Manchester City New Player Ratings - The Rises and Falls of the New Money

Re: Manchester City New Player Ratings - The Rises and Falls of the New Money

Biggest load of bull I have seen and I am a United fan. If the likes of Adebayor' date=' tevez, Robinho play well they will comfortably retain their ratings if not go up. An example is valencia. Absolutely horrific the season before last only qualified for Europe as a result of winning the Cup and were awful in the UEFA cup and what happens? Villa rises to 96 and Silva rises to 93:rolleyes: both totally wrong decisions. So unless SM decide to continue to be biased towards Spain your predictions are wayyyyyyy off. And P.S Tevez is a regular for Argentina?[/quote']

Look I made this believing that these changes are going to happen? I made this thread to start a debate (worked ;)), SM would never do this. Tevez isn't a regular for Argentina: Aguero, Messi and Sand are Maradona's three favourites. And City aren't in Europe. Find me a player who is 93 and not playing in Europe aside from Roman Riquelme: You can't! Juninho's rating will plummet now that he's left for Al Gharafa, and 93 player playing for MID TABLE teams don't keep their 93 ratings... Unless they score 20 goals by January, which they won't have done... :rolleyes:

An example is valencia. Absolutely horrific the season before last only qualified for Europe as a result of winning the Cup and were awful in the UEFA cup and what happens? Villa rises to 96 and Silva rises to 93:rolleyes:

firstly valencia were doing quite well in the league (were in the hunt for CL places) and villa has an outstanding international record and deserved to be rated alongside the likes of zlatan, eto'o, rooney and torres as he is in their class

as for man city's high rated players - it'll be nigh on impossible for any of the 93+ players to rise, and i'd bet that robinho and adebayor will drop by 1 barring them being in a title fight (and terry will drop if he goes there, but he should drop anyway but thats another thing altogether) and i cant see santa cruz playing enough (injuries and being second fiddle to adebayor) - the players they have who they have who have a chance of rising are the 87-91 range i.e. given, zabaleta, barry, onouha

firstly valencia were doing quite well in the league (were in the hunt for CL places) and villa has an outstanding international record and deserved to be rated alongside the likes of zlatan' date=' eto'o, rooney and torres as he is in their class

as for man city's high rated players - it'll be nigh on impossible for any of the 93+ players to rise, and i'd bet that robinho and adebayor will drop by 1 barring them being in a title fight (and terry will drop if he goes there, but he should drop anyway but thats another thing altogether) and i cant see santa cruz playing enough (injuries and being second fiddle to adebayor) - the players they have who they have who have a chance of rising are the 87-91 range i.e. given, zabaleta, barry, onouha[/quote']

Villa = Best Goalscoring Forward in the World

Adebayor is rubbish every season mate. ;)

Slightly harsh! As a Gooner he had a torrid final season at the grove, but he made a decent goal return in 07/08! 93 is too high given his current goal and club situation.

Slightly harsh! As a Gooner he had a torrid final season at the grove' date=' but he made a decent goal return in 07/08! 93 is too high given his current goal and club situation.[/quote']

U are harsh to all Man City players u assume that they are rubbish and we're not even in August yet .

U are harsh to all Man City players u assume that they are rubbish and we're not even in August yet .

I assume that based on last season's form. Which was a mid tabel finish, and until the season's started, that is what Man City must be based on, these player ratings are based on players playing for a team with no European football and who are mid table. Which is what they are *at the moment*. :o

Still ' date=' if u looked at our Manchester City vs Hamburg 2nd Leg Quarter Final . the way we played that , it wasn't mid-table and for the game against Orlando Pirates we had our youngsters on, Vladmir Weiss fgs.[/quote']

That's what I'm saying, you can't base these ratings proposals (btw, as I've said, these will NEVER happen! :D This was to ignite a debate, and it's worked!) on pre-season form when the youngsters are playing. At the most i'd expect one slight decrease for Adebayor, but that's it, City will have European football in 10/11, and maybe CL football if they bring in a CB and a RB. Shouldn't have sold Vedran Corluka though...

firstly valencia were doing quite well in the league (were in the hunt for CL places) and villa has an outstanding international record and deserved to be rated alongside the likes of zlatan' date=' eto'o, rooney and torres as he is in their class

as for man city's high rated players - it'll be nigh on impossible for any of the 93+ players to rise, and i'd bet that robinho and adebayor will drop by 1 barring them being in a title fight (and terry will drop if he goes there, but he should drop anyway but thats another thing altogether) and i cant see santa cruz playing enough (injuries and being second fiddle to adebayor) - the players they have who they have who have a chance of rising are the 87-91 range i.e. given, zabaleta, barry, onouha[/quote']

Fact is even when Valencia played pap Villa was rated 94 if I am not wrong. If all of them do well I can't see a reason for dropping them none at all. You aren't telling me are you a guy who plays in the UEFA cup deserves 96. Not gonna buy that. If SM are consistent then none of the higher rated City players will drop if they are playing well.

• 9 months later...

Stephen Ireland has had a terrible season, made no impact at all, and doesnt really deserve the 90 rating he has got..

Kompany, Adam Johnson,, Tevez, de Jong and Given all deserve a raise tbf