PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread

Re: PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread

Just to let everyone know that David Luiz's deal to Chelsea has failed, so don't expect any rase from him for the remainder of the season.

On another note, Benfica has also confirmed Lionel CAROLE, 19 year old LB from Nantes.

He's to be the backup for Coentrão and SM rates him at just 76.

Coentrão will surely leave at the end of the season, so Carole might be a good riser in prospect if he gets play time and delivers good enough performances to keep him in the squad.

Also keep in sight Juan Manuel Iturbe (77, Quilmes) and Kelvin Mateus (75, Paraná), both 17 years old and said to have great talent and future. As it seems, both of them have signed with Porto for next season.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

After the checking the amount of comments in the main thread (despite my efforts to avoid having them there) and PM's both through the forum and in-game, I decided to create this thread so that you ca

Otavio only deserves a +1 I think. Braga have been dropping like a stone recently which may (and probably should) affect their review.  Rahul's predictions for the big 3 are fair, so for the othe

Re: PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread It has been a great journey since 2011, great people and great fun! And well, This is my forum post number 1000! I could

After all it did happen: David Luiz moves to Chelsea!

Another portuguese confirmed deals of the day (so far):

IN

Bruno Moraes (78, FWD/W, Gloria Bistrita) to Naval 1º de Maio

Tiago Rosa (NoDB, Def, Oriental) to Naval 1º de Maio

William (84, CF, Vitória de Guimarães) to Vitória de Setúbal

Luiz Carlos (NoDB, GK, Monte Azul) to União de Leiria

Lucas Caca (84, AM/FWD, Odense) to União de Leiria

João Silva (80, CF, Everton) to União de Leiria

Darko Bodul (78, CF, Ajax) to Nacional da Madeira

Cepeda (NoDB, Med, Sertanense) to União de Leiria

Carlos Daniel (NoBD, CF, União de Leiria) signed a pro-contract

Diego Silva (79, GK, Sporting de Braga) to Naval

William Tiero (84, CM/RM, CSKA Sofia) to Olhanense

Jan Oblak (78, GK, Benfica) to Olhanense

João Pedro (80, AM/CM, Palermo) to Vitória de Guimarães

OUT

David Luiz (90, CB/LB, Benfica) to Chelsea

Liesdon (91, CF, Sporting CP) to Corinthians

Freddy Adu (82, AM/FWD, Benfica) to Caykur Rizespor

After all it did happen: David Luiz moves to Chelsea!

Another portuguese confirmed deals of the day (so far):

IN

Bruno Moraes (78' date=' FWD/W, Gloria Bistrita) to Naval 1º de Maio

Tiago Rosa (NoDB, Def, Oriental) to Naval 1º de Maio

William (84, CF, Vitória de Guimarães) to Vitória de Setúbal

Luiz Carlos (NoDB, GK, Monte Azul) to União de Leiria

Lucas Caca (84, AM/FWD, Odense) to União de Leiria

João Silva (80, CF, Everton) to União de Leiria

Darko Bodul (78, CF, Ajax) to Nacional da Madeira

Cepeda (NoDB, Med, Sertanense) to União de Leiria

Carlos Daniel (NoBD, CF, União de Leiria) signed a pro-contract

Diego Silva (79, GK, Sporting de Braga) to Naval

William Tiero (84, CM/RM, CSKA Sofia) to Olhanense

Jan Oblak (78, GK, Benfica) to Olhanense

João Pedro (80, AM/CM, Palermo) to Vitória de Guimarães

[b']OUT[/b]

David Luiz (90, CB/LB, Benfica) to Chelsea

Liesdon (91, CF, Sporting CP) to Corinthians

Freddy Adu (82, AM/FWD, Benfica) to Caykur Rizespor

One of the few Portuguese players that were sold to a Brazilian club ;)B)

Official: David Luiz at Chelsea for 25 million euros + Matic

Good luck David !!

