Sign in to follow this  
GeorgeDerbyshire

Zenit - WC6326

zenit-logo3.jpg

This is where I'll be posting any news about my Zenit team. Feel free to comment on it and offer improvements. So far I have made no transfers whatsoever thanks to my ridiculous chairman.

I was after Mario Balotelli from Inter for 12 Million plus Faith Tekke (a player that doesn't look like he'll fit into my plans). When Inter accepted the deal I was extremely pleased but the day after, my chairman prevented it going ahead.

I may have to turn to a cheaper option or take another risk and go for Robert Acquafresca, who is a decent player. At the moment I need a striker to help out Pogrebnyak. Because I have just a day before the season kicks off...away at Real Madrid.

Please give me a few hints on who could do a job for somewhere under 10 million in a midfield or striker role. Thank you.

Re: Zenit - WC6326

zenit-logo3.jpg

In my previous news, I was slightly anxious of the outcome of the Madrid game away. I had signed no players whereas Madrid had signed Henry to add to their ridiculous amount of talent.

When 8 O'clock arrived and results came in, my Reading team in another game world lost to Newcastle miserably at home 3-0. I was disappointed, and was dreading the thrashing that was almost certain at the Bernabau in my Zenit game world.

I had won 3-0.

I looked again. No doubt about it, a 3-0 victory for Zenit St Petersburg against the Galacticos on their turf. 2 Goals from Pogrebnyak and 1 from Huszti settled it before 40 minutes had even arrived.

Good times, certainly cheered me up after the Reading disaster. COME ON ZENIT. LETS TAKE THIS LEAGUE.

Re: Zenit - WC6326

zenit-logo3.jpg

The second fixture of the season was held last night and I was reasonably pleased with the outcome. Zenit faced Arsenal at home, which was a hard game considering their average rating is 92 and my Zenit's is 90.

We'd signed two new players, Jose Maria Callejon for £3.9m and Franco Zuculini for £8m. They both took some part in the game and we came away with a 1-1 draw. Fabregas put Arsenal ahead after 10 minutes before Fernando Meira struck back 8 minutes later for Zenit.

My Reading team again were destroyed 3-0 by Sheffield United and are rock bottom of the league, so I was still disappointed overall. But as long as Zenit remain unbeaten and keep playing well against much better opposition, then I'll certainly cope.