Sign in to follow this  
Halstinho

Zlatan To Barca - Helb & Eto'o To Inter?

ibrahimovic_etoo01g.jpg

After Barcelona signed Brazilian for a fee of €4.5m, there was speculation that they would be a Zlatan and Eto'o swap deal. Mino Raiola (Zlatan's agent) would not comment about this and he told SVT Sport that he would speak on Monday about this.

According to Barcelona chairman Joan Laporta, he has confirmed that there is an agreement between both clubs for Ibrahimovic to join the club in exchange for Eto'o and a certain fee.

http://www.fcbarcelona.com/web/english/noticies/futbol/temporada09-10/07/n090717105959.html

Joan Laporta has confirmed that there is an agreement in principle between FC Barcelona and Inter Milan for Ibrahimovic to join the club in exchange for Eto'o and a certain fee.

During the press conference to present Maxwell, Joan Laporta has stated that there is an agreement in principle with the Italian club for the transfer of Ibrahimovic. As Samuel Eto'o also forms part of the deal, the Barcelona president has commented that this agreement is being conditioned by the fact that both players have to settle their interests with what could be their new clubs.

According to Inter chairman Massimo Moratti, he said that they are still negotiating.

http://www.inter.it/aas/news/reader?N=31718&L=en

http://www.inter.it/aas/news/reader?N=31729&L=en

President Moratti, at what point are negotiations with Barcelona for a potential swap deal involving Ibrahimovic and Eto'o?

"We are negotiating. We think it's an interesting operation."

What are the terms of this deal?

"The terms are those of an important economic offer. There's still something to be understood and it has to be done intelligently, because there are also the players in the middle. So it's something we are evaluating and we think it's something that can be discussed."

Now we are trying to conclude for Hleb, and we obviously talked about other things because for them it was interesting to know something about Ibrahimovic. We also spoke about Eto'o to understand if it's possible to do a deal with these two players. But this meeting was something between two presidents to understand if there are other possibilities to work together."

What are the possibilities of Zlatan Ibrahimovic going to play for Barcelona?

"There's no need for percentages. I think it's to do with the desire of the player and the rapport that exists between myself and Laporta. We will see."

Eto'o to Inter. A possibility?

"If an operation of this kind was carried out, it would regard both players."

Will there be another meeting with Laporta?

"Maybe we will meet halfway. No meetings have been arranged."

But according to some reports, they is a 3rd player involved in this. Belarus captain Alexander Hleb. It is reported that he is set to move on-loan to Inter. The deal is reported to be worth €40million + Eto'o + Helb on a season long loan. Now everything is up to the players involved.

hleb_280x439_28676a.jpg

http://www.lastampa.it/sport/cmsSezioni/calciomercato/200907articoli/21564girata.asp

http://svt.se/2.21662/1.1628341/barca_upp_till_zlatan_och_eto_o_nu?lid=senasteNytt_268611&lpos=rubrik_1628341

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12874_5438743,00.html

http://svt.se/2.21531/1.1627662/zlatan_dyr_affar_for_barcelona?lid=puff_1627667&lpos=rubrik

So, what's your opinion about this?

And Stay Tuned To See What Will Happen Next!

Re: Zlatan To Barca - Helb & Eto'o To Inter?

According to Aftonbladet's Sportbladet, they met Zlatan in an pre-season training session in LA. He says that if the club is serious about this then he would be interested. He said that he knew nothing about this a while ago.

http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportbladet/fotbollsbladet/internationell/italien/article5528198.ab

Guest Football8

Tbh I think this is a rip for Barca as Ibrahimovic is mostly good in Serie A and La liga's kind of better and also Eto'o knows what he's doing at Barca, scoring game in, game out.

Although with the players behind Ibrahimovic, it will allow his quality to adapt as soon as possible.

an absolutely shocking deal for barca, they are forced into it, since etoo is so desperate to leave

one is completely unproven in the champions league, while the other has scored vital goals in 2 champions league finals. add in the fact they are both of similar age.......

Barcelona are paying way over the odds but if you look at what skill Ibrahimovic has and the damage he can do with a team with players like Messi, Xavi, Iniesta and Henry is pretty scary. Fine he has attitude problems but Eto'o has a questionable attitude too. Eto'o is older, has 1 year left on his deal and Laporta and him are not on the best of terms it makes sense to move him on. Anyway here are some videos of what Ibrahimovic can do:

Fine Barcelona have paid over the odds for him but do not let it take away from what a brilliant football player they are getting in return.

Barcelona are paying way over the odds but if you look at what skill Ibrahimovic has and the damage he can do with a team with players like Messi' date=' Xavi, Iniesta and Henry is pretty scary. Fine he has attitude problems but Eto'o has a questionable attitude too. Eto'o is older, has 1 year left on his deal and Laporta and him are not on the best of terms it makes sense to move him on. Anyway here are some videos of what Ibrahimovic can do:

Fine Barcelona have paid over the odds for him but do not let it take away from what a brilliant football player they are getting in return.[/quote']

etoo will forever be a more complete striker than ibra. and that's not being subjective. ibra cant run to save his backside.

etoo will forever be a more complete striker than ibra. and that's not being subjective. ibra cant run to save his backside.

I agree totally agree here. Ibrahimovic may be a more technician player, but Eto´o is much more complete. At most they are both in the same standard and in a deal like this Inter comes way on top.

Well, if it really goes through, I guess La Liga just topped EPL. The best of the best will play in Spain. The top attractions from Serie A moved to La Liga, one of the most mediatic players in the EPL left towards Spain as well... I´d say the only thing that´s missing would be a Gerrard and a Rooney and a Bruno Alves B).

IMO I think Ibra is better than Eto'o:eek:

And people are going on about a rip off a deal. Hleb is only going for loan remember so expect him back at Barca after one season with Inter. Not to mention Barca also get Maxwell. So basically Eto'o + Cash = Ibra & Maxwell..... Pretty good deal on SM if you ask me:D:p

Ibra may not be able to run, but he is a target man. Someone who can hold up the ball and wait for Messi and Henry on the wings (Barca play 4-3-3 wingers) so in that sense, his attributes and playing style will compliment Barca's formation anf tactics.

And who knows,,,? He may even produce some more magic and answer his critics at Barca.

But remember...Hleb is like a by product at Barca...Unneeded....

Maxwell + Ibra = Eto'o Cash..... I'd bite your arm off tbh.

i watch ibra play as regularly as most of you guys watch gerrard or rooney. did i mention that ibra, as skillful and creative as he is, actually misses a lot of easy chances? the kind of chances etoo can finish with his eyes closed? lol

i think ibra is a terrific footballer, one of the most creative strikers out there. and i although i would favour etoo ahead of him on anyday for the reasons i listed above, there probably isnt much between them in terms of their overall transfer worth. which makes it more shocking that barca thinks it's a good deal to bid 35million pounds+etoo for ibra. that's all...

Guest Football8

IMO I think Ibra is better than Eto'o:eek:

And people are going on about a rip off a deal. Hleb is only going for loan remember so expect him back at Barca after one season with Inter. Not to mention Barca also get Maxwell. So basically Eto'o + Cash = Ibra & Maxwell..... Pretty good deal on SM if you ask me:D:p

Ibra may not be able to run' date=' but he is a target man. Someone who can hold up the ball and wait for Messi and Henry on the wings (Barca play 4-3-3 wingers) so in that sense, his attributes and playing style will compliment Barca's formation anf tactics.

And who knows,,,? He may even produce some more magic and answer his critics at Barca.

But remember...Hleb is like a by product at Barca...Unneeded....

Maxwell + Ibra = Eto'o Cash..... I'd bite your arm off tbh.[/quote']

Both the deals were separate from what I heard.

Guest Football8

Nope... I've read different... Maxwell deal was linked to Eto'o and Ibra deal :o

Yeah but a month before the Maxwell deal, Barca and Inter's chairman were discussing a possible swap, then it collapsed, so there trying again and getting somewhere.

Well... If Maxwell goes to Barca too, I guess there's no stoping Zlatan. I hope they decide to stay at Inter though. :( Anyway, I don't think Zlatan and Eto'o will be able to adapt to each other's different playing style... Inter and Barca are quite far apart tactically.

Guest Football8

Well... If Maxwell goes to Barca too' date=' I guess there's no stoping Zlatan. I hope they decide to stay at Inter though. :( Anyway, I don't think Zlatan and Eto'o will be able to adapt to each other's different playing style... Inter and Barca are quite far apart tactically.[/quote']

Maxwell's already at Barca and was presented yesterday I think.

Well... If Maxwell goes to Barca too' date=' I guess there's no stoping Zlatan. I hope they decide to stay at Inter though. :( Anyway, I don't think Zlatan and Eto'o will be able to adapt to each other's different playing style... Inter and Barca are quite far apart tactically.[/quote']

I think Eto'o will be a hit for Inter simply because of the Italian League. Italian teams like to play a methodical game and it often has a slow tempo. Defenders are usually very physically present but slow nonetheless. Eto'o's speed and ability to latch onto through balls and finish will definitely add something to the league let alone Inter...

Ibra is a more slow...creative...tall target man. He will have the job to hold the ball as any target man and wait to distribute the ball to Messi or Henry on the wings

That's what I think anyway...:o

tbh id take eto'o over ibra any day. he turns up on the big occasion which is more than can be said with ibra. he may progress by playing with better players at barca but we will see.

Yeah, I think the demanding pace of the Spanish La Liga will improve him. His divine ball control and creativity will fit in for sure, though. :)

Guest Football8

I think it's confirmed now, but should be by tomorrow according to reports.

Guest Football8

Just heard that it's complete and all that's left is the player's signature's.

Wow, Barca actually are hypocrites saying they would never sign a player over 40m Euros.

Eto'o is worth like 30m Euros,

48 and 30 make 78m. :rolleyes:

You have to smile at Barcelona. It's either than sublime or the ridiculous, the structure of this deal seems to be the latter.

Laporta really is mental. Moratti comes out of this looking like a master negotiator.

You have to smile at Barcelona. It's either than sublime or the ridiculous' date=' the structure of this deal seems to be the latter.

Laporta really is mental. [b']Moratti comes out of this looking like a master negotiator.[/b]

Totally agreed. Better than him, only Pinto da Costa.