:'(

Now you have an excuse when you lose next Wednesday ;)

hey derby was wondering whats your opinion on these 3 players for the next rating change.

Rúben BRIGIDO-19yr CM 75 - been watching him play some games and he looks like he has potential to be a very good player in the future. has 16 games and 478 minutes played so far this season

Diogo AMADO 21yr CM 75 - he has been just as good as brigido but he has been logging more time on field and even scored a goal. he has 7 games and 501 minutes with 1 goal

Rui Rego 30yr GK 80 - i would say he has been one of the best goalies in the Portuguese league and wondering what your thoughts on the next rating change will be for him..

also whats your thoughts on Hugo Viera? the guy that scored 2 goals against porto? you think he has potential?

hey derby was wondering whats your opinion on these 3 players for the next rating change.

Rúben BRIGIDO-19yr CM 75 - been watching him play some games and he looks like he has potential to be a very good player in the future. has 16 games and 478 minutes played so far this season

Diogo AMADO 21yr CM 75 - he has been just as good as brigido but he has been logging more time on field and even scored a goal. he has 7 games and 501 minutes with 1 goal

Rui Rego 30yr GK 80 - i would say he has been one of the best goalies in the Portuguese league and wondering what your thoughts on the next rating change will be for him..

also whats your thoughts on Hugo Viera? the guy that scored 2 goals against porto? you think he has potential?

Ruben Brigido: He has been used mostly as a sub but Leiria might get a place in Europa League next year' date=' I'd say he is pushing up for the high 70s (78 or 79).

[b']Diogo Amado[/b]: Brigido has been used much more frequently, although Amado seems to have grabbed a place in the XI. He'll probably get the same rise as Brigido.

Rui Rego: Yes, he has been very solid and Beira-Mar can thank him for their 5th best defence in the league. He is looking at a +3.

Hugo Vieira: I didn't know who he was before the match against Porto. Anyway, he is the top scorer in the Portuguese League Cup and Gil Vicente might get the promotion this year. At just 22 years of age he seems like a safe bet for any top tier Portuguese mid-table side. I'm not sure if he is at the DB though.

Is salvio playing well?

Yes. He will rise to 88, maybe even to 89 if he performs consistently well like he is doing ATM until the end of the season.

Will Pereira MAICON get a rise during the next ratings review? How does he compare to Jorge ROLANDO?

Derby will answer better than me, but imo Maicon is losing his place in the starting 11 to Otamendi. It doesn't mean he won't rise, but I don't see him getting to the level Otamendi can and Rolando is.

Derby will answer better than me' date=' but imo Maicon is losing his place in the starting 11 to Otamendi. It doesn't mean he won't rise, but I don't see him getting to the level Otamendi can and Rolando is.[/quote']

Yep, Maicon definitely needs a reality check. Rolando and Otamendi are the starting centre backs at the moment and Maicon needs to stop committing the small and stupid mistakes he is doing in order to get back on track. That said, I still think he has the potential to be the new Pepe. He is also our best ball playing centre back, for what's worth.

I wouldn't rule out an 88 just yet, although it seems much more likely that Otamendi gets an 89 instead.

José Luis Fernández had a great game against Aves at the weekend from what I saw. Great talent and was a good buy for Benfica. So good to see Salvio with some confidence again, running at defences, cutting in, being a general nuisance. Wonder how much chance Benfica will have of getting him permanently in Summer.

José Luis Fernández had a great game against Aves at the weekend from what I saw. Great talent and was a good buy for Benfica. So good to see Salvio with some confidence again' date=' running at defences, cutting in, being a general nuisance. Wonder how much chance Benfica will have of getting him permanently in Summer.[/quote']

Really? I thought he was pretty average... But it was his first game, I wouldn't expect much more of him. He did grab an assist though.

12 million according to the Portuguese press.

Really? I thought he was pretty average... But it was his first game' date=' I wouldn't expect much more of him. He did grab an assist though.

