PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread

Re: PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread

Ok, I just saw that they're starting with the Portuguese ratings already. :o

Good news: the predictions which I have are completely up-to-date.

Bad news: I wasn't quick enough, which means I currently have 6 teams without predictions of any kind. I was expecting the review to be made in December...

However the teams which I don't have in the main thread are bottom of the league, they wouldn't have any major riser anyway.

SM usually starts with the second division, but it looks like they won't be updating it either.

After braga's players got their poor (imo) ratings' date=' do I keep Elderson? Im guessing he could/should get 86/87 next time providing all goes well, but is he 90 rating material?

Cheers and good work :)[/quote']

No, I don't think that Elderson is 90 material. He plays for the Nigerian NT, thus I can seem him at ~88/89 tops. I suppose you could keep him around, he should rise again in the next changes.

Braga was reviewed very poorly... After all, they did finish second last season and they're playing Champions League football.

Lima and Matheus should have rose 1 extra point and I do not understand why Salino didn't get AT LEAST 86.

Moises is probably the best CB in Portugal at the moment and yet he didn't get 89... He scored the winner against Partizan too, for what's worth.

Let's see how SM fares with the big three... But so far I'm not very pleased with the changes. :rolleyes:

No' date=' I don't think that Elderson is 90 material. He plays for the Nigerian NT, thus I can seem him at ~88/89 tops. I suppose you could keep him around, he should rise again in the next changes.

Braga was reviewed very poorly... After all, they did finish second last season and they're playing Champions League football.

Lima and Matheus should have rose 1 extra point and I do not understand why Salino didn't get AT LEAST 86.

Moises is probably the best CB in Portugal at the moment and yet he didn't get 89... He scored the winner against Partizan too, for what's worth.

Let's see how SM fares with the big three... But so far I'm not very pleased with the changes. :rolleyes:[/quote']

I couldn't understand these changes as well

No' date=' I don't think that Elderson is 90 material. He plays for the Nigerian NT, thus I can seem him at ~88/89 tops. I suppose you could keep him around, he should rise again in the next changes.

Let's see how SM fares with the big three... But so far I'm not very pleased with the changes. :rolleyes:[/quote']

Silvio and Matheus: Will I bother to keep them?

Which are the youth players who will give a good rise?
Also How much is Daniel Carrico expected to rise to?
Jesus' date=' I'm starting to get annoyed with people asking if player "X" will rise.

CHECK THE PREDICTIONS. The link is in the first page.[/quote']

The answers to all your questions..

I am disappointed at SM leaving Ruben Brigido at 75. Even though he was mostly used as a sub, he has still appeared in every game, and so a rise of 3 would have been fair. If he had played 1 minute for Manchester United, his rating would bump up to 80. There were other ratings I was not happy with, it seems that SM has widened the gulf between the big 3 and the rest.

Delighted to see Varela and Coentrao get the rises I thought SM would be too generous to give! :D:P

I've had Hulk, Rodriguez, Coentrao, Luiz, the Pereiras, Maicon and Varela all rise today, thanks for the great predictions DP!

Re: Respuesta: PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread

Very surprised that Coentrao rose to 90 but he deserves it.

A bit disappointed with the rise of Salomao because I was expecting a +7 or so.

And I was expecting +3/4...

I looked at his stats and wasn't convinced at all.

Well, it came in between so I guess that's fair.

He did keep a clean sheet against Sporting' date=' but to be honest, Sporting really didn't create many opportunities. Roberto wasn't really tested.[b'] If Roberto gets 87, I'll eat my shorts![/b]

Roberto rose to 87 today:D It looks like someone has to eat his shorts:p:D

Roberto rose to 87 today:D It looks like someone has to eat his shorts:p:D

LOL, couldn't remember who said this (didn't think it was Pazz! :D), but when I saw his change I remembered the debate on this...

Guess you were right Pedro! :P

Portuguese ratings were ok, although some i don't understand.

Mariano Gonzalez is injured and dropped. Possibly a reason to drop him, was because he was dropped of the 23(or 25) men squad registered in the league. But as he hardly would recover before the next registration period makes sense leave him out.

Cristian Rodriguez, not a starter anymore, hardly an option even being available. Was not on WC and even with that stayed.

Belluschi still 89 while Aimar in Benfica is 90 rated, both aren't convoked for Argentina NT, Belluschi has been so fulcral as Hulk in the team and playing better than the other Argentine. Looking to maisfutebol ratings, Belluschi have a performing level of 3,50, being 5 the best, while Aimar have just 3,2. You can argue that Aimar is playing in European higher degree but his performances are a degree lower than the Porto's player and a difference in ratings are not justified.

The 87 in Sapunaru comparing to the 90 on Maxi Pereira is completely absurd. A Benfica friend of mine, said the game lost his total credibility when SM gave a 90 to Maxi. In fact, is not hard to agree with him. Sapunaru only not played3 games, but is the starter of Porto. And was rested in these 3 games. Sapunaru in these 7 games have a rating of 3,29 while the Uruguayan have just 2,70. Yeah, Maxi was in WC, was the starter of 4th best national team in world but wasn't surely by his exibitions that Uruguay arrived there. And based on the performances of the opening games of this season, he has not been good as..Roberto.. While Sapunaru is the starter of best Portuguese team atm, playing in a good level(let's see his performance against Benfica) and kept his 87.. :rolleyes:

The 90 of Coentrão is debatable, not as good as Alvaro, but better than some 89LB..

A rise to Carlos Martins was postponed again. When fit a starter in Benfica, recently a starter for Portugal, one goal against Spain and other saved by Pique over the line. Made 4 assists in the game against Lyon, a thing even the best players didn't done it. Plus a 3,22 rating in the 9 games he made.

Also surprised as Nuno A. Coelho not rose..

I would think it was fair to drop Mariano. Yes, he's injured, but Porto didn't have a very good season last year and the last time he played was when he took part in not so great performances. Now, I just don't see how he will possibly regain his place in the Porto lineup. The team is excellent in midfield and in the forward trident, and has plenty of (young) strength in reserve. He'll probably move on as a free agent, or at least that would be my guess, but I'm not an expert.

maxi pereira rise -90

Sapunaru stay - 87??? OMG

no comments :rolleyes:

Pereira played more this season, won Portuguese championship, and advanced in WC.

Deserved.

Sapunaru only played 7 games and hardly impressed in the WC...by not being there.