PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread

Re: PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread

Now that Luiz has left will this give Miranda Roderick a chance to eshablish himself in the Benfica side?

No, but it will give Sidnei a chance to establish himself in the starting XI. Roderick won't be more than a bench option for the remainder of the season. He's a good prospect though.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

After the checking the amount of comments in the main thread (despite my efforts to avoid having them there) and PM's both through the forum and in-game, I decided to create this thread so that you ca

Otavio only deserves a +1 I think. Braga have been dropping like a stone recently which may (and probably should) affect their review.  Rahul's predictions for the big 3 are fair, so for the othe

Re: PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread - Discussion Thread It has been a great journey since 2011, great people and great fun! And well, This is my forum post number 1000! I could

I knew it was just a matter of time before Benfica would be pulled in this quarrel between Porto and Sporting about Kleber...

Lets be unbiased and honest here: Why would Benfica want a bellow average player for a position that they have surplus?

Cardozo, Saviola, Alan Kardec, Jara, Weldon, Nuno Gomes, Nélson Oliveira (loaned out), Éder Luis (loaned out), Rodrigo (loaned out)...

Kleber will surely be a Porto player sooner or later imo. Lets see how many matches he will be left forgotten in the stands :P

I knew it was just a matter of time before Benfica would be pulled in this quarrel between Porto and Sporting about Kleber...

Lets be unbiased and honest here: Why would Benfica want a bellow average player for a position that they have surplus?

Cardozo' date=' Saviola, Alan Kardec, Jara, Weldon, Nuno Gomes, Nélson Oliveira (loaned out), Éder Luis (loaned out), Rodrigo (loaned out)...

Kleber will surely be a Porto player sooner or later imo. Lets see how many matches he will be left forgotten in the stands :P[/quote']

Bolton want to buy Rodrigo, Nuno Gomes isn't in his last year in Benfica? I think Benfica were available to sell Eder Luis. Weldon barely has played and due to his age probably is going to be released or sold.. Nelson Oliveira might be loaned out again. Mantorras might end his career. So you might need to buy a few forwards in summer.

About Kleber, I think that is he that is going to decide where he will play. Maritimo can use the buy option to get him, but he can refuse to move there in a permanent basis.. And a move to Porto can be likely due to the better relations Porto have with Atletico Mineiro and as Porto showed real interest in him first. Also because if the race it's only between Porto and Sporting, the Champions League factor and the fact in Porto he is more likely to get honours might weight in his choice.

I think Benfica bought 20% of Salvio when they got him on loan. And with the funds of David Luiz they probably will want to buy him.. But with the departure of Simao from Atletico they have been bad on wings, I think they will give Salvio another chance and will not sell him in summer.

Do you see Joao Silva getting games whilst on loan at União de Leiria from Everton. I heard some decent things about the lad when he came to Everton but he has never been given a chance.

I think so because U. Leiria sold their best striker (Carlão) recently and they need a new reference in the attack.

And I hope he plays and score many goals because the National Team needs new forwards ! :)

The move to Everton was a mistake !! :/

Bolton want to buy Rodrigo' date=' Nuno Gomes isn't in his last year in Benfica? I think Benfica were available to sell Eder Luis. Weldon barely has played and due to his age probably is going to be released or sold.. Nelson Oliveira might be loaned out again. Mantorras might end his career. So you might need to buy a [i']few[/i] forwards in summer.

Bolton wanting Rodrigo and getting Rodrigo are two different things. I don't think Benfica is available to sell him right now regarding his potential. He can give Benfica another deal like Di Maria in 2-3 years.

Even without most of their forwards, Benfica will have the money to sign nice ones. It makes no sense to me to get a player from Maritimo that isn't that great anyway. He's not doing anything in the lines of what Nene did for Nacional, for example.

But I don't see Benfica selling/loaning many of them.

Hugo Vieira: I didn't know who he was before the match against Porto. Anyway' date=' he is the top scorer in the Portuguese League Cup and Gil Vicente might get the promotion this year. At just 22 years of age he seems like a safe bet for any top tier Portuguese mid-table side. I'm not sure if he is at the DB though.

[/quote']

I'm from barcelos so i follow gil vicente and i can say that hugo vieira and zé luis are definitely the two of best players we had in the last couple years only outshadowed by Braima in 2003 (just kidding, **** i miss the first division xD) anyway imo zé luis is even better than hugo vieira and he is younger to, it was been reported that he (zé luis) will join braga next season but our president (fiuza <3) said to the local media that there is no agreement with braga, so he remains with us, hopefully for many years!

