Andreas Weimann - Young Aston Villa Forward !

Andreas Weimann

1238442809_spt_ai_tottenhamvastonvilla_reserves_07.jpg

Above, mid horrific striker challenge :D:P

Name: Andreas Weimann

Date Of Birth: 05/08/1991

Nationality: Austrian

Position: Forward

National Apperances: Capped at under 17 level

Former Club: SK Rapid Wien

Former Club Appearances: 6 reserve game, 1 reserve goal.

Aston Villa Appearances: He was an integral part of the successful youth setup which included a Group Victory in the 2007/2008 season. Scoring 16 goals, 1 more than Delfounso and 2 more than Bannan, who have both had professional debuts, and subsequently on SM.

Future Appearances: I reckon it mainly depends on Delfounso, if Delfounso is loaned out, his chances obviously increase, but with the current lack of activity in the transfer market, and with Harewood looks like he is going, he could have the occasional appearance in the cups. Maybe early UEFA round depending on how serious Oneil takes it, he has in the past thrown youngsters such as delfounso in at the "european" deep end . Villa wil undoubtedly buy a striker ( i ruddy hope so ) so im not claiming he will play loads, but he looks good, and could have chances this season.

His most recent achievement is scoring in Villas 3-0 preseason win over Peterborough. Scoring a neat placed header mid way through the first half after a cross from Albrighton. He looks set to continue being in the preseason squad and an impressive pre season could be the depending factor if he plays during the competitive season at all.

4057075634-soccer-pre-season-friendly-peterborough-united-v-aston-villa-london.jpg

Be gentle, my first so called scout ( not really a proper one is it lol ) I will try and keep this thread updated, with his preason / reserve / first team / national appearances etc etc

NOT ON DATABASE

Re: Andreas Weimann - Young Aston Villa Forward !

He looks promising, Villa have a good scouting network in that region of Europe and he isnt the old Austrian in our team. Its a half decent indicator that he was signed for one of Austrias biggest clubs and has represented the country, be it at Youth Level.

This preseason, will be , as mentioned a big indicator of his future this season

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Update 1

So far this season Andreas Weimann is racking up apperances for the reserves, after impressing during pre season in the peace cup. He is taking the opportunity given to him, and has repaid the coaches faith with seven goals for the reserves. ( as of two weeks ago ).

He also continues to impress for the Austrian U21's, scoring past Scotland, Albania and Azerbaijan. He is not only a talented goal scorer but pitches in where possible around the field, some would say a real team player. A great example of this would be his goal line clearance against Scotland, that if it would of gone in, would of levelled the score after he scored to take the lead.

882912_mediumsquare.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

0,,10265~7276229,00.jpg

I was doing a little reading concerning him and i discovered that last year, Andreas signed a two year contract extension which takes his current deal to the summer of 2012.

I think this is adequate time for him to prove if he can step up another level, So far it appears that the Villa staff want to keep him at Villa Park instead of loaning him out, although with it nwo being January this could very well change, Ill do a update on his performances and goal scoring record when it can be a more substantional post, however its worth taking note that he is part of what seems to be a very succesful reserve side, who are topping the table premiere reserve league south ( with the likes of Arsenal, Chelsea etc ) this season.

• 6 months later...

Added to the database at 75

Why im unsure, presuming its U21 apperances because he sure as hell hasnt played 450 minutes for Villa !

Hopefully he will get a few minutes this season, be it with us or a loaned team. Either way, he has a pretty good scoring record

On Villa's website it also seems that he is included in our first team, take that as you want to, could be a sign, could be nothing ;)

An other bit of info would be he finished the top goal scorer of the reserves !

Andreas has been competing, at both U21 & U19 level for Austria.

Bagging, as stated 3 goals for the U21 and 1 for the U19.

He has been involved in these national games at various levels this season, some i may of mentioned:

U19 wins against Denmark and Serbia, with a narrow defeat to Switzerland, in which he scored.

Then 5 U21 games, with wins against Scotland, Albania x 2 & Azerbaijan x2

He has a great shout of making it as a professional footballer, until i see him in the flesh, which i intend to, i cant hazard a guess at his potential, but things seem to be pointing in the right direction and he is only worth around 300k, so he is certainly worth a punt

• 1 month later...

