-90 players. Evaldo has played in every match bar one so far, and he was a major player on Braga's amazing campaign last season, which still counts on the next rating change. I think my prediction is fine, I gave him an outside chance anyway (88/89, and not the other way around).

Nah' date=' Roberto has played every game so far, including Champions League. He must rise to 87. And he kept a clean sheet against Sporting. I shall update it though, if he returns to his usual form.[/quote']

He did keep a clean sheet against Sporting, but to be honest, Sporting really didn't create many opportunities. Roberto wasn't really tested. If Roberto gets 87, I'll eat my shorts!

I went with the game time on Evaldo' date=' that's how SM does with Portugal when they handle under-90 players. Evaldo has played in every match bar one so far, and he was a major player on Braga's amazing campaign last season, which still counts on the next rating change. I think my prediction is fine, I gave him an outside chance anyway (88/89, and not the other way around).[/quote']

Maybe you are right with that, but then Rui Patricio and Joao Perreira (for instance) also must rise as they've also been regulars for Sporting this season. However, if SM would have rosen Evaldo, it would have been done before the summer when Portugal was reviewed latest and Evaldo still was a Braga player. He shouldn't even have 5% chances of a rise.

He did keep a clean sheet against Sporting' date=' but to be honest, Sporting really didn't create many opportunities. Roberto wasn't really tested. If Roberto gets 87, [b']I'll eat my shorts[/b]!

Well, I'll be here. ;)

Maybe you are right with that, but then Rui Patricio and Joao Perreira (for instance) also must rise as they've also been regulars for Sporting this season. However, if SM would have rosen Evaldo, it would have been done before the summer when Portugal was reviewed latest and Evaldo still was a Braga player. He shouldn't even have 5% chances of a rise.

Joao Pereira hasn't played as much as Evaldo because he has competition from Abel and he missed a match or two through injury, while Evaldo has the place all for himself, Grimi is pathetic.

Yes, I'm expecting Rui Patricio to finally rise to 89. It's about time.

Anyway, I'll be altering the predictions whenever I feel it is necessary, according to the players performances. It's not written in stone. :)

Well' date=' I'll be here. ;)[/quote']

But you have to pay for your own travel-tickets :P

Joao Pereira hasn't played as much as Evaldo because he has competition from Abel and he missed a match or two through injury' date=' while Evaldo has the place all for himself, Grimi is pathetic.

Yes, I'm expecting Rui Patricio to finally rise to 89. It's about time.

Anyway, I'll be altering the predictions whenever I feel it is necessary, according to the players performances. It's not written in stone. :)[/quote']

Joao Pereira hasn't got competition from Abel, it was just beacuse of that injury he got against Maritimo. Pereira took back his starting place very quickly and Abel was just a so called regular for 1 full game (I didn't count the game against Maritimo when he got subbed in for Pereira due to Pereira's injury).

I agree that Patricio should get a 89. He has looked solid so far and seems to have developed further and Sporting are competing in Europe, so he should have it easier to reach 89 aswell.

do you think Maicon will only get up to 87 then? I thought he'd be more like 88/89 as he seems to be playing just about every game for Porto now.

Baby steps first. He'd go to 88 if Porto was in the CL, but 87 suits him just fine - for now. Besides, Otamendi played in the last fixture, while Maicon was left on the bench.

I'd like to know about Sidnei who plays for Benfica,I see you have tipped him to drop to 86 but with David Luiz likely to move on next summer,I was wondering whether you think he would be a good long term investment? or do you think it would be best to just not buy him as they'd buy a better replacement with the money they would get with Luiz?

I'd like to know about Sidnei who plays for Benfica' date='I see you have tipped him to drop to 86 but with David Luiz likely to move on next summer,I was wondering whether you think he would be a good long term investment? or do you think it would be best to just not buy him as they'd buy a better replacement with the money they would get with Luiz?[/quote']

Honestly I wouldn't buy Sidnei. There are much better young CBs out there, even in Portugal. If David Luiz leaves Benfica, which is very likely, they will buy another CB, probably one that resembles him, which means having a good technical ability, instead of using Sidnei.

If you want a good young CB, I can point out two Portuguese league targets for you: Maicon (future Pepe in my opinion) and Carrico. Maicon is rising to 87, while Carrico is 70/30 on the 89.

Hi!

Congratulations for your thread and predictions' date=' they're great! :)

Do you really think that Maxi Pereira will hit 90? He's a good player, [b']but IMO not the best RD of the portuguese league.[/b]

Agreed, but I'm basing my prediction in Champions League football + starter in the World Cup. Given these conditions, it would be unfair if he didn't get a 90. Although it would be unfair to be rated higher than Fucile too...

It was bound to happen!

As soon as i buy Maicon, he drops to the Porto bench & Otamendi comes in for his first start. And of course he had to go and score the opener didn't he!

(I should also say i do have Otamendi in a few teams so it really ain't all that bad! ;))

Haven't seen anything of the Olhanese game, how did he actually get on?

Do you reckon he will get a run alongside Rolando for now?

It was bound to happen!

As soon as i buy Maicon' date=' he drops to the Porto bench & Otamendi comes in for his first start. And of course he had to go and score the opener didn't he!

(I should also say i do have Otamendi in a few teams so it really ain't all that bad! ;))

Haven't seen anything of the Olhanese game, how did he actually get on?

Do you reckon he will get a run alongside Rolando for now?[/quote']

Well, a home fixture against Olhanense isn't exactly the best way to test the quality of a CB, you know. He was solid, showed a good passing skill and seemed like a very aggressive marker. And his tackling was very good too. However, Maicon and Rolando are playing well together and they have proven themselves in bigger and tougher matches. Tomorrow, against Sofia, I expect Otamendi to start with Maicon. After that it should be back to the Rolando-Maicon pair.

Updated teams so far:

1.1 – FC Porto

1.2 – Benfica

1.3 – Sporting CP

1.4 – Sporting de Braga

1.5 – Vitória de Guimarães

1.6 – Académica

Hey Derby,

Looking at your prediction for Hulk hitting 90, does he have any chance of parring Falcao on a 91? 5 in 5 goals this season so far, but did that suspension last season really impact on his ratings that much?

Cheers