PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

After the checking the amount of comments in the main thread (despite my efforts to avoid having them there) and PM's both through the forum and in-game, I decided to create this thread so that you ca

Re: PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread Like I use to do before every season, I will make a list about players that I think are worth to keep an eye on or to buy. I h

Re: PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread It has been a great journey since 2011, great people and great fun! And well, This is my forum post number 1000! I could

Re: PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread

...and that's the reason why David Luiz should never play at wing back. He got burned!

I don't think that playing as a left back was the sole reason why he got burned... But I have written my opinion on David Luiz a lot of times in this thread already.

What the hell are those little space-age noises that are made when Porto score? Lmao.

LOL, it's supposed to be a goal celebration sound here in Portugal... It's on use for years now.

OK, I managed to update all the teams I had completed previously and I added Nacional da Madeira as well. Here are the teams which are finished and have accurate predictions:

1.1 – FC Porto

1.2 – Benfica

1.3 – Sporting CP

1.4 – Sporting de Braga

1.5 – Vitória de Guimarães

1.6 – Académica

1.7 – Olhanense

1.8 – União de Leiria

1.9 – Paços de Ferreira

1.10 – Nacional da Madeira

Just 6 teams to go.

hey great thread much appreciated' date=' would you say maicon of porto was a potential 90 in the 3 terms:D[/quote']

Definitely. He has been very solid at the heart of our defence this year. I don't think he is worse than Rolando, who is a 90. He should form a partnership with Otamendi in the future. I think he'll follow a rating course like this: 87 -> 89 -> 90.

Definitely. He has been very solid at the heart of our defence this year. I don't think he is worse than Rolando' date=' who is a 90. He should form a partnership with Otamendi in the future. I think he'll follow a rating course like this: 87 -> 89 -> 90.[/quote']

Hey derbypower,

Great thread first of all, I was just looking at ur predictions and wondering about Silvestre Valera

I've only seen the Europa stats of Valera, he doesn't start and barely plays with FC Porto

Does he deserve a 87- 89 rating prediction? Especially since the likes of Hulk and Falcao there

Hey derbypower' date='

Great thread first of all, I was just looking at ur predictions and wondering about Silvestre Valera

I've only seen the Europa stats of Valera, he doesn't start and barely plays with FC Porto

Does he deserve a 87- 89 rating prediction? Especially since the likes of Hulk and Falcao there[/quote']

your thinking of valeri m8 , youve got the wrong 1...

Valeri is on loan to almeria and Derbypower is speaking of varela who has played loads of games and scored 6 already.

your thinking of valeri m8 ' date=' youve got the wrong 1...

Valeri is on loan to almeria and Derbypower is speaking of varela who has played loads of games and scored 6 already.[/quote']

Nah i was referring to Silvestre Valera who still plays for FC porto not Diego Hernan Valeri who is on loan with Almeria

Just wondering if he deserved the rise since I never seen him play before, wanted some feedback from Derbypower

Nah i was referring to Silvestre Valera who still plays for FC porto not Diego Hernan Valeri who is on loan with Almeria

Just wondering if he deserved the rise since I never seen him play before' date=' wanted some feedback from Derbypower[/quote']

he defo deserves it , should have rised last time but he got injured which i think that prevented it :(

Hey derbypower' date='

Does he deserve a 87- 89 rating prediction? Especially since the likes of Hulk and Falcao there[/quote']

Just wondering if he deserved the rise since I never seen him play before' date=' wanted some feedback from Derbypower[/quote']

Varela barely plays?? You're probably confusing him with someone else mate. Varela is a starter in Porto and takes part of our amazing attacking trio, with Falcao and Hulk. He has scored 7 goals this season, which is very decent considering he is a winger, and he is now regularly called for the Portuguese NT (although he is still behind the likes of Ronaldo or Nani). So yeah, he definitely deserves 87 -> 89.

PS: Indeed, he doesn't play much in Europa League, but it's simply because our manager prefers to play Cristian Rodriguez in those mid-week games.

I think he's still adapting to European football. He played the last game for Europa League' date=' against Besiktas, but he hasn't stole the place of Maicon nor Rolando (the first team central defenders) on the league games. It is expected that he will get more and more minutes of play on the coming games.

It's too early to say who is going to be better... really. Otamendi already plays for his NT, Carriço not yet, but I think he might have an opportunity to do it very soon, since the new national team manager of Portugal knows him well.[/quote']

oh, alright I'll go for Carrico then, thanks :)

Hey DP :) Odd request but could you put a link to the actual ratings thread in your sig or on the first page? Since there are rarely new posts it's well down the Player Ratings Board and I keep sifting through this thread for the link to your actual ratings thread :P

Watched the Portugal game yesterday and what a game! Glad to see Spain stuffed:D oh and the look on Ronaldo's face when Nani headed that ball in was priceless:D. For those who didn't see the game Ronaldo beat about 3 Spain players and then lobbed the 'keeper. Ball was comfortably going in (actually it did cross the line imo) until Nani poked his head and the goal was ruled out for offside. If you had played the way you did yesterday at the WC instead of the 10 man behind the ball stuff you would've beaten them.

Hey DP :) Odd request but could you put a link to the actual ratings thread in your sig or on the first page? Since there are rarely new posts it's well down the Player Ratings Board and I keep sifting through this thread for the link to your actual ratings thread :P

Will do ASAP.

Watched the Portugal game yesterday and what a game! Glad to see Spain stuffed:D oh and the look on Ronaldo's face when Nani headed that ball in was priceless:D. For those who didn't see the game Ronaldo beat about 3 Spain players and then lobbed the 'keeper. Ball was comfortably going in (actually it did cross the line imo) until Nani poked his head and the goal was ruled out for offside. If you had played the way you did yesterday at the WC instead of the 10 man behind the ball stuff you would've beaten them.

To be fair Spain didn't seem to care much about the result, but yes, Portugal played very well last night.

I'm not sure who Ronaldo was more angry at: Nani or the referee. He was furious and he even sent his capitan armband flying away after he heard the whistle. :o

Queiroz < Bento