Sign in to follow this  
Spam

Felipinho - Inter's Revelation

Daniel%20Boucinha%20FGF_2_site.jpg

Felipinho in action for Brazil U17s

Felipinho_juvenis_Mirela_230509.jpg

And for Internacional

Full Name: Felipe Barreto da Silva (Felipinho)

Date Of Birth: 29th January 1992 (17)

Nationality: Brazilian

Club: Internacional

Position: AM/Fwd

Squad Number: N/A

Honours: 2006, 2007 Mediterannean Cup 2009 South American U17 Championship

SM Rating: Not On DB

Predicted SM Rating: 72

Potential SM Rating: 90+

Prodigal son, ex Lyon/Corinthians striker and Internacional hero Nilmar is scoring bucketloads and attracting interest from some of Europe's major clubs. Jet heeled Taison is keeping the Porto Alegre faithful happy with his skill. Talles Cunha is ready to step up, and behind him is Tales. As you can probably tell, Internacional of Brazil have a certain knack for producing some of the hottest striking sensations on the market, and so it is only fair that following in the footsteps of Pato a new addition to the club's attacking arsenal is revealed to the world. That attacker is Felipinho.

A player who has been at Inter since he was 9, he has long since been the attacking crux of every youth team he's played in, and is valued highly by the club who see the second coming of Legendary '40s attacking midfielder/forward Jair. His explosive pace, combined with lightning fast turn of speed endeared him to his youth coaches with Internacional U13 Coach (and former Brazil U15 coach when Felipinho played for them) Carlos Eduardo originally choosing to play him on the Right Wing, such was the youngster's unbelievable pace. But his role changed when he was promoted to Internacional's U15s, whose then coach Elio Carravetta (now Inter 1st squad's fitness coach) saw him as a gifted striker, and one with a right foot that would cause much chaos later in his career. Carravetta had this to say:

*Literal Translation*

"It's a humble kid and has a lot ahead. This is an attacker who dribble with speed, has good pass and a shot of medium and long-distance strong."

Brazil U15 Career

His prominence as a forward encouraged Eduardo to take him with him when he selected his squad for the Mediterranean Cup in April, a prestigious U15 Tournament in which Brazil beat Germany 4-0 in the final, courtesy of a Felipinho hattrick. He finished top scorer of the tournament with 7 goals from the maximum possibility of 7 appearances in 2006, only to repeat the feat one year on in 2007 by scoring 5 goals in the 7 games, once again Brazil were victorious.

After taking the Golden Shoe home for a second consecutive year, Felipinho was then selected for the Brazil U15 squad that was to compete for the title of South American U15 Champions in Brazil. From 7 appearances (once again the maximum amount possible), Felipinho scored 3 goals in the final stage, (against Uruguay, Argentina and chile) to accompany his 1 goal in thr group stage. He finished second top scorer in the tournament, second only to Nicolas Mezquida, now of Schalke '04.

Brazil U17 Career

Felipinho continued on to be a crucial part of Lucho Nizzo's Brazil U17 team, coming into the South American U17 tournament in Chile on the back of a serious thigh strain, which had previously sidelined him for one month. he came off the bench against Paraguay to deftly stroke home a 25 yard shot with the very last kick of the game. Two more cameos against Peru and Bolivia followed before Felipinho was deemed fit enough to start against Bolivia. He then immediately set about ensuring that he earned a place in Nizzo's Final lineup alongside Wellington of Fluminense by dinking an inch perfect throughball between two Bolivian defenders for flying Wing Back Dodo to hammer home Brazil's first goal of three.

Given a starting berth in the final against Argentina, Felipinho worked hard for his team, hitting the bar twice and running from near he half way line only for Coutinho to hammer his pass wide from 10 yards. An unfortunate recurrence of his thigh injury forced him to limp off in the 80th minute, but Felipinho watched from the sidelines and joined in the celebrations after Brazil claimed their latest youth honour after a tense penalty shoot out.

So what does the future hold for Felipinho? Well there have been concrete bids from 'three major European Clubs', who Internacional have declined to name, although they're suspected to be three of Barcelona, Internazionale, Bayern Munich, TSG Hoffenheim and FC Porto. Almost certain to have an International career with he full Brazilian team, and he could possibly command a similar transfer fee to that of his predecessor (and idol) Pato.

Re: Felipinho - Inter's Revelation

According to O Globo (Very reliable source) Milan have a pre-contract agreement with him, and as soon as he's 18 in January he'll join up with the first team. Remind me of another former Internacional player, but I can't think of who it would be... ;)

I'll try to get a few Youtube videos up. Thanks for the support guys, and as always I'll inform you of any developments and if he as much as makes the bench you'll be the first to know! Support is always appreciated! :D

Guest BrandonBurrows

Sounds like a good prospect, could you PM when he is added?

:)

Sounds like a good prospect' date=' could you PM when he is added?

:)[/quote']

Way ahead of you! :P

What I was going to do is PM everyone who shows interest in him the day he's added, so that when he is on the database everyone doesn't suddenly find out and you lose him. It'd be gutting if you scouted a player and kept looking in on him only for someone else to nick him by 100K... It's not happening to me! :D

Hardly a revelation yet. And the Pato comparison is rediculous' date=' other then they both played for Inter.

Sorry, I'm not as crazy about this player. He doesn't cut it for me.[/quote']

I haven't seen as much of him as I have other players, but based on what Guto Ferreira, Mahseredjian and Carravetta have said about him. Cleber Xavier reportedly did an interview that had a few questions about im, I'm trying to dig it up and he has a similar story to Pato's, but isn't anywhere near comparable in terms of skill yet obviously. :D

I haven't seen as much of him as I have other players' date=' but based on what Guto Ferreira, Mahseredjian and Carravetta have said about him. Cleber Xavier reportedly did an interview that had a few questions about im, I'm trying to dig it up and he has a similar story to Pato's, but isn't anywhere near comparable in terms of skill yet obviously. :D[/quote']

Not only that, they arn't the same physique and don't play nearly the same style. I'd taken to calling Felipinho "Mini-Walter" at the U17s, he's much more comparable to another Internacional striker. I still don't think much of Felipinho, he hardly did anything at the U17s. If he was any good, don't you think he would've started up front instead of rotating two midfielders up front? (Zézinho and Joao Pedro, who is a DM).

I dont think he'll play for Inter until they unload Walter, Talles Cunha, Tales, Taison and Nilmar. They have so much quality U20 players, I wouldn't rank Felipinho in the top 10.

Not only that' date=' they arn't the same physique and don't play nearly the same style. I'd taken to calling Felipinho "Mini-Walter" at the U17s, he's much more comparable to another Internacional striker. I still don't think much of Felipinho, he hardly did anything at the U17s. If he was any good, don't you think he would've started up front instead of rotating two midfielders up front? (Zézinho and Joao Pedro, who is a DM).

I dont think he'll play for Inter until they unload Walter, Talles Cunha, Tales, Taison and Nilmar. They have so much quality U20 players, I wouldn't rank Felipinho in the top 10.[/quote']

Felipinho is by no means the finished article here, his U15 form hasn't fully translated into U17 genius, but I wuiill vouch for him, as he originally was set to miss the tournament (due to a niggling thigh injury) which had upset his tempo and confined him to cameos and bench roles in the opening group matches. I'd rank him in the top 10 if he were fully fit, but I'm determined to find some Inter youth matches were Felipinho was at full fitness and playing well.

According to Guto Ferreira's assesment of him I thought of him as Inter's most talented '92 generation player. Just my opinion, although he's got a marathon to go before he's fully ready for he pressures of Europe and the massive expectations, which currently, he won't be able to fulfill.

Way ahead of you! :P

What I was going to do is PM everyone who shows interest in him the day he's added' date=' so that when he is on the database everyone doesn't suddenly find out and you lose him. It'd be gutting if you scouted a player and kept looking in on him only for someone else to nick him by 100K... It's not happening to me! :D[/quote']

Can you PM me please! ;) (when he is added) :P