I see Joao Gonçalves has gone 18 games (starts) without scoring this season to follow up 16 last season. I'm guessing this won't impress Sporting enough to want him in the first team next season' date=' or am I missing something with this fella?[/quote']

If you're talking about João Gonçalves of Olhanense (loaned by Sporting), he's RB... ;)

If you're talking about João Gonçalves of Olhanense (loaned by Sporting)' date=' he's [b']RB[/b]... ;)

Argh! Right...

I was looking at the stats for Jorge Gonçalves (also of Olhanense) by mistake.

Teams should be banned from having two players with the same initial and surname ><

*slinks away into the darkness*

Well, as Costinha went out to the press and defended himself from the anger of the Sporting fans as a result of the non-luxury results Sporting have been getting away with under his era as a sports-manager. I actually believe in what he has been saying, as I cannot think anyone would want to critize their own chefs right through the country's press like Costinha did. If he wanted to get the axe from his job, he could have just said right into Bettencourt's face, no?

These media-bull about him beeing the reason to Pongolle's transfer to Sporting for the over-paid fee of €6.5 million is just as I said - media-bull. According to Costinha, the media contacted daily under his first day at office as a sports-manager. They tried to contact him as much as they could in order to keep providing news-tabloids, but when he didn't gave them what they desired, they started to spread rumors about him. Hilarious rumors such as ''Costinha has forbidden Sporting-directors to wear jeans at work'' or ''Costinha has forbidden the Sporting players to get tatooes and to wear ear-rings'' started to wind up. Ridicolous rumors, huh?

According to Costinha, things such as the following was never materialized thanks to the Bettencourt and co (things that Costinha was working for to go through);

• The now famous sale of Liedson was never a work of art made by Costinha. Costinha got information about the Liedson-deal just when the deal was set to be finished, so it was almost impossible for him to not stop (if he didn't want to get fired, obviously). So, who was behind it then? Well, the surname starts with B and end with a T - DP, you know how much I dislike (hate?) the guy...

• The economy of Sporting ain't in the best shape at the moment, that's a fact. The potential buyers of the club (that Angolian dude and two others) wants to introduce an interesting plan for Sporting in order to secure their future (Sporting have over €2.000.000 still in debt). Anyway, Costinha stated that ''Trezeguet was missed out for only €100.000''. Everything about the Frenchmans own personal contract was secured, but Bettencourt and co. didn't want to pay those €100.000 for Trezeguet, which made the French guy heading to Alicante!

• Camoranesi was missed out as well thanks to Bettencourt and his partners (not Costinha)...

If you're wondering ~ Yes, Costinha later got fired (yesterday) by the soon-to-be old board. Of course there aren't any evidence Costinha is telling the truth, but come on, the fans were already upset with him and the board, so why would he lies right infront of their in the middle of the heat? Costinha also put his job on the line here, as he wasn't obviously fired at the time. With Bettencourt beeing a strange man these latest years and with having the worst board I've ever seen, it doesn't need much of a genius to see that Costinha has been telling us the truth.

Can anyone tell me what happened to Romeu Ribeiro?

Apaprently he was contracted to Benfica and was loaned out to Trofense last year. This year he apparently moved to Maritimo but didn't play yet.

Since he is a multiple portugese youth international i was wondering, did he get a serious injury or something? Thx.

Have anyone can give me opinion about Azevedo Silvio and Nelson Oliveira ?

Silvio has been playing very good. A nice surprise really that even got him into the NT. He has been injured for the past month, but he's back.

Nelson Oliveira is one of the most talented portuguese youngsters. He's also getting play time and some goals to his name.

One for the future indeed.

Can anyone tell me what happened to Romeu Ribeiro?

Apaprently he was contracted to Benfica and was loaned out to Trofense last year. This year he apparently moved to Maritimo but didn't play yet.

Since he is a multiple portugese youth international i was wondering' date=' did he get a serious injury or something? Thx.[/quote']

I don't recall any serious injury. I guess he just didn't develop into the player he could have, unfortunately.

Just like João Coimbra, he reached the seniors and stagnated:(

Could you please give me your opinion on James Rodrigues'' date=' Hulk, Coentrao, Sidnei, Salvio, Carracio, Gaitan and Maicon's ratings? Just a "current rating > your predicted rating short and long term"

I will rep. ;):)[/quote']

That should do it:

FC Porto

Benfica

Sporting

Hello DP,

Been ages, hope you are still doing awesome. I checked your other thread and you have Andre Santos down for a rise to 87. I'm more interested in how he's been playing this season though.

Still a promising player or should I trade him on now? :)

Hello DP' date='

Been ages, hope you are still doing awesome. I checked your other thread and you have Andre Santos down for a rise to 87. I'm more interested in how he's been playing this season though.

Still a promising player or should I trade him on now? :)[/quote']

Sporting's midfielders are nothing special and nobody stands out IMO. André Santos is probably the most consistent among them. I'd keep him until his next rise and decide what to do then.