PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread

Re: PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread

Really? You did some research on Sapunaru? I think not. Sapunaru took part in 14 games for Porto so far. Twice than those that you mention. And of course' date=' you still have the Qualifiers with Romania.

[/quote']

I'm talking about League games...7 is the number I found from 2 sites. I highly doubt Sapunaru has played 14 league games this season for Porto, unless you'd like to argue that he has played 3 games on his own...my apologies if that wasn't clear.

And I was originally just here to say that Pereira had the ingredients for a rise, I'm not really even arguing about Sapunaru to either direction. Maybe he deserved a rise but cut SM some slack, they most likely are playing by the stats.

Just to be clear, for the umpteenth time, I'm not comparing Pereira to anyone else. Only whether or not he had or didn't have ingredients for a rise.

Jesus.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

After the checking the amount of comments in the main thread (despite my efforts to avoid having them there) and PM's both through the forum and in-game, I decided to create this thread so that you ca

Otavio only deserves a +1 I think. Braga have been dropping like a stone recently which may (and probably should) affect their review.  Rahul's predictions for the big 3 are fair, so for the othe

Re: PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread It has been a great journey since 2011, great people and great fun! And well, This is my forum post number 1000! I could

I'm talking about League games...7 is the number I found from 2 sites. I highly doubt Sapunaru has played 14 league games this season for Porto' date=' unless you'd like to argue that he has played 3 games on his own...my apologies if that wasn't clear.[/quote']

No, he didn't play 14 league matches. but Europa League and the Portuguese Cup and Supercup don't count as competitive matches now? Geez, SM is changing more and more each day it passes...

No' date=' he didn't play 14 league matches. but Europa League and the Portuguese Cup and Supercup don't count as competitive matches now? Geez, SM is changing more and more each day it passes...[/quote']

You're completely missing the point mate.

Pereira has played more in the league and he plays CL.

That was my point.

None of that really matters anymore.

How so ?

Well mentioning players like Heskey and James is pretty pointless - they didn't have good WC's and England didn't go far in the competition, so they're next review shall not take that into account (in a positive light).

As for Perez, you're right, but he plays for Bologna, an average team in Serie A. His next review should certainly take into account his WC performance, but he doesn't play for a team that are reigning champions and are competing in the Champions League.

The point is, Pereira's increase took into account a number of factors, including his WC performance.

Well mentioning players like Heskey and James is pretty pointless - they didn't have good WC's and England didn't go far in the competition' date=' so they're next review shall not take that into account (in a positive light).

As for Perez, you're right, but he plays for Bologna, an average team in Serie A. His next review should certainly take into account his WC performance, but he doesn't play for a team that are reigning champions and are competing in the Champions League.

The point is, Pereira's increase took into account a number of factors, including his WC performance.[/quote']

So, in this circunstances, am i wrong to hope an 89 for Andre Ayew and a 88 for Inkoom? All are starters, played almost all the games, were at good level in WC, are in champions league.. Maybe even a 89 for KPB?

So' date=' in this circunstances, am i wrong to hope an 89 for Andre Ayew and a 88 for Inkoom? All are starters, played almost all the games, were at good level in WC, are in champions league.. Maybe even a 89 for KPB?[/quote']

Pereira 89-->90

Ayew 84-->89

You're seriously arguing that it's the same thing?

So' date=' in this circunstances, am i wrong to hope an 89 for Andre Ayew and a 88 for Inkoom? All are starters, played almost all the games, were at good level in WC, are in champions league.. Maybe even a 89 for KPB?[/quote']

Come on, now you're being awkward..... :rolleyes:

Ayew was playing in Ligue 2 last season; Inkoom plays in the 16th-ranked European league and Boateng played for a team that got relegated last season. Point is, that the WC is one factor when analysing a rating change. It is not the only factor.

Pereira 89-->90

Ayew 84-->89

You're seriously arguing that it's the same thing?

I was just asking.. never knew that making a question would offend you..

Well' date=' Ayew [i']forced[/i] a teammate rated 89 to leave on loan, according to l'Equipe have an average performance slighty better comparing with Valbuena(5,9 to 5,8), his country had a better performance than France in WC, personally he had a better WC than both other OM players.. plays in a better team than Maxi, in a better league.. his team qualified for next CL phase while Benfica not, his team are more close to the top than Benfica is. Marseille won the French super cup while Benfica not..

