PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread

Re: PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread

Hi Derbypower.

I hav been keeping hold of fabio faria for a while now but see he is barely playing. is it worth chucking him now or will he eventually get a chance to shine at benfica?

cheers

Meh... Sell him' date=' provided you can get him back next year or so.

Hey Derby,

Looking at your prediction for Hulk hitting 90, does he have any chance of parring Falcao on a 91? 5 in 5 goals this season so far, but did that suspension last season really impact on his ratings that much?

Cheers

He grabbed another assist tonight as well, very cleaver pass for Falcao to tuck it in easily. But no, there isn't even a small chance of a 91. Even though he is in a superb form there is something lacking, which I already pointed out in the previous page: no Champions League. It makes all the difference. 90 is fine for him - at the moment.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

After the checking the amount of comments in the main thread (despite my efforts to avoid having them there) and PM's both through the forum and in-game, I decided to create this thread so that you ca

Otavio only deserves a +1 I think. Braga have been dropping like a stone recently which may (and probably should) affect their review.  Rahul's predictions for the big 3 are fair, so for the othe

Re: PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread It has been a great journey since 2011, great people and great fun! And well, This is my forum post number 1000! I could

Hey DP a couple of questions.

1. How was Nani yesterday?. Judging by the goals I've seen (what a 2nd goal) he and Ronaldo seem to seemed to combine very well (brings back memories)

2. Not exactly related to Portugal but how did that Danish 'keeper Lindegaard (or something like that) do? United have been seriously linked with him

Hey DP a couple of questions.

1. How was Nani yesterday?. Judging by the goals I've seen (what a 2nd goal) he and Ronaldo seem to seemed to combine very well (brings back memories)

2. Not exactly related to Portugal but how did that Danish 'keeper Lindegaard (or something like that) do? United have been seriously linked with him

I don't have much time ATM, so I'll make it quick:

1 - MVP

2 - Best player for Denmark last night. We could have built a cricket scoreline if it wasn't for him.

Updated.

1.1 – FC Porto

1.2 – Benfica

1.3 – Sporting CP

1.4 – Sporting de Braga

1.5 – Vitória de Guimarães

1.6 – Académica

1.7 – Olhanense

1.8 – União de Leiria

1.9 – Paços de Ferreira

As usual, don't bother checking the rest of the thread.

In this update I'd single out Paços de Ferreira. They have some young and decent risers.

Hi DP' date=' i have these 2 guys listed as risers and i wondered if you could recommend either of them above people like Samuel or Gottardi?

Jumisse (Portimonense)

Silva (Victoria de Setubul)[/quote']

Yes, those are nice risers too. I haven't done Setubal nor Portimonense yet, but Jumisse should rise to 81 (perhaps more since he made his debut for Mozambique recently) and Silva to 81 as well.

I'm putting this here because this is an active thread and the player belongs to a Portuguese Club.

I need some help with a prediction:

Renato Neto (Cercle) on loan from Sporting CP,

league 10/11 -> 10 games (875mins) / 3 goals

Europa League -> 4 games (256mins)

he's currently 75, how much will he rise to?

thanks in advance

I'm putting this here because this is an active thread and the player belongs to a Portuguese Club.

I need some help with a prediction:

Renato Neto (Cercle) on loan from Sporting CP' date='

league 10/11 -> 10 games (875mins) / 3 goals

Europa League -> 4 games (256mins)

he's currently 75, how much will he rise to?

thanks in advance[/quote']

At least to 82.

And well spotted, I had no idea he was playing that much. :)

Hello DP,

Great job with the predictions, I'll ask some questions, now notice that I am a supporter of Pacos de Ferreira and Benfica, but in this order ...:)

For Benfica have the following predictions:

Roberto - 85 --> 87/86 --- with the best views in recent games he can not reach 88?

Luisao - 91 --> 91

David Luiz - 89 --> 90 --- If Luisão keep his 91, can not David Luiz with recent calls for selection and its presence in 11, and attendance at Champions reach 91 or even just only 90?

Fabio Coentrao - 87 --> 89 --- As for Coentrao, he is perhaps being the best player of Benfica in the beginning of season, or at the left side, as the left wing, consistent presence in eleven of the selection of Portugal, he can not reach 90?

Cardozo - 91 --> 91/90 --- Why put a drop of the Cardozo ratting?

Best Regards,

Jo

Hello DP' date='

Great job with the predictions, I'll ask some questions, now notice that I am a supporter of Pacos de Ferreira and Benfica, but in this order ...:)[/quote']

Hi mate. It's always nice to see a fellow Portuguese, even if it is a Benfica fan. :P

For Benfica have the following predictions:

Roberto - 85 --> 87/86 --- with the best views in recent games he can not reach 88?

Luisao - 91 --> 91

David Luiz - 89 --> 90 --- If Luisão keep his 91, can not David Luiz with recent calls for selection and its presence in 11, and attendance at Champions reach 91 or even just only 90?

Fabio Coentrao - 87 --> 89 --- As for Coentrao, he is perhaps being the best player of Benfica in the beginning of season, or at the left side, as the left wing, consistent presence in eleven of the selection of Portugal, he can not reach 90?

Cardozo - 91 --> 91/90 --- Why put a drop of the Cardozo ratting?

Best Regards,

Jo

I'd say Roberto is fine with a +2. He has been performing better now, but usually you don't see straight +3's in Portugal in mid 80's players. It's not so much about Roberto, it's about the quality of the Portuguese league. We are not reviewed as highly as other leagues. And Roberto's start to the season wasn't very smooth anyway... :P

In my opinion David Luiz isn't performing in the same standard of the last season. Benfica has suffered some important goals because of his mistakes related to careless forward runs (Porto, Schalke...). And again, it's rare for a player to jump directly from 89 to 91, let alone in Portugal...

I think Coentrao is playing well enough to get a 90, but I must stress again that SM doesn't give jumps like this in just one rating change. 89 now, 90 comes next. And he'll get a positional change as well.

Cardozo a 91? Common, he only got it in the first place because of the sheer amount of goals he scored last season. He hasn't keep up with that form and he missed a whole month of matches through injury. That why I put him with 91/90, which means a slight possibility of a drop.

Cheers! :)

Is Benfica defender Fabio Faria a good prospect or not?I'm asking as I have a chance to sign him in a competitive setup and I've never seen him before so know nothing about him.

Honestly I don't rate him that much. He had a decent season with Rio Ave and he moved to Benfica not exactly due to the quality shown but more because it was a condition for getting the remaining rights from Coentrao off from Rio Ave. I don't think that Fabio Faria is better than Miguel Vitor, for example. So unless you're buying him on a total bargain (let's say CV in money), I wouldn't spend much effort on trying to sign him.