PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread

Re: PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread

I have some different views on this. My top 10 player who will leave this season are' date=' in descending order of probability: Di Maria, Veloso, Bruno Alves, David Luiz, Raul Meireles, Moutinho, Cardozo, Hugo Viana, Fucile and Alberto Rodriguez.[/quote']

Di Maria = Transfered

Veloso = Transfered

Bruno Alves = Transfered

David Luiz = Stayed

Raul Meireles = Transfered

Moutinho = Transfered

Cardozo = Stayed

Hugo Viana = Stayed (Sealed permanent move to Braga)

Fucile = Stayed

Alberto Rodriguez = Stayed

You did well, got most of the biggies right!

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

After the checking the amount of comments in the main thread (despite my efforts to avoid having them there) and PM's both through the forum and in-game, I decided to create this thread so that you ca

Otavio only deserves a +1 I think. Braga have been dropping like a stone recently which may (and probably should) affect their review.  Rahul's predictions for the big 3 are fair, so for the othe

Re: PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread It has been a great journey since 2011, great people and great fun! And well, This is my forum post number 1000! I could

Di Maria = Transfered

Veloso = Transfered

Bruno Alves = Transfered

David Luiz = Stayed

Raul Meireles = Transfered

Moutinho = Transfered

Cardozo = Stayed

Hugo Viana = Stayed (Sealed permanent move to Braga)

Fucile = Stayed

Alberto Rodriguez = Stayed

You did well' date=' got most of the biggies right![/quote']

It seems so. :D

Hugo Viana was very close to sign with Sporting, but in the end they preferred Maniche (:rolleyes:), and the Champions League argument convinced Alberto Rodriguez to stay in Braga. David Luiz and Fucile should leave at the end of this season.

are you sure that brothers PEREIRA WILL RISE TO 90?

They are not brothers and I'm not sure about Maxi. He isn't playing nowhere near the level of last season. But he played in the WC' date=' I'll give him that... I'd say it's 50/50.

Kleber of maritimo isn´t in sm.

Of course he is.

Re: PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread

FC Porto

Helton - 90 --> 90

Beto - 87 --> 87/86

Kieszek - 82 --> 82

Rolando - 90 --> 90

Maicon - 85 --> 87 No! At least 88. He is a regular ffs.

Otamendi - 88 --> 88/89 88!

Sereno - 84 --> 84

Alvaro Pereira - 89 --> 90

Emidio Rafael - 83 --> 83/84

Fucile - 89 --> 89 Fucile is second choice RB and has embarrassing appearences on his record for his last 10 games. He acts like a little child on the field. He doesn't deserve to stay.

Sapunaru - 87 --> 88 Sapunaru is first choice RB. Both at Porto and the Romanian NT. He sould go to 89.

Fernando - 90 --> 90

Souza - 80 --> 84

João Moutinho - 91 --> 91

Castro - 84 --> 84/85

Guarin - 86 --> 87

Micael - 88 --> 88

Belluschi - 89 --> 90/89 90!

James Rodriguez - 85 --> 86 Why?

Cristian Rodriguez - 89 --> 89

Varela - 87 --> 88/89 Varela has played 2858 minutes in Porto games in season 09/10 and 10/11 together so far. C. Rodriguez has played 2190 minutes in Porto games in the same period. In addition Varela has made alot more assists and goals. He deserves 89.

Mariano Gonzalez - 88 --> 87

Ukra - 83 --> 84/83

Hulk - 89 --> 90

Falcao - 91 --> 91

Walter - 78 --> 82

FC Porto

Maicon - 85 --> 87 No! At least 88. He is a regular ffs.

Otamendi - 88 --> 88/89 88!

Fucile - 89 --> 89 Fucile is second choice RB and has embarrassing appearences on his record for his last 10 games. He acts like a little child on the field. He doesn't deserve to stay.

Sapunaru - 87 --> 88 Sapunaru is first choice RB. Both at Porto and the Romanian NT. He sould go to 89.

Belluschi - 89 --> 90/89 90!

James Rodriguez - 85 --> 86 Why?

Varela - 87 --> 88/89 Varela has played 2858 minutes in Porto games in season 09/10 and 10/11 together so far. C. Rodriguez has played 2190 minutes in Porto games in the same period. In addition Varela has made alot more assists and goals. He deserves 89.

*Sigh*... :rolleyes:

Look pal' date=' I've been here for a long time. Surely longer than you. I've assisted to a handful of Portuguese ratings changes. Do you think I don't know how the ratings work? Do you think I haven't seen enough of how SM works with Portugal to do accurate predictions? And don't you think that the predictions you suggest are a bit pointless, since they're practically the same as mine? Fair enough, I'll play along:

Maicon to 88. WHY?? He hasn't started all games, Brazilian NT is a mirage, Porto is not in the Champions League and SM doesn't give +3 to centre backs in Portugal (example: Carrico; David Luiz). So no, he isn't rising to 88. 87 now, and if he keeps playing, he'll be 88/89 in the next one.