12 million according to the Portuguese press.[/quote']

I agree, pretty average, although it was his debut.

I didn't see any dribbling or pace skills. Just a nice cross and some tackles.

I still don't know what to make of him, but everyone needs and deserves an adaptation period. We'll see.

And yeah, Salvio is probably out of Benfica's reach.

As famiously made, Kleber did never move to Porto. Although he's at occasions been rumored with a move to north Porto, he never did move, as I said. Now, apparently, Sporting tried to land him in the final days of this past winter-mercato, but they failed to land him (or at least what's been said). Porto also tried to lure in a bid, but failed to land him as well. Sporting tried to land him as a replacement to the departing Liedson, but once again, they failed to land Kleber.

Kleber was owned by another team until just days ago - he was owned by Atletico Mineiro. If you would have wanted to secure his signature, you'd have to pay Atletico Mineiro a decent amount of cash and also compensate Maritimo in order to secure that they'd terminate his loan there. I also have to mentioned that Maritimo actually had a buy-out clause baked-in for him, which could be seen as another factor to why they wanted compensation. Apparently, Sporting was ready to compensate them and they accepted the bid for that, but when Sporting tried to negotiate with the Brazilian outfit, something went wrong. According to Atletico Mineiro, Sporting did never put in a bid worth discussing about. It's got to be mentioned that Sporting and Porto put in a bid to Maritimo for Kleber just days before the window closed. When Atletico Mineiro then showed everyone the fax, it was reported that Sporting's bid was the better than the Porto one (Sporting offered €2.5 million).

On the last day of the transfer-window, you could see that Kleber actually moved permanently to one side - it was neither Sporting nor Porto - it was Maritimo, who payed those € 2.5 million. It is widely seen as strange that a team outside the top four of Portugal actually could have afford to pay a decent amount of sum for just one player! When I first heard about this, I had my doubts that money-laundering was invovled in this particular situation. I mean, Maritimo would sooner or later get revealed and their administration would end in smoke, so you could kind of see why I had my doubts about this. So, it's been reported that Sporting payed Maritimo those € 2.5 million in order to secure Kleber's contract. However, as I said - it's only been reported, so I cannot guarantuee that Kleber will be a Sporting player by June. One thing is for though: Kleber is now finally owned to 100% by a Portugueese team.

As famiously made' date=' Kleber did never move to Porto. Although he's at occasions been rumored with a move to north Porto, he never did move, as I said. Now, apparently, Sporting tried to land him in the final days of this past winter-mercato, but they failed to land him (or at least what's been said). Porto also tried to lure in a bid, but failed to land him as well. Sporting tried to land him as a replacement to the departing Liedson, but once again, they failed to land Kleber.

Kleber was owned by another team until just days ago - he was owned by Atletico Mineiro. If you would have wanted to secure his signature, you'd have to pay Atletico Mineiro a decent amount of cash and also compensate Maritimo in order to secure that they'd terminate his loan there. I also have to mentioned that Maritimo actually had a buy-out clause baked-in for him, which could be seen as another factor to why they wanted compensation. Apparently, Sporting was ready to compensate them and they accepted the bid for that, but when Sporting tried to negotiate with the Brazilian outfit, something went wrong. According to Atletico Mineiro, Sporting did never put in a bid worth discussing about. It's got to be mentioned that Sporting and Porto put in a bid to Maritimo for Kleber just days before the window closed. When Atletico Mineiro then showed everyone the fax, it was reported that Sporting's bid was the better than the Porto one (Sporting offered €2.5 million).

On the last day of the transfer-window, you could see that Kleber actually moved permanently to one side - it was neither Sporting nor Porto - it was Maritimo, who payed those € 2.5 million. It is widely seen as strange that a team outside the top four of Portugal actually could have afford to pay a decent amount of sum for just one player! When I first heard about this, I had my doubts that money-laundering was invovled in this particular situation. I mean, Maritimo would sooner or later get revealed and their administration would end in smoke, so you could kind of see why I had my doubts about this. So, it's been [b']reported[/b] that Benfica payed Maritimo those € 2.5 million in order to secure Kleber's contract. However, as I said - it's only been reported, so I cannot guarantuee that Kleber will be a Sporting player by June. One thing is for though: Kleber is now finally owned to 100% by a Portugueese team.

