Debt Help

Jack14

Hi, i have a hartlepool team in div 4 with 28 players who have either risen in the argentinian/mexican changes or are going to rise in the brazillian changes

The problem is the team wage bill is £214,100 but the only money coming in is at home games is £ 280,000 on average every 2 weeks

I have no players not on transfer ban so cant sell anyone any ideas how to get out of debt?? btw im top of the league 17 games into the season!

Guest Football8

Re: Debt Help

You could try loaning some players out maybe to sides that need them ? Although I doubt anyone would especially with you in Div 4, but give it a go.

Best thing you'll have to do is wait until the transfer ban finishes then get selling, until then there's not much you can do unfortunately.

Guest Football8

hmmm im most likely going to win the league with my average rating being way above other teams in it so hopefully i might get stadium upgrade :/ but yer im gonna sell a few players

And you might get cash for winning the division and getting promoted.

hmmm im most likely going to win the league with my average rating being way above other teams in it so hopefully i might get stadium upgrade :/ but yer im gonna sell a few players

Good to see a fellow Hartlepool manager mate! Getting pools promoted and signing ridiculous players is the most satisfying part of SM for me!

I wouldn't worry about the net loss every week. It'll get harder and harder to avoid it as you improve your squad (e.g 90+ rated players are on min of £40k/turn). Instead you gotta use the transfer money you make by signing a player before they get a decent ratings increase' date=' then selling for a huge profit. Then repeat the cycle....

Watch out at the end of season though if your overall money out is greater than money in [i']I think[/i] chairman refuses to invest any funds. (typical Hodcroft lol) Good luck with the promotion

Good to see a fellow Hartlepool manager mate! Getting pools promoted and signing ridiculous players is the most satisfying part of SM for me!

I wouldn't worry about the net loss every week. It'll get harder and harder to avoid it as you improve your squad (e.g 90+ rated players are on min of £40k/turn). Instead you gotta use the transfer money you make by signing a player before they get a decent ratings increase' date=' then selling for a huge profit. Then repeat the cycle....

Watch out at the end of season though if your overall money out is greater than money in [i']I think[/i] chairman refuses to invest any funds. (typical Hodcroft lol) Good luck with the promotion

Cheers mate :D just wait give it 2 years and hartlepool will have messi :D

Cheers mate :D just wait give it 2 years and hartlepool will have messi :D

hi m8s. sorry to ask u about this but when i have a massive money in and a very low money out will we get more transfer founds?

it's because i just got Bradford City today. i am making a division 4 tryout. i will try to put as many division 4 teams as possible in premier league. the question is i always got balanced teams (like average 74-75 players) that i could sell and with that money i would buy some risers and sell it after 2 and a half month. i manage 2 Millwall in 2 different setups and i am in top of the league in both with zero losses and an amazing team (80 is the weakest play in first team - MUTUMBA).

now the prob. is i got Bradford city and this are the stats from the team

Number of Players Average Rating Average Age Average Value Total Value Average Wage Total Wages

21 69 26 £106k £2.2M £2,881 £60,515

basics -I HAVE A TEAM AVERAGE OF 69 WITH ONLY 21 PLAYERS AND MAIN STAR IS A 73 PLAYER IN RETIREMENT!!!!!!

My main star is a 73 player that is i retirement!!!!!

how can i manage this!!!!

i have 930k as transfer budget and 4 millions!!!! as regular budget....

i got the team today they have 3 draws and lost all the rest!!!! with 13 games played....

The chairman must have been drunk because he asked me to be in top halgf of the table, TOP HALF OF THE TABLE!!! i have 25 matches to make the imposssible... i will try to buy the maximum cheap risers (4k marlon barrios, 10k paulo henrique chagas, 10k andres vinasco, 10k toranzo... 10k rodrigo Teixeira, 10k Carlos castillo, 60 k attakora-gyan... and even like this i don't think is possible ...

Watch out at the end of season though if your overall money out is greater than money in I think chairman refuses to invest any funds. (typical Hodcroft lol) Good luck with the promotion

Hmmmmm... thats interesting (if true). My Grimsby side is currently £7m in debt with 8 games to go in the season and I was going to wait until the end of the season to see if the chairman would clear it before selling my risers (probably about £15-£20m if required). If the quote above is true then I'd be better off selling my risers now.

Can anyone confirm either way?

When ever any body decides to take a small team up in the world, debt is inevitable. Its just you have to manage it, and in the early stages it hurts.

To keep afloat you literally have to keep buying money spinners to sell on, so you have periods of debt and periods in the green. Until then you will have to sit it out, and once all the transfer bans are over, decide which players to keep ( due to rating or future potential ) and which players to sell. Sell the players you dont need, invest in youth who are likely to raise and repreat the process, when you start to climb up the division, attendances will increase, your stadium could be increased, you get more money of your chairman and you get more money for finishing whereever you do in the league, bring bigger players in but you must remember to always buy money spinners, because essentially they keep you afloat.

I wouldnt worry about being in to much debt pal.

Oh yeah, I'm comfortable with managing the debt and money spinners. My question was more specific to the idea mentioned above - does a negative balance in terms of money in/out at the end of the season affect the chances that the chairman will inject cash?

The difference is quite substantial. I was under the impression that you were MORE likely to get a cash injection at the end of the season if you were heavily in debt - otherwise I'd sell before the end of the season to generate cash and reduce my wage budget.

No it doesnt take into consideration how much debt your in, if that was the case nobody would watch their wage bill and would spend every penny they get asap to get the cash injection, i believe its decided upon the Value of your squad incomparison to others in your division, your average starting 11, average rating etc.

Hi there, I manage Oldham and my av. rating, just past mid-1st season, has increased from 79 to 87... MAJOR CONCERN my wage bill is more than double my income? i'm good atbuying selling and making a profit, but think long term source of income... whats the maximummy stadium will increase by at the end of season? its 10,000 at moment. Will i get sacked for financial reason?

No it doesnt take into consideration how much debt your in' date=' if that was the case nobody would watch their wage bill and would spend every penny they get asap to get the cash injection, i believe its decided upon the Value of your squad incomparison to others in your division, your average starting 11, average rating etc.[/quote']

Ah, that makes much more sense. Thanks for the reply.

Hi there, I manage Oldham and my av. rating, just past mid-1st season, has increased from 79 to 87... MAJOR CONCERN my wage bill is more than double my income? i'm good atbuying selling and making a profit, but think long term source of income... whats the maximummy stadium will increase by at the end of season? its 10,000 at moment. Will i get sacked for financial reason?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there' date=' I manage Oldham and my av. rating, just past mid-1st season, has increased from 79 to 87... MAJOR CONCERN my wage bill is more than double my income? i'm good atbuying selling and making a profit, but think long term source of income... whats the maximummy stadium will increase by at the end of season? its 10,000 at moment. Will i get sacked for financial reason?[/quote']

(BUMP)

Good questions, which I was about to ask.

Guest Football8

Hi there' date=' I manage Oldham and my av. rating, just past mid-1st season, has increased from 79 to 87... MAJOR CONCERN my wage bill is more than double my income? i'm good atbuying selling and making a profit, but think long term source of income... whats the maximummy stadium will increase by at the end of season? its 10,000 at moment. Will i get sacked for financial reason?[/quote']

What do you mean average rating from 79 to 87 ? Did you buy better players ? And no, you currently don't get sacked.

Simple answer is no you won't get sacked for being in debt, SM don't have a sack manager thingy yet, unless its in a custom gameworld and thats only for people that finish bottom if the option is turned on by the gameworld owner.