Wellington - The World at His feet

Spam

Re: Wellington - The World at His feet

According to youngguns' date=' who say according to respected Rio-based journalist Gilmar Ferreira, it's finally a done deal at $5m.[/quote']

Photo edit (Again! :rolleyes::P), the info was correct, but the player was wrong.

Like you said, the transfer ha sbeen confirmed, and now Arsenal have to do is sit and wait for their prodigy to arrive! :D

Link (Translated from portuguese, first article ;)): http://translate.google.com/translate?js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fextra.globo.com%2Fblogs%2Ffutebol%2Fdefault.asp%3Fperiodo%3D%26palavra%3Dwellington&sl=pt&tl=en

• 1 month later...
Guest BrandonBurrows

"UPDATE 2: Arsenal have signed Wellington. He will join up with the first team in 2011 upon his 18th Birthday in accordance with new FIFA regulations concerning the transfer of U18 players between continents."

:confused: So does that mean he won't be added to the database until 2011?

"UPDATE 2: Arsenal have signed Wellington. He will join up with the first team in 2011 upon his 18th Birthday in accordance with new FIFA regulations concerning the transfer of U18 players between continents."

:confused: So does that mean he won't be added to the database until 2011?

He'll be added if he makes his debut for his current club :)

• 2 weeks later...

Watch after 1:40 for the Wellington show.

Then tell me that he isn't worth every cent that Arsenal forked out for him. ;)

This kid is scarily good! :eek:

I'll fail, but I've just sent in a ticket for Wellington. :)

EDIT:

FYI - 1st Flu Goal scored by Wellington

2nd Flu Goal made by Wellington (sublime skill)

3rd Flu Goal a pen won by Wellington

Come on Spam what show he tucked the ball away with his first touch hanging around at the far post and picking up the scraps hardly anything to get excited about

The skill he showed on 2:20 was brilliant and then the Ronaldinho look one way and pass the other trick as well.

Off topic - the penalty. I know we see players hesitate slightly to dummy the keeper but surely a player isn't allowed to completely stop as that kid does.

Ah. Well' date=' Copinha won't get him on that's for sure. Remember my battle for Boquita last year? He was the best player for the Copinha champs last season. AND a starter in Paulista and Copa do Brasil.

Wellington won't get on for that :D[/quote']

If he were to get on for the Copinha, all of the Palmeiras team should be on. They're so so so so so good.

Ah. Well' date=' Copinha won't get him on that's for sure. Remember my battle for Boquita last year? He was the best player for the Copinha champs last season. AND a starter in Paulista and Copa do Brasil.

Wellington won't get on for that :D[/quote']

I'm bagging on Wellington being the new Sunu/Peralta/Villalba, i.e nowhere near the prerequisites required to get on the database.

No reply yet, but it'll probably be rejected. They'll have to reject a steady stream of tickets though, as I hope if they get enough they'll add him come the Brazilian changes. ;)

I'm bagging on Wellington being the new Sunu/Peralta/Villalba' date=' i.e nowhere near the prerequisites required to get on the database.

No reply yet, but it'll probably be rejected. They'll have to reject a steady stream of tickets though, as I hope if they get enough they'll add him come the Brazilian changes. ;)[/quote']

Thing is though, he's not that good or that close to making it. I can think of quite a few players who are much closer to making their respective first teams who are just as good (Joao Pedro, Sidimar, Wendel - AMG; Guilherme - APR; Alan Santos, Alan Patrick, Nicao - Santos; Wellington, Dori - Fluminense; Gabriel Silva - Palmeiras; Roniele, Lucas Gaucho, Marcelinho, Casemiro, Jeferson - Sao Paulo; Thiaguinho, Anderson Uchoa, Elber - Cruzeiro; ... ... ...)

If Wellington gets on; SM will be flooded with more kids who have to get on based on this one tournament.

Thing is though' date=' he's not that good or that close to making it. I can think of quite a few players who are much closer to making their respective first teams who are just as good (Joao Pedro, Sidimar, Wendel - AMG; Guilherme - APR; Alan Santos, Alan Patrick, Nicao - Santos; Wellington, Dori - Fluminense; Gabriel Silva - Palmeiras; Roniele, Lucas Gaucho, Marcelinho, Casemiro, Jeferson - Sao Paulo; Thiaguinho, Anderson Uchoa, Elber - Cruzeiro; ... ... ...)

If Wellington gets on; SM will be flooded with more kids who have to get on based on this one tournament.[/quote']

The youth players are shining in the Cup and I can't see SM missing an opportunity to add at least half a dozen of the players you mentioned.

And Dodo...

I can see him making it onto the DB myself.

Nothing special in the video tbh. one bit of skill on 2.20 and that's about it.

Head off and watch a few more videos, but you'll not find anything more than Youtube Compilations unless you trawl the Brazilian sites. Or don't.

Accordign to people much more in the know than myself or any forumer for that matter he's going to be big. Maybe Pato big, but it's too early to say that when there's another Wellington (IMO a more talented one) at Flu and a year before he reaches Arsenal.

The fact that Madrid and Barca were tracking him aswell speaks volumes.

Head off and watch a few more videos' date=' but you'll not find anything more than Youtube Compilations unless you trawl the Brazilian sites. Or don't.

Accordign to people much more in the know than myself or any forumer for that matter he's going to be big. Maybe Pato big, but it's too early to say that when there's another Wellington (IMO a more talented one) at Flu and a year before he reaches Arsenal.

The fact that Madrid and Barca were tracking him aswell speaks volumes.[/quote']

I think he's closer to being LULINHA big then PATO big. And yes, there are bits and pieces of skill like that about everywhere. Even bit players like Anderson Santana can come up with postable videos:

Which reminds of Kerlon. Who reminds me, in turn, of Wellington Silva. :D

Which reminds of Kerlon. Who reminds me' date=' in turn, of Wellington Silva. :D[/quote']

It'll be hard for him to be as overrated as Lulinha. It'll be nigh on impossible for him to be as big a dud as Kerlon. :D

Denilson Mk. 2 could be in the offing, but I think he'll be big. Wenger obviously sees something in him too, so I'll trust Le Prof on this one.

http://www.justin.tv/01234567890#r=2GoA1qU

Enjoy. Watch:

Palmeiras:

6 - Gabriel Silva

21 - Gilsinho

Fluminense:

3 - Bryan

8 - Wellington

10 - Rafael Augusto

20 - Wellington Silva

I think those are the numbers. Wellington Silva almost got carded in the second SECOND for pushing a Palmeiras player to the ground right at kickoff. What the heck was that?