Otamendi has a CHANCE OF RISING. That's why I put him up to 88/89. He played in the WC (doesn't matter if he performed well or not. Bottom line: He PLAYED.), not to mention he was a starter for a Velez both in the Apertura and Libertadores. He is being awarded game time with Porto too, and 88/89 suits him PERFECTLY.

Why the hell would Fucile drop?? He was a starter for Uruguay in the World Cup and performed extremely well. He's playing fine this season, apart from the performance in Guimaraes. So NO, he won't drop to 88, he's arguably the best RB in Portugal.

I don't think Sapunaru will get +2 in the next ratings change. Fucile can regain his starting place at any moment and Romania isn't a particularly strong NT anyway. +1 is fine, at most I could predict 88/89, which I won't for the time being.

Belluschi isn't a crystal clear starter. In fact, he hasn't played in the last two matches. Again, he isn't playing in the Champions League nor for the Argie NT, so the 90 isn't a certainty. 90/89 is a perfectly assessable prediction.

Why? I don't know, maybe because James was one of the stars of Banfield's great run in Libertadores, lost in the final to Internacional?

I do say that Varela has a shot at the 89, don't I? So what's the point? It's the arguments above over and over again. And yes, he's been scoring a lot, but his performances haven't been outstanding like Hulk's or Falcao's. And he missed a lot of games through injury at the end of the last season.

why do you predict that Óscar Cardozo 91 ---> 91/90

didn't he just scored 38 goals last season...

Yeah, 6-yard box goals...

He got the 91 because he was in good form. This year he's been miserable. I reckon he has a chance of dropping to 90, hence the 91/90. On a second thought, I think it should be 90/91, he is more likely to drop than staying... I might change this in the next update.

• 2 weeks later...

*Why? I don't know' date=' maybe because James was one of the stars of Banfield's great run in Libertadores, lost in the final to Internacional?

[/quote']

Just a picky point but Banfield went out in the round of 16 in the Copa. However, he does have a shot at a +1 because his review was in February, a good 3 months of playing football took place between then and his move to Porto. It could go either way tbh.

Just a picky point but Banfield went out in the round of 16 in the Copa. However' date=' he does have a shot at a +1 because his review was in February, a good 3 months of playing football took place between then and his move to Porto. It could go either way tbh.[/quote']

Indeed, I got that one wrong. They were eliminated by Internacional, but not in the final. My bad!

Anywho, they lost on away goals and James scored one. My point is still valid, he deserves +1 for his exploits in Argentina.

I was watching the Sporting vs Gent game the other day in the Europa League. I must say that a certain Cedric Soares was doing great. It was his debut aswell and he was, no kidding, the best player on the whole pitch. He was the one who organized the attacks, he was the one who stood for the creativity and he was the who gave great passes after great passes to his teammates, but as always, Sporting doesn't score on the chances they got. Anyway, when Soares got subbed out, Sporting's game began to fall apart and during the 2nd half, Gent pressured down Sporting to the fullest. It didn't matter that Paulo Sergio brought on some more offensive power, Sporting didn't have an organized attack and often lost the ball midways in Gent's half. Kind of a big deal this... a player who is made his debut with for Sporting comes out and domniates an international game to the fullest. Now I hope Paulo Sergio doesn't play a coward with this player, as he has (so far) done with Diogo Salomao.

I was watching the Sporting vs Gent game the other day in the Europa League. I must say that a certain Cedric Soares was doing great. It was his debut aswell and he was' date=' no kidding, the best player on the whole pitch. He was the one who organized the attacks, he was the one who stood for the creativity and he was the who gave great passes after great passes to his teammates, but as always, Sporting doesn't score on the chances they got. Anyway, when Soares got subbed out, Sporting's game began to fall apart and during the 2nd half, Gent pressured down Sporting to the fullest. It didn't matter that Paulo Sergio brought on some more offensive power, Sporting didn't have an organized attack and often lost the ball midways in Gent's half. Kind of a big deal this... a player who is made his debut with for Sporting comes out and domniates an international game to the fullest. Now I hope Paulo Sergio doesn't play a coward with this player, as he has (so far) done with Diogo Salomao.[/quote']

Agreed. I saw glimpses of the match in the first half (yeah, I still CBA to watch a full match with Sporting :P) and it seemed a very confident and tidy performance for a debut.

Is Alvaro PEREIRA like to have a position change from LB/LM to LM/LB or Wing/LB?

No' date=' he won't change. LB/LM is fine.

Speaking of Salomao, what do you reckon he'll rise to next time around?
salomao hit 84 85

Of course he won't. Only Carrico had such a rise, but he played much more (and better?) than Salomão.

I'd say 81/82, most likely the latter.