Retiring Players

andrez_rocks

I played today the last match of season 6 with one of my teams today, I had 2 players that were retiring (Martin Laursen and some dude called Niclas Alexandersson or something like that).

Today also it switch to season 7 and they got out of the team

Do you get cash or some other compensation???

I mean Martin Laursen was starter with my team :(

Re: Retiring Players

I would be looking at a player exchange for your players now. I don't know when they disappear from your team, it could be at the beginning of the new season, or it could be at a later date. Transfer List them for now or swap them if you can get replacements. I remember Niclas Alexandersson from a few years back, at Sheffield Wednesday when they where were in the top flight I believe.

Yeah sell or swap them now as Dermo says, but if by, "Today also it switch to season 7 and they got out of the team," you mean they've dissappeared from your squad at the start of a new season, then I think that means you've just lost out and won't be compensated (although I'm not sure since it's never happened to me and I haven't read the rules on retirees recently).

:confused:

• 2 weeks later...

I have Ivica Vastic in an Engliah Championship set up and he's retiring at the end of the season (we're half way through it now). For some reason I cannot put him on the transfer list or offer him in part exchange.

I signed him two seasons ago so a transfer ban isn't the reason. His transfer status is unknown so I'm not trying to sell someone I've previously made unavailable, similarly he has no minimum fee. I have a 20 man first team squad and a 22 man youth team so can't see any squad size issues either.

I wondered whether, with the new valuations for old players, selling retiring players was banned but Paolo Maldini has just been sold and one player is on the transfer list in the same set up.

Any ideas why I can't sell him?

• 3 weeks later...

I know this thread is old but I stumbled upon this recently:

"A compensation package is available for any player within the database who retires, and the club will receive the full SM value of the player that retires at the end of a season."

http://www.soccermanager.com/help.php/index.php/Player_Database#Retired_Players

So unless the rule has changed since the page above was last modified in March 2009, then either your 'Transfer Money In' or 'Other Income' section on the Finance page (I'm guessing the latter) should have increased by the player's SM value at the end of last season.

As for the post below it sounds like a bug to me, but apparently you were compensated with his SM value when he retired anyway so it doesn't really matter.

• 2 weeks later...

i believe u dont get anything these days when players retire, i do know u cant sell a player with RTD next to his name. u should tho have had a cash injection from the chairman as its a new season.

advice is simple, dont have to many old players and try to keep tabs on them in real life if u do. hear anything that suggests retirement then get rid quick!!