Taken from: http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/PlayerProfiles/0,,10265~48298,00.html

Andreas Weimann was in red-hot form for Villa's title-winning reserve team last term.

The Austrian ace scored nine goals to top the Reserve League South scoring charts as Villa stormed to their third straight title.

But the striker brings more than just goals to the table. He boasts a high work rate and electric pace, which can frighten defenders.

One of the best examples of Weimann in full flow came in the Reserve League National Play-Off final against Manchester United at Old Trafford.

He was at his devastating best and was rewarded by Martin O'Neill with call-up to the first team squad for the Premier League clash against Blackburn Rovers the following week.

The omens were good for Weimann after he shot to prominence in pre-season of 2009-10.

Not only did he score the first goal of the campaign in a 3-0 win over Peterborough United, he featured in the Peace Cup victories over Juventus, Porto and Atlante.

After a season of progress at reserve level, the man from Vienna will be hoping to follow the path of Gabby Agbonlahor and Nathan Delfouneso into the first team.

• 4 months later...

Andreas returned from his long term injury last night in the reserves epic 10-1 win over Arsenal.

The young forward grabbed two goals and played the full 90 minutes.

10-1! Bl00dy hell that's impressive. Did Arsenal put their ladies team out?

10-1! Bl00dy hell that's impressive. Did Arsenal put their ladies team out?

Im not up to date with the Arsenal reserves but i recognize alot of the names on the team sheet !

We played alot of Academy players to, wasnt expecting that scoreline though:p

I created a thread regarding a much brighter prospect in Gary Gardner, there is a link to the match report if you fancy a read. :)

Im not up to date with the Arsenal reserves but i recognize alot of the names on the team sheet !

We played alot of Academy players to' date=' wasnt expecting that scoreline though:p

I created a thread regarding a much brighter prospect in Gary Gardner, there is a link to the match report if you fancy a read. :)[/quote']

Yeah read that, thanks. Good to see some players I have in this game get on the scoresheet, especially Hogg - I didn't think that was part of his game.

• 2 weeks later...

Andreas has secured a loan move to Watford, where i really think he will impress, big step for the lad, but one im sure he will make easily enough.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11677_6673919,00.html

By the looks of there squad, he will be the third choice striker when he joins.

• 1 month later...

Andreas has started five times for Watford, coming on as sub twice aswell, racking up 409 minutes in the championship.

He has scored 2 goals, one against Reading and one against Crystal Palace, earning his side a point in both games.

im pretty sure he has scored in a cup competition but i could literally just be making that up. :o

Either way i think this move will be great for his career. First team football is important to the development of any player.

Recently earnt a +2 in the recent english changes.

• 1 year later...

He's only just staring properly.... and tbh the confidence in the whole club is messed up down to the Negative idiotic manager!!

.?? Who's he staring at? McCleish?

I hope he improves, because he does find space in the box. It's just that he hasn't taken what many 'poachers' would deem half-chances. If he goes another 10 games in the same mode, he will soon find himself on loan at Watford again. And who wants to be stared at by Elton John?

.?? Who's he staring at? McCleish?

I hope he improves' date=' because he does find space in the box. It's just that he hasn't taken what many 'poachers' would deem half-chances. If he goes another 10 games in the same mode, he will soon find himself on loan at Watford again. And who wants to be stared at by Elton John?[/quote']

well tbh he's been banging them in at reserve level, (couple of hattricks in his last 4 games)

It does take time for some youngsters to get going...

tbh he's a better prospect than Delfouneso down to the fact he will work hard, he's not the best poacher but him and Darren Bent could work up front next season with a decent manager... and lol at the elton john reference :P

• 7 months later...

Probably going to be a regular for us, played tremendously well so far for us.

Work ethic, intelligent runs and got a decent finish on him. Plenty of room for improvement but with Bent injured and likely to leave, gabby useless :P, and the fact were playing two up top now, even if we bring another striker in he will get plenty of game time this season

2 goals vs United, 2 goals vs Norwich, 1 goal vs Liverpool and is breaking through into his national team.

• 1 month later...

+5 and totally deserved. scored about 10 this season ( cant remember excatly, lowest 9 though). He has often been played out of position too. his work ethic is great, good finish and amazing passion and attitude. breaking through into the national setup too. him and benteke are a small bit of hope for us villa fans