There you go. ;) I'd also like to single out the words "money laundering".

Cheers' date=' but has it been make official? Couldn't really find any updates of the news-flashes from Portugal.[/quote']

Nope, nothing is official yet. But it's pretty obvious.

1) Maritimo is one of Benfica's feeder clubs

2) Their chairman isn't very fond of Porto

3) Maritimo has absolutely no conditions to purchase a player for 2,5M, no matter what the instalments are

4) Porto wanted the player. That's enough for Benfica to interfere (the other way round happens as well -James; Alvaro Pereira; etc.)

You'll see Kleber in Benfica next season, I'm sure of it. But hey, we already sent our compliments to Maritimo: we're signing Djalma on a free transfer (end of contract). He was arguably one of their few players who could give them a 7 digit profit.

You'll see Kleber in Benfica next season' date=' I'm sure of it. But hey, we already sent our compliments to Maritimo: we're signing Djalma on a free transfer (end of contract). He was arguably one of their few players who could give them a 7 digit profit.[/quote']

I forgot to mention that he was on his way to Sporting this past winter-mercato, but Porto, like Benfica in the Kleber case, came between...

what will happen to orlando sa? injuries have ruined him :mad:

Orlando Sá is having an unlucky season' date=' has been injured several times ...

Really? I thought he was pretty average... But it was his first game, I wouldn't expect much more of him. He did grab an assist though.

12 million according to the Portuguese press.

Agree !

About Salvio, some press talking about 8M and 15M in another. Nobody really knows the value.

I hope Benfica can buy him. B)

Nope' date=' nothing is official yet. But it's pretty obvious.

1) Maritimo is one of Benfica's feeder clubs

2) Their chairman isn't very fond of Porto

3) Maritimo has absolutely no conditions to purchase a player for 2,5M, no matter what the instalments are

4) Porto wanted the player. That's enough for Benfica to interfere (the other way round happens as well -James; Alvaro Pereira; etc.)

You'll see Kleber in Benfica next season, I'm sure of it. But hey, we already sent our compliments to Maritimo: we're signing Djalma on a free transfer (end of contract). He was arguably one of their few players who could give them a 7 digit profit.[/quote']

1) Not really... In the last 6 years Benfica just bought one player to Marítimo, was Gustavo Manduca.

2) According to its chairman, Marítimo received threats from Porto for the transfer of Kléber.

3) Wrong. According to its chairman, Marítimo have already exercised the preemptive right, in FIFA, for the same value that Sporting offered (€ 2.350M).

4) It was the opposite. Benfica shows interest, then who buying is Porto.

And certainly, Kléber will not go to Benfica.

I hope Benfica can buy him. B)

No chance. We're talking about wages of approx. 2 million/year' date=' adding to an investment of 12 million Euros. Benfica managed to stabilize their financial situation with the sales of Ramires, Di Maria and David Luiz but things still don't look neat. I doubt they would jeopardize their big step with one single purchase.

1) Not really... In the last 6 years Benfica just bought one player to Marítimo, was Gustavo Manduca.

2) According to its chairman, Marítimo received threats from Porto for the transfer of Kléber.

3) Wrong. According to its chairman, Marítimo have already exercised the preemptive right, in FIFA, for the same value that Sporting offered (€ 2.350M).

4) It was the opposite. Benfica shows interest, then who buying is Porto.

You're out of context. Go on and read the brief conversation I had with Pazz.

And certainly, Kléber will not go to Benfica.

Hopefully... But I think I figured everything out and your comment isn't going anywhere, so I can always come back and torment you. :P