Sitters

Hey guys,

I have a better idea than the already used Holiday Mode. Sitters!. Sitters are where someone looks after your account while your away. This is also on another game that I used to play called Travian.

So for example your going on holiday you assign someone as your sitter, an auto PM is sent to them and they will look after your account while your away simple (check out their not going on holiday first btw).

The sitter will only be able to do few things, like they won't be able to use transfers but will be able to change your team.

You will assign the sitter so there would be no problem with not trusting the person, because obviously the sitter you assign would be someone on SM you know or a good friend on the forum.

As for the sitter they will log on to their own account and on their profile it would say currently sitting: (e.g) Chazza Bones. Then they would click on it and they would be on their account (with restrictions) no need for passwords or emails!

When the person comes back from holiday they can just turn off the player as their sitter on their profile.

This means teams can be at their best and it isn't always the same team playing and getting NMF every game with the sitter.

What do you think of this idea?

Guest Football8

Re: Sitters

I think it's a good idea and the part where there's no email and pass is good as well and makes it more safe. Plus with the restrictions it should make in perfect.

Hey guys' date='

I have a better idea than the already used Holiday Mode. Sitters!. Sitters are where someone looks after your account while your away. This is also on another game that I used to play called Travian.

So for example your going on holiday you assign someone as your sitter, an auto PM is sent to them and they will look after your account while your away simple (check out their not going on holiday first btw).

The sitter will only be able to do few things, like they won't be able to use transfers but will be able to change your team.

You will assign the sitter so there would be no problem with not trusting the person, because obviously the sitter you assign would be someone on SM you know or a good friend on the forum.

As for the sitter they will log on to their own account and on their profile it would say currently sitting: (e.g) Chazza Bones. Then they would click on it and they would be on their account (with restrictions) no need for passwords or emails!

When the person comes back from holiday they can just turn off the player as their sitter on their profile.

This means teams can be at their best and it isn't always the same team playing and getting NMF every game with the sitter.

What do you think of this idea?[/quote']

This is a great idea and it improves the overall safety of your account because you do not need to necessarily need to give out your username or password.

The one thing I think needs to be tweaked on your idea is the transfers thing. I agree that it would be slightly annoying if the person sitting my account starting buying players that I didn't want, but if I have players on my shortlist, I would want whoever is sitting my account to try to sign them if and when they become available. So I would have a tick box that says whether or not I want whoever is sitting my account to be able to make transfers or not.

But overall, it's a great idea. :)

This is a great idea and it improves the overall safety of your account because you do not need to necessarily need to give out your username or password.

The one thing I think needs to be tweaked on your idea is the transfers thing. I agree that it would be slightly annoying if the person sitting my account starting buying players that I didn't want' date=' but if I have players on my shortlist, I would want whoever is sitting my account to try to sign them if and when they become available. So I would have a tick box that says whether or not I want whoever is sitting my account to be able to make transfers or not.

But overall, it's a great idea. :)[/quote']

Ok so maybe like a list of what people want the sitter to do and you tick the boxes while in the process of assigning the sitter?

Then the sitter is restricted to things you have put.

Guest Football8

Ok so maybe like a list of what people want the sitter to do and you tick the boxes while in the process of assigning the sitter?

Then the sitter is restricted to things you have put.

Maybe something like (tick box):

Assign Tactics (Change Players Only)

Fully Assign Tactics

Make Transfers (Shortlist Only)

Make Full Transfer Purchases

Make Full Sales

Complete Transfers (Sales and Purchases)

Fully Assign Tactics

Make Full Sales

Yes that's what I mean, something like that would work I think.

Do you think SM would take this idea and consider using it?

Fully Assign Tactics

Make Full Sales

Yeah that seems a good idea. I do agree that sometimes changing the tactics themselves isn't needed. My Club Brugge have been on the same tactics for the whole season and are sitting pretty in third place.

Guest Football8

Yes that's what I mean' date=' something like that would work I think.

Do you think SM would take this idea and consider using it?[/quote']

I don't see why not, it's a better alternative to Holiday Mode, but the most probable downside is.

What if your on a friends account who's in the same league as you and you have a match against him whilst he's on holiday ?

That could mean the person controlling the account might play a weird formation or something to gain advantage.

I don't see why not' date=' it's a better alternative to Holiday Mode, but the most probable downside is.

What if your on a friends account who's in the same league as you and you have a match against him whilst he's on holiday ?

That could mean the person controlling the account might play a weird formation or something to gain advantage.[/quote']

That's obviously a concern but it's all down to trust. I don't think the idea should be scrapped just for that, I know I wouldn't do it just to gain an advantage.

Guest Football8

That's obviously a concern but it's all down to trust. I don't think the idea should be scrapped just for that' date=' I know I wouldn't do it just to gain an advantage.[/quote']

Yeah, maybe you could give it to a trustworthy friend who isn't selfish enough to do such a thing. :D

this is a great idea !!!!!

one of best i have heard :)

although will SM introduce something that will render "holiday mode" useless and therefore get rid of something that makes their money making gold membership better ?? maybeee not and fair enough if they dont tbh :)

Sitters wouldn't only be for GM's they'd be for everyone, gold or not.:)

Sitters wouldn't only be for GM's they'd be for everyone' date=' gold or not.:)[/quote']

As much as I'd like it to be this way, I can only see SM adding this for GMs, just as they did it with holiday mode. The difference being that this is a far better version of holiday mode because you have an actual human managing the welfare of the teams.

I find it amazing that when genunine good ideas come onboard that a week later some genuis has the same suggestion :rolleyes:

http://forum.soccermanager.com/showthread.php?t=44858

Tactical Issues

< Upgrade Holiday Mode / Pre-Set Tactics >

Being Able To Pre-Set Tactics Several Games In Advance.

Discussion Somewere In Forum, Can't Find

Hoping whoever suggest the sitting idea last week will remember and show me the thread..

The idea has several flaws which i feel would reuslt in SM not wanting to touch this idea, We went with improving the holiday mode further as the most viable option.

I find it amazing that when genunine good ideas come onboard that a week later some genuis has the same suggestion :rolleyes:

http://forum.soccermanager.com/showthread.php?t=44858

Tactical Issues

< Upgrade Holiday Mode / Pre-Set Tactics >

Being Able To Pre-Set Tactics Several Games In Advance.

Discussion Somewere In Forum' date=' Can't Find[/color']

Hoping whoever suggest the sitting idea last week will remember and show me the thread..

The idea has several flaws which i feel would reuslt in SM not wanting to touch this idea, We went with improving the holiday mode further as the most viable option.

So someone already had this idea?

I swear to you, if anyone made It before me I have not copied them, this idea was fully my own. I also searched and couldn't find anything.

If someone else has made it before me, I'm sorry.