Huntelaar heads to VFB Stuttgart

Guest Football8

Huntelaar heads to VFB Stuttgart  

1. 1.

• Yes, get's rid of one unneeded player.
    • No, he should of been given a chance.

Guest Football8

Any transfer to do with Real Madrid is major ! :D

Anyway Klass-Jan Huntelaar has agreed terms with VFB Stuttgart and has signed for 18 million Euros, 7m will go to Ajax I think.

What do you think about the latest big name departure at Real Madrid ? B)

Re: Huntelaar heads to VFB Stuttgart

Such a shame. A 'Klass' player bought and wasted by Real Madrid. Now he has ended up in........... Germany. Agree with Luke, he should have waited on Arsenal and Arsenal should have looked more serious at making an offer for him. Would have been a better signing than Chakmah.

Guest Football8

Such a shame. A 'Klass' player bought and wasted by Real Madrid. Now he has ended up in........... Germany. Agree with Luke' date=' he should have waited on Arsenal and Arsenal should have looked more serious at making an offer for him. Would have been a better signing than Chakmah.[/quote']

I think Arsenal should use the money they have from Adebayor to buy Mahamadou Diarra, who currently has Lass, Gago, Sneijder and possibly Alonso ahead of him at Real Madrid. So say Arsenal spent €18m (15.5m) on Mahamadou Diarra, it would be a great signing to solidify their midfield and he'd partner Fabregas, the latter making forward runs whilst Diarra sits in front of the defense.

With the remaining 10m they could buy Chamakh.

Personally, I think Real made a mistake getting rid of him. He was the natural replacement for van Nistelrooy. Now, all of their younger strikers are players that like to drop deep and run in from wider positions. Huntelaar would have given them a bit of variety in attack - an extra option tactically, in case things aren't working out.

They would have been better off keeping him and not bothering signing Benzema, in my opinion (or keeping him and selling RVN - although that would mean selling your best striker :o). Now they've sold him, I think keeping RVN for another season or two should be made a priority. He's still the best natural goalscorer in the world. Benzema and Higuain can't provide what he gives to the team. Huntelaar could have done.

Guest Football8

On SSN this morning' date=' they said that two English clubs were still in the running. So he must not have put pen to paper yet.[/quote']

Yeah, for some reason he keeps breaking terms or something.

Huntelaar Rejected Terms At Stuggart Although A 15M Bid Had Been Accepted By Real Madrid, After He Heard There Was Intrest From Tottenham He Pulled Out The Stuggart Deal And Has His Mind Set On A Move To Tottenham Although He Still May Not Go, But Its Likely.

Heres The Link:

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_5449188,00.html

Yeah' date=' for some reason he keeps breaking terms or something.[/quote']

No Munt, you jumped the gun. A fee was agreed but he rejected the offer. That's all there is to it.

Maybe he does have sense after all. How long before Arsenal come looking then? They may not need to replace Adebayor but Wenger probably will anyway, considering he signed Arshavin when he was fine on the attack and his priorities were elsewhere. Unless Arshavin was the pre-signed replacement for Adebayor?

Should've asked for a link anyway... but I took your word. :confused:

I guess the thread name will have to be changed to " Huntelaar heads to Tottenham / Arsenal" soon. :P So glad he rejected the move to VFB. Hate seeing him go to a Prem team though but at least it means people can see him week in, week out and see his Klass. :)

Just to clear a few things up, VfB Stuttgart did withdraw their offer and cancelled the negotiations with Huntelaar, after he protracted the negotiations for more than a week. The transfer fee was agreed pretty fast between Real and Stuttgart, after a while Huntelaar seemed to agree with the wages, but then he tried to squeeze out a couple of millions from Real compensating his wage losses. Of course, I'm pretty sure Stuttgart was never really first choice for Huntelaar, and he just waited to see if any offers from better clubs come in, and Stuttgart simply didn't want to wait any longer, the season's starting next week and they need a striker.

I just really hope that he now has to stay in Madrid and rots on the bench there, after all, Arsenal seem interested but haven't officially made a bid yet, and tbh, I think that Tottenham would be an even worse club than Stuttgart. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Tottenham don't play internationally while Stuttgart will probably play Champions League, or at least UEFA League next season. How exactly would Tottenham then be step forward, if he can't show his skills in Europe?

Just to clear a few things up' date=' VfB Stuttgart did withdraw their offer and cancelled the negotiations with Huntelaar, after he protracted the negotiations for more than a week. The transfer fee was agreed pretty fast between Real and Stuttgart, after a while Huntelaar seemed to agree with the wages, but then he tried to squeeze out a couple of millions from Real compensating his wage losses. Of course, I'm pretty sure Stuttgart was never really first choice for Huntelaar, and he just waited to see if any offers from better clubs come in, and Stuttgart simply didn't want to wait any longer, the season's starting next week and they need a striker.

I just really hope that he now has to stay in Madrid and rots on the bench there, after all, Arsenal seem interested but haven't officially made a bid yet, and tbh, I think that Tottenham would be an even worse club than Stuttgart. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Tottenham don't play internationally while Stuttgart will probably play Champions League, or at least UEFA League next season. How exactly would Tottenham then be step forward, if he can't show his skills in Europe?[/quote']

Because you'd rather play in the EPL than the Bundesliga wouldn't you?

Spurs might not be in Europe this year but they would be disappointed not to qualify for the Europe League next season, whereas the Bundesliga is so unpredictable Stuttgart could easily go from CL qualifiers to being mid table.

Because you'd rather play in the EPL than the Bundesliga wouldn't you?

Spurs might not be in Europe this year but they would be disappointed not to qualify for the Europe League next season' date=' whereas the Bundesliga is so unpredictable Stuttgart could easily go from CL qualifiers to being mid table.[/quote']

Mind you, Spurs have severely under-performed for the past two seasons, both times with squads probably 5th best on paper and with a shout of challenging the Big 4. Managerial problems have no doubt been a factor, but I don't think it's almost a guarantee that they will finish top 7.

Mind you' date=' Spurs have severely under-performed for the past two seasons, both times with squads probably 5th best on paper and with a shout of challenging the Big 4. Managerial problems have no doubt been a factor, but I don't think it's almost a guarantee that they will finish top 7.[/quote']

I agree. City could fly or sink, Villa were unlucky not to finish 4th last term and Everton are most organised and consistent of the bunch. Those three could stop a top 7 finish for Spurs if the Top four remains the same and I haven't even mentioned decent teams like Sunderland (who have cash to spend and have recruited Cana) and Fulham (excellent defense).

I agree. City could fly or sink' date=' Villa were unlucky not to finish 4th last term and Everton are most organised and consistent of the bunch. Those three could stop a top 7 finish for Spurs if the Top four remains the same and I haven't even mentioned decent teams like Sunderland (who have cash to spend and have recruited Cana) and Fulham (excellent defense).[/quote']

You're forgetting 'Arry's customary African buy. Titi Camara to lead Spurs to a glorious 4th place finish.

Edit: On the off chance that Titi is unavailable, Samassi Abou can still do a job.