Potential Risers In SWITZERLAND

Nacho Man

Potential Risers In SWITZERLAND

swiss_flag.gif

DISCLAIMER: I KNOW THE TIME WHEN SWITZERLAND IS REVIEWED IS A LONG TIME AWAY, BUT I WATCH QUITE A LOT OF THE FOOTBALL OVER THERE. IF I CONTINUE TO GET INFRACTIONS, THEN IT IS LIKELY I WILL NOT BE HERE TO DO THE THREAD.

The Swiss League has just kicked off, so I will be offering my ‘advice’ on who is likely to be getting big rises.

3691.gif

AC Bellinzona

ciarrocchi.jpg

Alessandro CIARROCCHI - 21 - CF - 78. This young, but highly-rated, striker is attracting rave reviews for his play for AC Bellinzona. Ciarrocchi played 21 games last season, but most of his opportunities were restricted to coming off the substitutes’ bench to try and impress manager Marco Schällibaum. Before the season kicked off, however, Schällibaum announced that Ciarrocchi would be starting more games, and thus would be getting more chances to impress. And he has certainly impressed. Despite the season only being 2 games old, he scored a great volley against Neuchâtel Xamax in the first game of the season, and 7 days later he produced another fine performance that sent the press in Switzerland into delirium. He has already been tipped to be one of the season’s best youngsters, with the legendary Alex Frei giving his opinion on the youngster. For the time being, though, I think Alessandro can reach the low 80s when SM reviews Switzerland, if he continues his fine displays. Ciarrocchi has also played for Switzerland U-21s, so there is a possibility that the senior side could come calling some time soon. His style of play has earned comparisons with Italian striker Cristian Vieri. Both are physical, chunky strikers who don’t back out of challenges. The fact that Ciarrocchi and Vieri wear the number 32 is probably just a coincidence, but it certainly helps the comparions !

615.gif

BSC Young Boys

Doumbia%20Seydou.jpg

Seydou DOUMBIA - 21 - 83. This boy is hot stuff in Switzerland at the moment. Last season, he finished top scorer with 20 goals, despite most of the time he was on the pitch were from substitutes appearances. Jack Edwards managed to create a little thread on Seydou, but the brief report didn’t really do justice towards Switzerland’s goal machine. BSC Young Boys signed Doumbia for a paltry 150,000 Euros from Tokushima Vortis, a team currently playing in the Japanese 2nd Division. A fantastic signing it could turn out to be, for a host of Premiership clubs are ready to spend big money on a striker who has set the Swiss Super League alight . . . from the substitutes bench. Yes, that’s right; Doumbia only started 8 games last season, coming on as a substitute 24 times. I saw him play for the majority of the season, and he showed the determination to try and prove manager Vladimir Petkovic that keeping on him the bench wasn’t the best of ideas. The 21-year old is only 5ft 10, but he makes up for his lack of height with lightning speed and ferocious shooting. Last year, he was rewarded with a call-up to the Ivory Coast national side following his performances, but he hasn’t played for the side since. This could be changed if he continues to score more goals. This season, he has scored twice: in the 3-2 win over FC Zurich, and bagged another in the draw against St. Gallen. Now he has started both games this season, it appears manager Petkovic has realised that Doumbia is better utilised starting the game, rather than bringing him from the substitutes bench. Doumbia is currently rated 83, but I foresee a rise to about 85.

606.gif

FC Basel

4199324.jpg

Federico ALMERARES - 24 - 74. Federico Almerares may not have the potential or the promise of the players in the previous posts, but he will probably rise when SM reviews Switzerland. After playing for River Plate for 5 years, Almerares decided a move was needed to kick-start his faltering career. He came to FC Basle after a successful trial, and it looks like he will become a fixture in the starting line-up. The goals haven’t started yet, but it looks like it might be a while before they will; Almerares hasn’t really impressed me, but I aim to provide risers. I reckon he’ll get about 7 goals this season, which could get him a rise. For smaller teams, he will be an ideal buy.

612.gif

Neuchâtel Xamax

Abdullah Omar Ismail - 21 - Not on DB. Abdullah Omar Ismail isn’t (to my knowledge) on the database, but I think he should be after some classy performances for Neuchâtel Xamax, and the fact he has played nearly 20 internationals for Bahrain. Although I haven’t seen any of his games for Bahrain, I am led to believe that he is a key player for the team, at the tender age of 21. Omar started his career at Muharraq Club, located in Bahrain. From the age of 19, he was a regular at the club before joining Neuchâtel Xamax this July. Ismail plays in the centre of midfield, but has played in an attacking midfielder role for Bahrain in the past. Neuchâtel Xamax were lacking a central midfielder for the start of the season, so Omar was brought in and has injected skill and class into Neuchâtel, which was missing before he was brought in. If someone asks SM to add him onto the database, and once he is added, I will update this player’s profile; about whether to buy him, whether he will rise.

So that is 4 players who I think will probably rise when Switzerland is reviewed. The first two players will probably rise to a higher rating than the latter two, but all have the ability to rise and make a profit for your teams.

Thankyou.

Re: Potential Risers In SWITZERLAND

Great work Nacho' date='

from menace to messiah! :P

Seriously though, for a newbie your scouts have been really impressive.

Keep up the good work :)[/quote']

Yeah, nice font usage.

Just that he is banned now, cant see more of it:cool: