Sign in to follow this  
Bail

Tottenham Hotspur (EC4032)

Yetserday I picked up Tottenham Hotspur in a newly created English Championship, so I decided I will do regular reports about my progress and transfer news.

This thread is for me only, but feel free to post feedback:)

Re: Tottenham Hotspur (EC4032)

Tottenham Unveil New Manager

0,,12306~3695619,00.jpg

Gaudin Unveiled To Fans

Yesterday Tottenham Hotspur approached Baillie Gaudin to become their new manager and he jumped at the chance. Gaudin has not yet proved he is a professional manager but after a succesful spell at league 2 side Brighton and Hove Albion, Tottenham believe he is the right man for the job.

Fans are not yet sure whether this is good news or bad news but after Gaudin opened his plans and objectives of the season to the public, smiles began to show. The plans consist of:

1. Finish in the top 5.

2. Build a young and capable squad.

3. Become strong title contenders in two seasons.

Gaudin has high hopes for Tottenham and only time will tell what will happen, but it is certain that lots of change will be happening over the next few weeks.

Lisandro Signs For Tottenham

LisandroLopez_2307165.jpg

Lopez Lisandro: Looking Forward To His Time In England

In the early hours of this morning, Argentinian striker Lopez Lisandro signed a 2 year contract at Tottenham. The 26 year-old signed from Lyon in a swap deal involving Roman Pavlyuchenko and 4.7million. Lisandro will lead Tottenham's attacking force next season adding experience and skill.

Gaudin stated that he has high hopes for Lisandro and he will be given many chances to shine at the English Club. This confirms Gaudin's first signing at Tottenham but has told media that he will not be backing down in the transfer markey any time soon.

We managed to bump into Lisandro and ask him a few questions:

How where you approached by Gaudin?

I recieved a phone call yesterday from Gaudin and he said he would like to meet with me, so I caught the next plane to England.

And when you arrived in England?

I went to White Hart Lane where Gaudin told me his desire to sign me, and I jumped at the chance.

Was the decision tough?

It was tough but I have always wanted to play in England as it is so competitive, and what club better to join than Tottenham.

Will you miss France?

Yes, I had some great times in France and the guys at Lyon where all sound.

Asenjo New Number One

0+sergio+asenjo+valladolid+barcelona.jpg

Asenjo Handed The Number One Jersey Ahead Of Next Season

This morning Spanish goalkeeping prospect Sergio Asenjo was unveiled to fans and was also handed the number 1 jersey by Manager Baillie Gaudin. The 20 year old signed for a fee of 11m euros and put pen to paper on a new 3 year contract, earning £21,000 a turn.

Asenjo was handed the number 1 jersey after Brazilian stopper Gomes left White Hart Lane to join Internazionale for £12.1million.

Gaudin stated in a press confrance ' I know Asenjo is very young and he has a massive job to do here as he will be my first choice goalkeeper, but I believe he can live up to standards and contribute to a succesful season at Tottenham'. Sergio Asenjo is Gaudin's second signing at Tottenham so far as the English club is turning into a world class team.

Next Zidane Joins Tottenham

yoann_gourcuff.jpg

Gourcuff Will Be Vital Next Season

Buffed as the new Zidane Bordeaux midfielder Yoann Gourcuff has completed a £14million move to English side Tottenham Hotspur, also achieving a new club record. The French Prospect showed attributes of a world class player at French champions Bordeaux last season, but became unsettled and wanted a new challenge. And Tottenham manager Gaudin snapped him before any other club could declare interest.

Gaudin stated he is a big fan of the 23 year-old and believes in two years Gourcuff could well be the best midfielder in the world. Gaudin went on to say Gourcuff will be one of our main features in midfield next season providing balls to the strikers and that extra sting on the pitch.

Tottenham Hotspur Transfer Update

It$27s~a~deal~Handshake.jpg

In...

Sergio Asenjo Completes an £11m move to Tottenham. And has been confirmed as the number 1 for next season.

Yoann Gourcuff Signed a 3 year contract at Tottenham for a club record of £14m.

Lopez Lisandro is now a Tottenham player after he was involved in a swap deal with Roman Pavlyuchenko and £4.7m going to Lyon.

Out...

Darren Bent Leaves Tottenham to join division 2 side Reading for a sum of £7m.

Brazilian stopper Gomes leaves for Internazionale for £12m making way for Asenjo.

After failing to impress at Tottenham, Giovani joined Ipswich Town for £7m.

And Finally Wilson Palacios joined Club Brugge for £6.5m

Pique Leaves Barca For Tottenham

pique2.jpg

Pique Will Be Regular For Club And Country

Late on last night Spanish defender Gerard Pique was unveiled as a Tottenham Hotspur player leaving Spanish giants Barcelona for a fee of £12 million. The 22 year old defender signed a 3 year contract keeping him at White Hart Lane until 2013. Pique is thought to be Tottenham manager Gaudin's number one choice at centre back replacing Jonathon Woodgate who's career is bound for Italian club Palermo.

Gaudin told media that Pique was a 'Bargain' and believes playing for Tottenham will give him that push into the Spanish national team as a regular.

It is not yet sure who will partner Pique in defence as Gaudin has made it very clear his squad is no where near complete even though the season has kicked of. Gaudin told us 'I am not finished buying players, my squad is far from complete and it could take weeks or maybe months to finalise negotiations but I will remain confident'.

Hamsik Completes Record Move To Tottenham

Tuesday, 4th August 2009

Marek+Ham%C5%A1%C3%ADk.jpg

Hamsik Will Make His Debut Tomorrow Against Portsmouth

Today Slovak Marek Hamsik Completed a club record move to Londoners Tottenham Hotspur from Italian side Napoli. Negotiations between the two clubs proceeded throughout the day when the deal was agreed at £15 million, a club record for Tottenham. Hamsik finalised a 4 year deal keeping him in England until 2014 earing a fee believed to be around £43,500 per turn. Gaudin has confirmed that the 22 year old will be partnering Frenchman Yoann Gourcuff in Tottenham's new look midfield.

Gaudin told media that his spending spree in the transfer market is nearly over and his new Tottenham squad is almost complete. Gaudin went on to talk about Hamsik's big money move to us, 'I know £15m is alot of money but I bought Hamsik because I believe he will form into a world class player here at White Hart Lane, and that is why I was happy to make Hamsik our club record signing'

Hamsik has been named in Gaudin's starting 11 against Portsmouth tomorow where he will make his debut along with Alvaro Negredo who signed earlier this week from Real Madrid for a fee of £12m.

Match Preview

Wednesday, 5th Aughust 2009

Tottenham Hotspur vs. Portsmouth

20:00 5th August

Home Game

default.jpg

Tonight Tottenham Hotpur go into their second game of the new campiagn knowing that a win will be vital to pull their season back together following a 2-1 loss at Anfield on Saturday. Portsmouth on the other hand go into the game with their confidence high as they kicked of the season with a win over Wigan Athletic. Tottenham manager Baillie Gaudin has told media that his squad is very powerful and should be able to pull of a win with ease.

Gaudin has not yet named a starting eleven ahead of the game but it is thought to be released to fans in the next few hours. One player who is definatly playing will be Luis Fabiano, the striker was close to sealing a deal with Tottenham but was given a better offer by Portsmouth and signed with the South English club.

Tottenham are yet to appoint a permanent captain for the season but Croatian defender Vedran Corluka will be the man incharge Gaudin's squad for this fixture.

Tottenham Hotspur Lineup

Wednesday, 5th August 2009

pen-and-paper-0003-350x232.png

Just minutes ago Gaudin announced his starting eleven ahead of tonight's fixture against Portsmouth:

GK Segio Asenjo

RB Alan Hutton

CB Vedran Corluka

CB Ledley King

LB Ally Cissokho

RM Aaron Lennon

CM Yoann Gourcuff

CM Marek Hamsik

LM Luka Modric

ST Lopez Lisandro

ST Alvero Negredo

SUB1 Carlo Cudicini

SUB2 Gregory Van Der Wiel

SUB3 John Bostock

SUB4 Carneiro Keirrison

SUB5 Danny Rose

A number of players featuring in Gaudin's chosen eleven will be making their debut's tonight and even though his squad is not yet complete Gaudin has full faith in his squad winning the game.

'Our Squad Is Complete'

Saturday, 8th August 2009

After weeks of spending, selling and buying Tottenham Hotspur manager Baillie Gaudin has told media that his new look squad is now complete. Gaudin's spending spree was thought to be around a massive £160 million but the Englishman stated it was a much needed makeover that was long overdew and he now believe's Tottenham can challenge for a top four finish.

After starting of the new campiagn with two losses Gaudin has expressed his confidence in pulling of a win against bottom placed Arsenal in tonights fixture.

First and second starting linup's have been drawn up and released to the public and we managed to look into it:

Starting XI

Asenjo

Gamez Pique Marcellis Sakho

Sessegnon Gourcuff Hamsik Modric

Lisnadro Huntelaar

Second XI

Delac

Van Der Wiel Subotic Kjaer Cissokho

Lennon ??? Fer Ben Arfa

Negredo Hulk

Tottenham Thrash London Rivals

Sunday, 9th August 2009

Tottenham 3-0 Arsenal

Negredo (28)

Huntelaar (36)

Fer (81)

Referee - Alon Yefet

Attendance - 35,669

JenasArsenal1st.jpg

Spurs Defence Stopping All Arsenal Play

Last night Tottenham Hotspur players went into a tough fixture with London rivals Arsenal knowing they had to win to get the right start to the new season. Tottenham had allready lost their first two games of the season with a 2-1 loss at Anfield and then a dissapointing 4-2 defeat against high flying Portsmouth. Arsenal normally a club competing for the title challenging any club also found themselves in terrible form with two defeats and sitting last place in the league table.

The game kicked of at 8pm and Tottenham challenged from the start with chances from new signing Sessegnon and Sakho, Arsenal also had their chances but struggled to get the ball past Tottenham's rock solid defence and Sergio Asenjo also impressing in goal. The stalemate ended on the 28th minute when former Real Madrid man Alvero Negredo scored a sensational shot from outside the area to net the first goal of the game.

Not many more chances came around for both teams until on the 36th minute Huntelaar (on his debut) made a tremendous volley into the back of the net putting Tottenham up by two goals to none. The rest of the first half consisted of sloppy chances from out of form Arsenal.

The second half was abit better for Arsenal with Dutchmen Van Persie making some wonderful runs and getting the crowd on their feet but nothing came of his chances with Tottenham's defence where in top form working as a team for the first time this season. With fans starting to leave White Hart Lane to get home as the game neared it's end everybody predicted the game was over and no more goals were to come, but on the 81st minute young substitute Leroy Fer followed up a rebound of the post to power the ball into the net to finish the game for good.

In a press conference after the game Gaudin expressed his delight with his team after overcoming perhaps their biggest rivals in London, ' I am proud of my team and I hope this is the sign of a good season after two losses'. With Tottenham's squad growing ever stronger there must only be good results on the way.

Spurs Sign Another Dutchmen

Tuesday, 11th August 2009

BCFEYENOORD01_23025_211694e.jpg

Fer And Wijnaldum Linking Up Again

Yesterday Tottenham Hotspur completed the signing of young Dutchmen Wijnaldum for a fee £5.7m. After negotiations went on for the whole day between Tottenham and Feynoord the club finally came to an agreement with Wijnaldum signing a 3 year contract at the London club. Gaudin has now told media his squad is complete and there will be no more transfers until at least midway through the season.

The 18 year old player was tempted at joining Spurs since the start of the season but Tottenham could not find funds to invest in Wijnaldum but Gaudin held talks with his Chairman and he was given the funds, Wijnaldum told us that former Feynoord midfielder Leroy Fer who was picked up by Tottenham at the start of the season persuaded Georginio to once again link up with him in London.