Nasri out for 2-3 months with broken leg

Rob_LFC

Guest Football8

Re: Nasri out for 2-3 months with broken leg

Now Arsenal may use that money they got Adebayor and buy someone. Any bets on that player being bought from France ? :rolleyes::)

EDIT: Seen as Rosicky's back he may play in Nasri'd position.

Guest Football8

A big player always gets injured in pre-season' date=' take Sneijder last season, now Nasri this season..[/quote']

Hopefully Messi as well. :P

(Expects Louis to say Ronaldo or Kaka...) :o

Hopefully Messi as well. :P

(Expects Louis to say Ronaldo or Kaka...) :o

No injuries to Messi this season, he knows how to play Spanish football, Kaka & Ronaldo are going to look so out of place in Spain, and hopefully, one of them will take a nasty tackle to the leg which will keep them out for a good 6+ months.

even after hes recovered it will take another month or 2 to get back to form/fitness... he will be out for atleast 4-5 months surely

No, 2-3 months would seem about right to me. According to the Arsenal website, it's just a fractured fibula (smaller bone on the outside/back of the lower leg). A fibular fracture is less serious than a tibial fracture because it only supports around 15-20% of your body weight. I'm not a doctor (just studied some anatomy/physiology at uni - and most of it was the head and neck :P), but I think you could expect 6-8 weeks healing time, plus a month to regain full match-fitness.

If it was a fractured tibia (shinbone), then it would be about 12 weeks for the bone to heal (for a minor, low-energy fracture - much longer for a more serious break, especially if it's an open fracture which involves skin/soft tissue damage), plus a much longer period of light training and physio before starting to play again - the tibia supports the vast majority of your weight, so it needs to heal to a much greater degree before it's strong enough to endure things like competitive football matches. So 4 months would probably be the minimum you would expect if it was this bone he fractured.

(If anyone more qualified notices anything I've said is slightly out, feel free to correct me. :o)

Anyway, Arsenal have Rosicky, Walcott and Arshavin to play wide (plus Vela, Van Persie and maybe Eduardo who could probably play there if needed), so I doubt they'll miss Nasri at all. The only thing that will change is Arshavin will stay in the first team for a while instead of being put on the bench.

Anyway' date=' Arsenal have Rosicky, Walcott and Arshavin to play wide (plus Vela, Van Persie and maybe Eduardo who could probably play there if needed), so I doubt they'll miss Nasri at all. The only thing that will change is Arshavin will stay in the first team for a while instead of being put on the bench.[/quote']

I doubt Wenger will go beyond putting Vela on the wing. At that point, he would convert to a 4-3-3 and slam his players down the middle. That I would like to see. :P

I doubt Wenger will go beyond putting Vela on the wing. At that point' date=' he would convert to a 4-3-3 and slam his players down the middle. That I would like to see. :P[/quote']

Yeah, I agree actually. I was just making the point that with all the options you have available, Nasri probably wont be missed that much.

I still think Rosicky is your best winger (assuming he's the same player he was before his injury), and then Arshavin and Walcott are only marginally worse than Nasri... so you're still better off than you were last season when Rosicky was out, in my opinion.