The Official Valencia C.F. Thread

Tom Erdenay

Re: The Official Valencia C.F. Thread

Im thinking of signing Banega. How's he doing at Valencia? Also, what with Liverpool playing rubbish and people criticising Aquilani's £20m price tag, would Valencia have sold Banega for £20m earlier this season, and do you think he would have done better than Aquilani?

Im thinking of signing Banega. How's he doing at Valencia? Also' date=' what with Liverpool playing rubbish and people criticising Aquilani's £20m price tag, would Valencia have sold Banega for £20m earlier this season, and do you think he would have done better than Aquilani?[/quote']

Banega didn't play so well his first season at Valencia (2007-08) and was sent out on loan to Atletico the season after where he did better in my opinion and so he got back to Valencia this season and I must say, he is finally showing his talent. I think Banega would have done better than Aquilani in EPL. I mean, Aquilani was injured most of the times in Italy and I didn't understand why Liverpool wanted him. If you are injured most of the times in Italy, how are you going to do well in EPL?! Banega is also more stronger in his body than Aquilani and has a better technique in my opinion. But, if I were Rafa, I would go for someone with more experience from Premier League than Banega and I would personally go for maybe Milner of Aston Villa perhaps. I've seen him play in the middle and I think he has been really good.

Probably an official time to declare that the club is in crisis again :mad:

P.s. even though there were some positive points' date=' ESPECIALLY JOEL.[/quote']

Not crisis exactly, the only difference the two bad results made is that, the fight for the third place is still wide open. Had Valencia capitalised on Sevilla's losses, Los Che would have been comfortable in third place with maybe a ten point lead. They could have atleast taken four, if not all six, points from the last two games. If Valencia have to show their supremacy again in La Liga, they must be able to beat sides like Atletico and Sevilla and they definitely should have won against Racing. Such fixtures prove vital in deciding the fate of teams and although Valencia are still four points ahead, they may regret dropping these vital points considering the fact that they now face Barcelona next.

Barcelona 1-0 Valencia :(

Messi with a truly fantastic goal. 55 minutes played... Valencia were the better team first half but since Henry came on at half-time for Bojan.

Yep, fantastic goal by Messi. Bojan hasn't been good since his first season. Barca should really loan him out and try to sign a cheap player with routine of La Liga as a bench warmer for Zlatan. It would be a better way for both Barca and Bojan.

Yeah' date=' really have no replacement for him. Dominguez hasn't cut it since joining and Zigic... well missed that sitter.[/quote']

Dominguez hasn't been so good this match but that's beacuse they use him at the wrong position and Zigic, well, he isn't Valencia class. We can keep it as that....

Dominguez hasn't been so good this match but that's beacuse they use him at the wrong position and Zigic' date=' well, he isn't Valencia class. We can keep it as that....[/quote']

Dominguez hasn't been good at all since arriving tbh.

Oh well, one bright spot of the game - Jordi Alba. Shown glimpses of what he can do.

Dominguez hasn't been good at all since arriving tbh.

Oh well' date=' one bright spot of the game - Jordi Alba. Shown glimpses of what he can do.[/b']

Yep, the youngster has look great in this game, but on Mata services. I hope Mata will find his last years form, not that I have something against Jordi, but I really like Mata and if he just plays like last season, then Valencia has some great attacker options.

EDIT: Messi!!

EDIT 2: Messi!! Again!!

Yep' date=' the youngster has look great in this game, but on Mata services. I hope Mata will find his last years form, not that I have something against Jordi, but I really like Mata and if he just plays like last season, then Valencia has some great attacker options.

[b']EDIT: Messi[/b]!!

Edit: Messi Again lol.

Yeah' date=' really have no replacement for him. Dominguez hasn't cut it since joining and Zigic... well missed that sitter.[/quote']

The Zigic miss could well be the turning point. Had he scored, things would have been quite different. A goal down and a man down and to top it two injuries. Things can't get worse for Los Che. A night to forget really. They have been poor in the last few matches and quite lucky to still be in third place. And as I write this, Messi puts and end to the match by scoring his second. Game over for sure now! The pressure is back on Madrid, though I feel they'll easily get the required three points against Valladolid.

Messi scores again! What the hell just happened? I thought they were showing the replay only to realise that it was Messi's hat-trick. The introduction of Henry has made all the difference. He's been simply outstanding since coming on.

How's this Joel rb kid? Is he any good and can he feauture more often?

He looks promising alright, although its early to judge... Should get a good few more minutes before the end of the season especially with Valencia's injury crisis in defence. He's on the bench tonight.

Brilliant stuff from Messi tonight...

As much as I hate to see Valencia lose' date=' I'm happy that its Barca who have beat them. :D

Come on Valladollid![/quote']

I'd rather almost any other team would have won rather than Barca. The sad thing is that I've predicted the 3-0 Barca win and all of them in the 2nd half to two of my friends.. I also said that Valencia will be the better team in the 1st half...

<---- idiot.

Distraught' date=' gutted :([/quote']

To be frank, I never expected Valencia to win today. I thought they could atleast take a point from this fixture. But without Villa, they lacked the killer instinct. How they wished, Villa was the one with the one-on-one chance with Valdes instead of Zigic. The match turned around from there. Valencia din't do much to take anything from the game. They were poor and never looked like troubling the defending champions. Its three continuous games without a win now and the pressure seems to be mounting again.

He looks promising alright' date=' although its early to judge... Should get a good few more minutes before the end of the season especially with Valencia's injury crisis in defence. He's on the bench tonight.

Brilliant stuff from Messi tonight...[/quote']

Cheers Ken :) Got a feeling I'm gonna regret selling Jordi Alba!

:eek: Can't believe you sold him! The sad thing is I would have paid more too... :(:P Oh well' date=' you can't say I didn't warn you. I told you way back he was class and to keep him! :D:p[/quote']

7M wasn't a bad price for him though! At the time it seemed a good price, not now, though :o Look's like I'll have competition to sign him from Port Vale in a month or so!?

Is San Jose still playing well?

7M wasn't a bad price for him though! At the time it seemed a good price' date=' not now, though :o Look's like I'll have competition to sign him from Port Vale in a month or so!?

Is San Jose still playing well?[/quote']

I would have no trouble paying that much for him. :o Yeah, you will :D I'm saving already :D:p

Yeah, not bad. Hasn't been as impressive in the recent run of games but I still rate him. Its early to predict, but could see him going as high as 87 next changes.

I would have no trouble paying that much for him. :o Yeah' date=' you will :D I'm saving already :D:p

Yeah, not bad. Hasn't been as impressive in the recent run of games but I still rate him. Its early to predict, but could see him going as high as 87 next changes.[/quote']

Shame I couldn't tempt you with my offers for Smalling :o Sure you won't sell for near chairman max?

Good news. Great news. I hope they sign him off L'pool.