Just some thoughts..

I was just asking.. never knew that making a question would offend you..

Well' date=' Ayew [i']forced[/i] a teammate rated 89 to leave on loan, according to l'Equipe have an average performance slighty better comparing with Valbuena(5,9 to 5,8), his country had a better performance than France in WC, personally he had a better WC than both other OM players.. plays in a better team than Maxi, in a better league.. his team qualified for next CL phase while Benfica not, his team are more close to the top than Benfica is. Marseille won the French super cup while Benfica not..

Just some thoughts..

You're not new to the game, you know how the ratings changes work. They rise gradually. Ayew may very well be 89 in a year. Just not in one hop.

Gosh.

I take it SM won't re-evaluate their decision not to give Sapunaru a rise?

Nope. :o

Hey DP' date=' I've got a massive squad full of risers, and should I keep one of the following?

Henrique WALTER

Alan KARDEC

Thanks.[/quote']

If I had to keep one of them, I'd stick with Walter. Otherwise just sell them both.

Hey Derby (or Gizb if you're there?) :) Just wondered as to your (hopefully unbiased) opinion on David Luiz. I know he rose recently and will almost certainly rise further after moving from Benfica before the end of summer '11 but what is his real future potential in your opinion? Whenever I've seen him (bits for Brazil and Benfica) he hasn't looked all too assured at the back... He was out of position a fair bit for the national team when I've seen him and Hulk tore him to shreds against Porto (though that was at LB). I just get the impression he just doesn't quite have the defensive edge to really make it as a top CB...

Hey Derby (or Gizb if you're there?) :) Just wondered as to your (hopefully unbiased) opinion on David Luiz. I know he rose recently and will almost certainly rise further after moving from Benfica before the end of summer '11 but what is his real future potential in your opinion? Whenever I've seen him (bits for Brazil and Benfica) he hasn't looked all too assured at the back... He was out of position a fair bit for the national team when I've seen him and Hulk tore him to shreds against Porto (though that was at LB). I just get the impression he just doesn't quite have the defensive edge to really make it as a top CB...

He played well last season, but I'm unsure about him... He's having a very nefarious influence on the team this season, and off the top of my head I can name 4 matches where he had a lot of responsibilities over the outcome: Porto (Supercup and League), Schalke (CL) and Hapoel (CL). Which were basically the most important matches Benfica had so far (barring the clashes with Lyon)...

I said last year that David Luiz was good... when playing against Naval, Paços de Ferreira or Olhanense. And people wanted my head to roll, saying I was totally biased. Well... Look at him now.

Back to SM, if I had him in my team (and I do, actually) I'd try to get a strong P/E deal, which shouldn't be too hard. In any competitive game world David Luiz should be an enticing name.

Re: Respuesta: PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread

With all this extra bonuses for WC performances i believe SM forgot about Fucile. He did outstanding in the WC and was part of the best 11.

:confused:

Except he barely ever plays for Porto... Emidio Rafael was preferred to Fucile at LB in spite of Pereira's injury, and Sapunaru plays ahead of him at RB... If anything Fucile deserved a drop and perhaps his WC performance saved his rating.

Respuesta: Re: Respuesta: PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussi

Except he barely ever plays for Porto... Emidio Rafael was preferred to Fucile at LB in spite of Pereira's injury' date=' and Sapunaru plays ahead of him at RB... If anything Fucile deserved a drop and perhaps his WC performance saved his rating.[/quote']

I see...

Maybe his WC prevented him from dropping indeed.

How true are the rumors of Christian Rodriguez moving out to Atletico de Madrid? Anyone knows?

Hi' date='

What do you think of [b']João Gonçalves[/b], who plays at Olhanense, but is on loan from Sporting... I bought him as a moneymaker, but do you think he is worth keeping?

Thanks! :)

It might be worth to keep him for another season to see if he will integrate Sporting's first team or not.

hi there' date='

i have a question for you about tiago rabiola, can you tell me how he is fairing, and do you consider him to still be a great prospect ? thanks in advance.[/quote']

Unfortunately I don't think Rabiola has what it takes to be more than a slightly above average player. Sell him.

How true are the rumors of Christian Rodriguez moving out to Atletico de Madrid? Anyone knows?

I think he'll leave in January or at the end of the season, possibly to Atletico de Madrid or Everton.